The Falkirk FC Thread

Brilliant first half performance- fully deserved to be 3 goals up at half time. Stirling Albion really offered very little. Eased off a bit second hand without letting Stirling into the game.

Would like to see us adopt the same tempo and dynamism against better teams.

Another great attendance of over 4300.

7 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Thought we were excellent tonight.  No real passengers.  Miller was unplayable first half , MacIver scored a cracking goal and lead the line well. Big Coll at the back solid.  And a mention for the young keeper.  Didn't have much to do but his first half double save was outstanding.  His distribution is first class too. Looks a special talent to me.

Keeper has gained a lot of confidence since the nervous first games. Hogarth will need to wait and Hayward is picked instead of Brad!

Edited by Bigbrbairn

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Team have picked up right from where they left off against Cove. 

Exactly, too many on here were negative because we drew up there, if they had been there they would have seen a similar team performance without a Brad arse up.

I wanted him away after Airdrie, but he's got us playing some good stuff so far this eason, hope it continues.

Edited by Sarcastic Bairn
spelling

6 hours ago, Zbairn said:

I think thats the problem. First 10 minutes we go gung ho.....and look great. If we don't score we revert back to the tippy tappy across the back, looking for an opening that invariably doesn't occur.  When that happens we hope there isn't a calamity at the back. After that, it's anyones guess what will happen. 

Nice to see us starting strongly and finishing teams off early for a change. 

Only criticism tonight was the floodlight power saving mode being left on for too long. Ha

As good as Ive seen from us for a fair wee while. First half was excellent. What a difference getting the ball out wide quick and hitting the bye-line, which caused them a real panic every time. 

A special mention must go to Miller who I thought was outstanding in the first half.  Also, Long for his double save which was exceptional and very important at that stage of the match. 

Foot off the pedal for the second half, but contained them well. 

Roll on Saturday ! 

Continuation of the performance level up at Cove but this time got the rub of the green as well. Thought we were excellent tonight creating numerous chances and only really had one scary moment at the back. Ross MacIver continues to show how ridiculous some of the criticism on here was at the time of his signing as well, it’s not just the lads goals but his physicality and link up play has been fantastic and he’s looking like a real find. The subs also looked lively when brought on towards then end and played a part in seeing the game out. No complaints at all tonight! I’ve come home a very happy and entertained fan. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Great performance and a brilliant finish by MacIver. Back four were superb.

At one stage the KM was rocking and almost willing that 4th goal to come. Superb effort by the Ultras and you could feel it spread through the crowd.

Same again Saturday at Alloa please.

1 minute ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

The tempo of the performance is what’s so encouraging. Having Spencer and Miller in there over previous and current players is really pushing us on at this very early stage.

Agreed, in fact every one of the new signings for me so far look like upgrades on the players they’ve replaced. 

4 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Agreed, in fact every one of the new signings for me so far look like upgrades on the players they’ve replaced. 

I actually shudder what McGinn and Oliver would bring now, in a starting berth anyway. Useful off the bench but no more than that. Nesbitt could still start games but maybe only around 10-12.

10 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

I actually shudder what McGinn and Oliver would bring now, in a starting berth anyway. Useful off the bench but no more than that. Nesbitt could still start games but maybe only around 10-12.

Agree on McGinn and Oliver but I think Nesbit has looked really lively in each game coming on in the 2nd half and would be happy to see him start if needed. It’s actually really good competition for places in that area of the park now. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Didn’t think much of it when the group was created but the ultras really have made a huge difference. Got the crowd buzzing today and maybe even pushed the team onto that all important 3rd goal.

Performance like that will create that buzz and the game is done after 45 mins, meaning we can rest key players - more of the same at home.

Alloa have had a fairly poor start and we should be demanding 3 points on Saturday 

Very good performance, slowed a bit in the 2nd half, but that was understandable. 

I thought Long (although he didn't have much to do), Donaldson, Spencer and Miller were outstanding, a cut above really. The rest were just very good, including the subs who all played their parts.

Echo the thoughts re McIvor, he's proving to be a very good addition, not just for his goals but his general play and contribution. As I've said, McGlynn can spot a player, so maybe those that wrote him off should be eating some humble pie and admit that they got it wrong?

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Very good performance, slowed a bit in the 2nd half, but that was understandable. 

I thought Long (although he didn't have much to do), Donaldson, Spencer and Miller were outstanding, a cut above really. The rest were just very good, including the subs who all played their parts.

Echo the thoughts re McIvor, he's proving to be a very good addition, not just for his goals but his general play and contribution. As I've said, McGlynn can spot a player, so maybe those that wrote him off should be eating some humble pie and admit that they got it wrong?

Steady, good win and performance tonight but the remit for McGlynn is quite clear and I won’t be admitting anything until he’s achieved what he’s here to do.