The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Can't be on much more cash if any than hetherington was on and they took him.

Aye and immediately knew they'd been stung pardon the wasp pun. I doubt they'll be in a hurry to get another player from us as much you'd love to see big bad brad hamper their goal difference. 

3 hours ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Won’t hear anything until the prematch towards the end of the week.

In the past you wouldn't have heard anything period until the lineups went out an hour before kickoff. Managers are usually pretty secretive about any injuries which affect their team selection.  McGlynn seems to be very open in this regard, at least compared to some of his predecessors. 

3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Lawal doesn't have the pace either to play out wide. In fact he's slower than nesbitt.

I would very much doubt there will be a change of goalkeeper .  If he was to continue making errors though that would be a different story but I'd expect Long to keep his place for the moment.

Nesbitt does plenty of running and is constantly on the go but he's not quick or explosive. Lawal on the other hand has a good turn of pace he just doesn't move about as much as Nesbitt.

Lawal played out wide left against Civil Service and managed to skip by his man to get to the byline a fair few times. Also last season I can remember him bursting through the middle of the park too.

7 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Lawal doesn't have the pace either to play out wide. In fact he's slower than nesbitt.

I would very much doubt there will be a change of goalkeeper .  If he was to continue making errors though that would be a different story but I'd expect Long to keep his place for the moment.

I think you'd need an actual head to head race to see who is the slowest between Lawal and Nesbitt. 

Both ain't got anywhere near the pace of Miller for sure who was just beginning to shine out left. 

4 hours ago, MrDust said:

I think you'd need an actual head to head race to see who is the slowest between Lawal and Nesbitt. 

Both ain't got anywhere near the pace of Miller for sure who was just beginning to shine out left. 

Lawal would need about 30 yards minimum even if he is faster. Nesbitt is miles quicker off the mark than him and is absolutely no slouch in terms of acceleration and changing direction. He's probably not getting away from many full backs though over a decent distance though. 

Nesbitts cameos that iv seen so far this season have been OK. And let's face it, we're going to need him this season. Who knows.... Its seems like we are playing a ore direct style. We must also be training that way. Let's hope we see better from the likes of Nesbitt and Oliver on that basis. Less touches, move the ball on faster. It's not rocket science. 

Agree, It’s certainly not rocket science and the fast direct approach is something the opposition are finding hard to deal with. We look threatening every time we move forward, and it’s no coincidence that with McGinn and Oliver not starting we look far more mobile across the middle. With the squad narrow in numbers, I’ve no doubt most of the squad will be used, just hope we don’t change our style of play to accommodate certain individuals.

15 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Agree, It’s certainly not rocket science and the fast direct approach is something the opposition are finding hard to deal with. We look threatening every time we move forward, and it’s no coincidence that with McGinn and Oliver not starting we look far more mobile across the middle. With the squad narrow in numbers, I’ve no doubt most of the squad will be used, just hope we don’t change our style of play to accommodate certain individuals.

McGinn certainly significantly less mobile than Spencer, but again, we must be training to move the ball through the centre of the park quicker out to the wide areas. That's not really something someone like McGinn should struggle with. It's just when Spencer elects to carry the ball, that's not really something McGinn can go do as well. 

19 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Sadly I don't think we can ever start Lawal. He's a ' last 20 minutes when you're winning handily' sub. 

His start earlier this season gives me the absolute fear we'll ever play him for 90 again.

I'd give him another start v Ayr. Id also give Hogarth a game.

Any chat about Pearse Carroll? Not been on the bench the last couple of games. Would love to see him start too.

Thought Rhys Walker looked good in his short cameo too. Did brilliant to take the ball up the line and feed in Lawal for his goal. 

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

I'd give him another start v Ayr. Id also give Hogarth a game.

I think for Hogarth he has been told you are cup keeper unless it’s the old firm then it’s long as he is the better keeper and for lawal I wouldn’t risk him against Ayr as they will probably know how we play and lawal is to much of a risk to play due to his lack of experience and the fact Ayr will probably play a close to full strength squad 

Podcast is OUT NOW…

🆕🎙️EP:51 FORTH VALLEY IS NAVY BLUE

🔵 Review wins over Stirling Alb & Alloa
⚪️ Competitions to win a captains armband & Brockville prints
🔵 Latest FFC news
⚪️ Preview Edinburgh City (A)
🔵 @FalkirkfcSS Monthly Draw

Sponsored by @HaldaneConst 👏🏻

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

9E91804D-32C6-46B0-AF4B-733A5B5EC339.thumb.jpeg.2e953fe7a1ec784cc16aa9d4872a3ebf.jpeg