The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Think we are just going to have to do this ourselves and not rely on anyone else 

I feel the same I can't see Falkirk dropping many points either whoever gets more points from the Accies Falkirk games will likely win the league. 

2 hours ago, Zbairn said:

Just thinking aloud. Could the club not have organised this for the Westfield Lounge, with a beer and pie thrown in ?

Maybe make a higher margin of profit over having it at the inchyra ?

Capacity of the Westfield Lounge or the Brockville lounge is 100 at best. Club are aiming for 300 at this and assume they’ve done the math to make it more than worthwhile. I wouldn’t be surprised too if the fee the Inchyra take for 2 courses is cheaper than what the council charge for 2 courses…👀

20 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

It does sound like there is a gap in the market in the area. Is there not a large space on the first floor of the main stand (south end) that is pretty much unused? 

The internal of the north stand also remains undeveloped, obviously the cost implications need looked at but it would be good if the club could utilise that in a similar way to the south stand. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

10 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Capacity of the Westfield Lounge or the Brockville lounge is 100 at best. Club are aiming for 300 at this and assume they’ve done the math to make it more than worthwhile. I wouldn’t be surprised too if the fee the Inchyra take for 2 courses is cheaper than what the council charge for 2 courses…👀

What about the Leapark Hotel it ticks the boxes, location, capacity, access.

4 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

What about the Leapark Hotel it ticks the boxes, location, capacity, access.

I don’t think it’s as big as the Inchyra but could be wrong. I go to the Business Club yearly dinner in there and I think it holds around 150 seated for functions. But could be wrong. Good shout though. Although no idea if they currently sponsor/support the club financially. 

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

The internal of the north stand also remains undeveloped, obviously the cost implications need looked at but it would be good if the club could utilise that in a similar way to the south stand. 

I believe the club looked at retrofitting the North Stand to mirror the mezzanine layout in the KM Stand but costs were prohibitive and the idea was dropped.

1 hour ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

Rumour going round the pub last night that Maciver has picked up a knock in training. Hopefully not bad enough to keep him out.

If it is I'd be throwing Agye up top, different players obviously but means you aren't missing that physical presence up there.

Edited by FFC 1876

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Agyeman in for Ethan Ross, other than that it’s business as usual.

Wrong decision for me. Ethan should have started with Agyeman coming on against a tiring defence. When Nesbitt went off, Ross should have been on them and Agyeman moved inside to the 10. He doesn’t look as good out wide.

Fantastic result against a good Montrose team, Blair Lyons fucking loves shafting us. 

Nesbitt injuring himself making his first slide tackle of the season sums him up. Get Agyeman back in the 10 and Ethan Ross out wide next week please super John.

Me screaming 'Don't shoot' just as Morrison plants the winner in the top bin. Scenes.

This team is full of character and doesn’t know when they are beat, fantastic never say die attitude. Callumn Morrison I owe you an apology, I was one of those that would happily have seen you go in the summer, just goes to show you that deep down I know f**k all about football.

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

This team is full of character and doesn’t know when they are beat, fantastic never say die attitude. Callumn Morrison I owe you an apology, I was one of those that would happily have seen you go in the summer, just goes to show you that deep down I know f**k all about football.

Morrison has been a different player this season. I wouldn't have been bothered if he left in the summer but he has jumped up a level. 

I don't think the ability was ever in question across the team but adding a bit more intensity this season has made a world of difference. 

Really looking forward to this title race. It has already become a week by week shoot-out.