The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

I think I'm coming to the conclusion that these folk are genuinely thick! I've said it before, but if they think that a Falkirk squad that's been assembled to win L1 is going to give everyone else a pasting every week, they're utterly delusional. Players are human and are likely to suffer losses in form at some point, that's surely obvious? 

I see a couple of below par performances has seen pedro reappear with his red dots, despite the fact that we took 4 out of 6 points from them, remain top of the league and are still unbeaten! Maybe it was him that was shouting that 'MacIvor has been shit for weeks and should have been dropped'? 

Morrison and Spencer have both suffered injuries in the last few weeks and yesterday they did not appear to be at their best which is totally understandable.  Perhaps the break from league business over the next few weeks will help them recover full fitness and confidence.

Edinburgh tried to rough us up as can be seen in their 8 bookings but we still found a way to win. I think this will be a pattern when playing against teams in fear of relegation for the rest of the season. 

19 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I think I'm coming to the conclusion that these folk are genuinely thick! I've said it before, but if they think that a Falkirk squad that's been assembled to win L1 is going to give everyone else a pasting every week, they're utterly delusional. Players are human and are likely to suffer losses in form at some point, that's surely obvious? 

I see a couple of below par performances has seen pedro reappear with his red dots, despite the fact that we took 4 out of 6 points from them, remain top of the league and are still unbeaten! Maybe it was him that was shouting that 'MacIvor has been shit for weeks and should have been dropped'? 

Hiya peds, hiya pal! :lol:

Miller and Morrison likely to be our first choice wingers which leaves one place for Agyeman/Nesbitt/Ross if everyone is fit.  I think his goal will mean Nesbit will start for at least the next 2-3 game, McGlynn seems to really like him but for me, both Agyeman and Ross are better and more likely to hurt teams. 

I think we'll see Mackie, Bisland and Long start against Dundee Utd.  

53 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Miller and Morrison likely to be our first choice wingers which leaves one place for Agyeman/Nesbitt/Ross if everyone is fit.  I think his goal will mean Nesbit will start for at least the next 2-3 game, McGlynn seems to really like him but for me, both Agyeman and Ross are better and more likely to hurt teams. 

I think we'll see Mackie, Bisland and Long start against Dundee Utd.  

Doubt you’ll see Bisland since he’s on loan from Utd 

On 10/11/2023 at 15:57, LatapyBairn. said:

How much of the club do SA and MR still own? Can’t be much more than 10% between them? 

15% I understand. Direct from a somebody ITK, this is a Canadian group with big money who have agreed terms with the Rawlins and in  discussion with the MSG, who were critical of the board and fan ownership in the meeting. To invest they want a majority share and are being advised by Martin Rennie and a local businessman.  

9 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

15% I understand. Direct from a somebody ITK, this is a Canadian group with big money who have agreed terms with the Rawlins and in  discussion with the MSG, who were critical of the board and fan ownership in the meeting. To invest they want a majority share and are being advised by Martin Rennie and a local businessman.  

FFS. That’s quite a statement ! Any substance or is the ITK a reliable source? Three legged stool would fall over to begin with ?

18 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

Leigh Griffith's to be their first signing...

Apologies but sounds like a load of horse manure.

35 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

Scott Arfields long lost relatives?

1 hour ago, AJ1981 said:

Is the person ITK the little voice in your own head? 

2 hours ago, AJ1981 said:

I was nearly taken in by your post until you mentioned the advisory role of Martin Ronnie 🙈😎

5 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Yea, but surely the council have a responsibility to keep their property and patrons safe? If there had been signs indicating that the pavement was closed with a diversion route for pedestrians, I would have taken it. There wasn't that I can remember.

Oh don’t sound the HSW horn.  He doesn’t need any encouragement 

3 hours ago, AJ1981 said:

You normally seem a level headed type poster so I won’t shoot you down. I’ve no knowledge of this but if true I’m not necessarily against it. Nothing could happen without a vote and an EGM however, fans already have a controlling shareholding so even a private share sale between two parties would need our approvaL never mind the logistics behind organising a share issue. If the Rawlins are interested in selling up added to the shares still owned by the former MSG that certainly adds up to a healthy chunk of the club. Perhaps our new third leg? 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

13 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

You normally seem a level headed type poster so I won’t shoot you down. I’ve no knowledge of this but if true I’m not necessarily against it. Nothing could happen without a vote and an EGM however, fans already have a controlling shareholding so even a private share sale between two parties would need our approvaL never mind the logistics behind organising a share issue. 

Already said, but Mr Rennie, surely is a wind up? Or simply a wrong surname, if it was Ritchie? Which is far more believable.