The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, ebobsboy said:

Fantastic result, totally deserved. I was a bit worried going into this especially after scraping past Edinburgh last week, I thought United might have put us to the sword a bit, but this should give us a massive confidence boost, if we can take apart the side likely to get promoted back to the premiership we should have absolutely nothing to fear going forward for the rest of the season. 

Take lessons from that. Let the ball do the work for us. Crisp, fast passing. Pressure on the ball out of possession. We always looks better under McGlynn v teams that want to play, but that stood out tonight as a really A grade performance. The quality on show was top notch. 

55 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Jordan Allan and Ola Lawal coming on with 10 seconds to go seems a weird thing to do.

only thing I can think of is that the two of them would get appearance/win bonuses for coming on. If so, McGlynn doing them a favour

PS what a team x

Wasting time aka "game management".

Fantastic performance - second half best of season and no coincidence against a team that also tried to attack.  Only area of debate now is goalkeeper with both making errors recently, I think I prefer Long as he releases the ball quicker but  I'd not be too upset. I feel for Jordan Allan but as we know he's not the person to be one up front. Well done all - let's keep it going til we win the league without any defeat.

Edited by Kevin James Left Knee

Thoroughly deserved that tonight. Could have had 6 or 7 easily whereas United barely threatened. Every Championship side we've played in the cup this season has looked quite shite tbh.  

Nesbitt was excellent I thought, ran Morrison, Yeats and Lang close to MotM. Wasn't great last week despite his goal but much improved tonight, hopefully some match sharpness returning.

Sibbald was United's best player and good to see him get a decent reception when subbed. Come on home Craig, your talents are wasted with those diddies. 

Did hospitality which was buzzing after the game. Reckon that's our best 11, even with Long's mistake. Leaves Ross and Agyeman to come off the bench against tired opposition which are great options. Hopefully gives us real belief now that we can go and get this league fucking won. COYB 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Just arrived back and a quiet one or three in Glasgow's finest…..

Thought tonight we were a noticeable notch or two above our current form. A performance up there with our best.

Yes our keeper was poor first 45 but he had a coupe of saves second half that balanced it out.

Superb attitude, application and a brilliant team effort. 
Shoot me down, but keep this level of performance, we won’t be far away.

Hamilton away…………… 

I went into this game hoping we would compete and put up a good showing without expecting us to win.

We absolutely destroyed them. Brilliant performance 

Morrison loves the telly, on a hat trick there is no way he is squaring that. 

And finally, Finn Yeats, what a boy. Amazing attitude that every one could learn from, never stops. Loved seeing him score his first goal tonight.

25 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Thoroughly deserved that tonight. Could have had 6 or 7 easily whereas United barely threatened. Every Championship side we've played in the cup this season has looked quite shite tbh.  

Nesbitt was excellent I thought, ran Morrison, Yeats and Lang close to MotM. Wasn't great last week despite his goal but much improved tonight, hopefully some match sharpness returning.

Sibbald was United's best player and good to see him get a decent reception when subbed. Come on home Craig, your talents are wasted with those diddies. 

Did hospitality which was buzzing after the game. Reckon that's our best 11, even with Long's mistake. Leaves Ross and Agyeman to come off the bench against tired opposition which are great options. Hopefully gives us real belief now that we can go and get this league fucking won. COYB 

I think Nesbitt's one of those guys who are likely to remain inconsistent, however, I think he's a valuable option and I really like the fact that he never hides, despite what some folk would have you believe. I also think that Long is the better keeper of the two and I would keep him in (although I'd play Hogarth next week).

I thought we were fantastic tonight from start to finish and I think that Finn's goal was possibly my favourite moment of the season so far. I've been willing him to score since he first came in because I don't think there's anyone else in the team who deserves it more. I was absolutely delighted for the laddie. He looked like he quite enjoyed it too!

Perversely, I wouldn't have been too upset if Utd had won because I was thinking that, we'll surely need to lose at some point and I'd rather it had been tonight than in the league, however, I'm delighted to say that I was thinking a lot of shite because it was a brilliant win against a good team and will have done our confidence the world of good!

5 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I think Nesbitt's one of those guys who are likely to remain inconsistent, however, I think he's a valuable option and I really like the fact that he never hides, despite what some folk would have you believe. I also think that Long is the better keeper of the two and I would keep him in (although I'd play Hogarth next week).

I thought we were fantastic tonight from start to finish and I think that Finn's goal was possibly my favourite moment of the season so far. I've been willing him to score since he first came in because I don't think there's anyone else in the team who deserves it more. I was absolutely delighted for the laddie. He looked like he quite enjoyed it too!

Perversely, I wouldn't have been too upset if Utd had won because I was thinking that, we'll surely need to lose at some point and I'd rather it had been tonight than in the league, however, I'm delighted to say that I was thinking a lot of shite because it was a brilliant win against a good team and will have done our confidence the world of good!

Dundee United fans say they are not bothered as it was the diddy cup. Tell Jim Goodwin that! Thats their prized unbeaten record fecked . Brilliant!

It’s been a great run to get to the semis considering we’ve had to beat championship opposition on three occasions (granted Ayr are more like a League 1 club in stature). Tonight was brilliant to watch, that intensity has been completely absent in big games for years.