The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, FFC1965 said:

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow.  

Its a chance to go 15 unbeaten in the league, hopefully with a win given our excellent home form.   That would equal the longest unbeaten run I can recall in 50 odd years watching the Bairns. I've seen enough to convince me that this season *is* different.   

I hope that Cove come to have a go,  should be a good game.    

They will either go 100mph first fifteen or sit with numbers behind the ball. Hunch that the gypsy will be happy with a point, therefore second scenario is most likely. Dont particularly dislike anyone but still sticks that the greaser when first interviewed said he didn’t apply for the job as manager - alarm bells immediately for me.

3 hours ago, FFC1965 said:

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow.  

Its a chance to go 15 unbeaten in the league, hopefully with a win given our excellent home form.   That would equal the longest unbeaten run I can recall in 50 odd years watching the Bairns. I've seen enough to convince me that this season *is* different.   

I hope that Cove come to have a go,  should be a good game.    

It's only 28 years since we went 22 + 4 = 26 league games in 93/94 into 94/95.

5 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Having played well on the telly a few times this season, if someone comes in for Morrison in January and we can't keep him I can't see us winning the league without him, if at all. Need to hold on to him at all costs, at least until the Summer.

Anyone else starting to think it's only a matter of time before it all falls apart, like it has so many times before. I keep telling myself this season is different, and it is, until now at least.  Being a Bairn our hopes have been dashed more often than not, especially in recent seasons.  Biting fingernails.  COYB.  Next couple of games will go far in deciding the season I think.

Christ sake cheer up!

12 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

We are unbeaten in the league approaching 40% of the way through the season, in the semi finals of the challenge cup and a very winnable game away from the last 16 of the Scottish whilst playing some really attractive, attacking football.

The players and coaching staff are doing their part and more so far this season.

We will inevitably lose a game at some point which doesn’t necessarily mean it’s ‘fell apart’.

When we do lose aforementioned game, we need to be mindful of how well we’ve done so far and get behind the team even more.

Well said, when we do inevitably loose a game the vast majority in general will continue to support however the minority on here (we all know who they are) will magically reappear from under a rock to try and pour petrol on the fire. Thankfully I’ve realised the pie and and bovril members bear very little resemblance to opinions you get from actual flesh and blood people on game day or in the pub there after. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Just got a text from friend that’s there’s snow in parts of Falkirk. Travelling through from Glasgow, any risk that the game will be called off ? 

Forecast is below freezing and light snow till lunchtime, then pretty much zero degrees and no snow all afternoon. Not sure if that little tractor they rake the rubber pellets with is any good at clearing snow and ice?

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Forecast is below freezing and light snow till lunchtime, then pretty much zero degrees and no snow all afternoon. Not sure if that little tractor they rake the rubber pellets with is any good at clearing snow and ice?

What about the carload of fans travelling down from Aberdeen? I think the ref will need to take them into consideration 🤔😏

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Well said, when we do inevitably loose a game the vast majority in general will continue to support however the minority on here (we all know who they are) will magically reappear from under a rock to try and pour petrol on the fire. Thankfully I’ve realised the pie and and bovril members bear very little resemblance to opinions you get from actual flesh and blood people on game day or in the pub there after. 

I see the usual red dot from you know who.  

10am inspection means it’ll be off. No chance to shift snow by then and not sure if much effort has been made tbh. 

With 2 cup comps and a postponement therell be some congestion to get through. Hope Accies are off too otherwise we’ll be sitting 2nd come 5pm and that’ll suit their style when we play them