The Falkirk FC Thread

No need to panic here or point fingers at the club, the game was called off for legitimate reasons. Hamilton got theirs on and will go two points clear of us. We have a home game in hand which going by our current form we are very capable of winning, we are also capable of going to NDP and winning. Really is time for keeping the faith and backing the team.

There was unexpected heavy snow and our game was off - f**k me what’s all the conspiracy shite for ?

We are 14 games unbeaten and not top of the league - what that does tell us, as if we didn’t already know, is that we have a very, very strong adversary in Hamilton.

Any dropped points by either team this season will likely lead to the league leadership changing hands.

Strap yourselves in lads and lassies, it’s going to be one helluva ride.

Just now, Dave McInally said:

Good explanation by Jamie. Guessing we don’t have pitch covers? 

I've no idea. I've never seen any, nor can I recall any requests for volunteers to help put them out or take them off. So' I'd guess not but I'm only guessing. 

I think these are normally associated with grass pictures rather than artificial ones. 

Just now, Bainsfordbairn said:

I've no idea. I've never seen any, nor can I recall any requests for volunteers to help put them out or take them off. So' I'd guess not but I'm only guessing. 

I think these are normally associated with grass pictures rather than artificial ones. 

Thanks BB. In all honesty I can’t think of seeing them on a plastic pitch either but wonder if it would be worth the investment or there’s a reason for not putting them on artificial surfaces.

I currently pay £30 a month to FSS but I’m going to do the sums to see if I could up it to £40 or £50. I think this may be our most important January window in a long time and every penny counts.

I would encourage all Falkirk supporting parents to not buy their little darlings Xmas presents and give the money to the club as well. Your kids might be a bit disappointed Xmas morning but will get over it, imagine the disappointment to us all if we don’t go up. They will thank you in the long run.

20 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Firstly, we spent a lot of time on the pitch yesterday preparing it for the low overnight temperatures. The forecasts did not suggest such a large amount of snow. Staff were at the ground at 8am to assess the situation, with the knowledge that our opponents were due to leave at 10.30am. Clearing the pitch fully would take approximately 4 hours, with a lot of work also required on the surroundings areas to make them safe. We already have concerns regarding the path network for supporters walking to and from the ground due to the path closures and on-going work. We could not say with a high degree of certainty before 10am that the pitch and infrastructure would be safe.We felt it was only fair to give our opponents and their travelling fans as much notice as possible.Regarding the pitch, while it is possible to clear a pitch of snow, it would be in direct violation of the pitch manufactures guidance. Given we are within our initial 12 month defects/warranty period, this would represent a significant risk.Finally, removing snow from a pitch has some negative consequences, most notably taking large quantities of rubber pellets off the main pitch to the sidelines. Having spent 6 months working on bedding the pitch in, to maximise its quality, which has helped to deliver an excellent and true playing surface, this would have set us back several months. It is difficult to return the pellets to the pitch whilst ensuing an even spread. We are of course disappointed todays game is off, however we had to take the travel of our opponents and their supporters, the safety of our supporters walking to and from the stadium and the potentially consequences on our new pitch into consideration. hope this helps answer some questions. Enjoy your day Bairns, see you next Saturday. 

Aye, that's all very well, but Hartley's18/19 army wanted to go!

4 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

Thanks BB. In all honesty I can’t think of seeing them on a plastic pitch either but wonder if it would be worth the investment or there’s a reason for not putting them on artificial surfaces.

Seems like it would be worth the investment if we can’t clear snow from the pitch as Jamie Swinney has suggested. Going to be a lot of postponed games if that’s the case.

2 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Seems like it would be worth the investment if we can’t clear snow from the pitch as Jamie Swinney has suggested. Going to be a lot of postponed games if that’s the case.

Really? I mean how often do we honestly get that level of snowfall?

Hindsight is 20:20 but surely if the pitch can't be cleared of snow in the first 12 months of its installation then the manufacturer should provide covers as part of the purchase? This is Scotland, after all, and snow at sometime during the winter is more than likely.

32 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

I remember one time before when I went to help clear the pitch and there were covers on it which made it easier to clear the snow. 

Edited by BPM Again

No idea how much covers cost, although they won't be cheap no doubt, but, if it's the case that we can't clear snow because of the guarantee, it would certainly have made sense to buy some. Maybe something that we could consider for FSS money? 

Having said all of that though, it may have been seen as a poor investment if we wouldn't need them after one winter?

27 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Pretty much any level of snowfall will result in a game being off if the pitch can’t be cleared.

Weve invested a hellava lot of cash installing a new pitch. Would have thought that the deal would include some sort of coverings. Let’s hope we don’t see to much snow.