The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Big chungus said:

... Stirling Albion will bring a fair few...

There is zero evidence that will happen. Another support who CBA attending 30 mins from their patch.

Will be lucky if they muster 150 tomorrow.

Edited by Blame Me

53 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Tbf when I said a “fair few” I meant a couple of hundred.

Eh, naw. 😋

A fair few meaning:

a fairly large number

a fair few (British English) (British English also a good few) (also quite a few British English, North American English) a fairly large number.

13 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

Think we could break the 5000 attendance mark tomorrow

Depends what Stirling bring but based on what's been sold already I reckon 4.6-4.7k home fans. Can't see Stirling bringing more than 200 unfortunately 

15 hours ago, GunnerBairn said:

I can see both sides of the argument, where we get a wee refresh of the squad with the names mentioned. At the same time, I can also see McGlynn doing minimal and using what we have as cover for injuries and suspensions, barring maybe a loan or two in the door.

McGlynn performed miracles last January imo. Obviously he had to do more than he would have liked with the unexpected losses of Alegria and Hogarth and then Meekison. And last season we were chasing top spot so really had to try and improve, whereas this year we are the chase-ees. I'd be happy if he can again shift on the worst players in the squad (I'm looking at you Brad McKay) and replace with someone who can contribute more it will be a job well done. Extending Ross' loan and getting Shanley in look good pieces of business to me. Can't see him managing to sign anyone of sufficient quality to break straight into the starting 11 but you never know. 

20231230_085434.thumb.jpg.de56a8e85543f9e2cabe48a5b0c817dc.jpg20231230_085409.thumb.jpg.21d7b9d1063a253f7d82d02272ef8db5.jpg

As said we've probably got the strongest first 11, since we’ve dropped down to the third tier.  I’m sure McGlynn would like to strengthen - for me it’s a GK & CF. However bringing in better at this window is not always possible. With quite a few players out contract come May, let’s hope with this oncoming transfer window, we don’t have many signing elsewhere. 

3 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Good thing it's Stirling Albion and not Cove Rangers we're playing, otherwise I'd be a tad concerned about the game going ahead.

Looking at the sky its not going off any time soon albeit its supposed to turn to rain later

I didn't check the weather yesterday, knew it was going to be cold but was this forecast? It seems to have come completely out the blue. Driving conditions are really poor

2 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I didn't check the weather yesterday, knew it was going to be cold but was this forecast? It seems to have come completely out the blue. Driving conditions are really poor

Forecast was sleet for a couple of hours in the morning, then turning to rain. This has taken everyone by surprise I think and the conditions in getting to the ground will be bad because there's been a heavy frost overnight.

Current forecast is for it to turn to rain by one. 

In theory two hours of rain should clear the pitch. The question is how long do the club give it before making a decision? Because any late call-off will lead to the inevitable barrage of criticism. 

I guess the best option is to wait for the ref to turn up and then it's up to him. 

Picture1.jpg