The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I remember previous club management getting dogs abuse for putting a bit in the pre match announcements regarding clearing up litter, when it comes to minutia like that it needs to be kept relaxed. Get the important decisions right and let the fans (the owners) self police themselves with this stuff! It’s not a dictatorship! (Also I totally agree it’s a sign of well things are going both on and of the park when stuff like this becomes an actual topic! )

The club is fan owned. Success on the pitch shouldn’t mean we stop striving for trying to improve everywhere possible. 

14 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

The club is fan owned. Success on the pitch shouldn’t mean we stop striving for trying to improve everywhere possible. 

Sometimes the best approach to that is to be subtle, most fans don’t respond well to being dictated to especially when they own the club. If the big decisions are mode correctly I’d trust the Falkirk support to police themselves (and that’s not an argument against putting out a few extra bins in the south stand which obviously is not a bad idea! it’s just an observation on how people react to situations and to how they are communicated to) However it’s most definitely a good sign an issue has been made of it on here as it clearly shows how well things are going elsewhere within the club if this is now a bone of contention. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

8 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Sometimes the best approach to that is to be subtle, most fans don’t respond well to being dictated to especially when they own the club. If the big decisions are mode correctly I’d trust the Falkirk support to police themselves (and that’s not an argument against putting out a few extra bins in the south stand which obviously is not a bad idea it’s just an observation on how people react to situations and to how they are communicated to)

Are you talking about what is said on here or about previous tannoy announcements? 

Just now, Dave McInally said:

Are you talking about what is said on here or about previous tannoy announcements? 

More the reaction to previous tanoy announcements, anybody with half a brain would pay attention to that when communicating with paying customers who also partly own the club. 

Surely if the fans tidy up after themselves, putting their rubbish into receptacles provided, then the club wouldn't need to employ so many cleaners etc. and more cash could be directed towards the playing staff? Win win.

All this talk of the fans (the owners) making a mess of their own stadium reminds me of Jimmy Carr on QI talking about wife beating and keying your own car! We have a really nice, modern stadium, the envy of many, take care of it please.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

I was convinced Morrison was going to be leaving us but the way he left the field after the last game has made we wonder - surely he would have made more of a fuss if that was his last appearance for us? I guess it is wait and see. If he does go then let's hope it is for good money - we cannot begrudge him a chance elsewhere.

Think the fact he’s not gone on 1 January means the Hamilton meeting rumour was probably bollocks and a desperate attempt to calm their fans. Funny. He might still go but less likely now imo 

How much is promotion worth to us this season? Probably the clubs existence as a full time team. 

How much are we going to get for Morrison this transfer window? 50k? 100k?

Id let him walk for free in summer. It's obviously not that straight forward and other factors will play into it.

i can't imagine most teams would be willing to chuck money at a player they could get for free in 6 months too. 

42 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

I was convinced Morrison was going to be leaving us but the way he left the field after the last game has made we wonder - surely he would have made more of a fuss if that was his last appearance for us? I guess it is wait and see. If he does go then let's hope it is for good money - we cannot begrudge him a chance elsewhere.

No chance we get good money for a player who is out of contract in 6 months

https://youtu.be/9E013uR8YqI?si=wnK0CQ-HiFETEud9

This is a great watch btw. All we ever hear about is how terrible artificial pitches are so it's nice to hear the other side of the argument.

Just curious - has anyone played on the current pitch at TFS? How does it compare to the old one? The pitches at Killie and Livi ARE dreadful but I think ours looks good? Seen some great football played on it.

None of us know if Cal will be offered a PCA or, if he is, the new club would be prepared to pay a fee to get him earlier.  I don't think it's as black and white as saying "Nah!" if it isn't a huge sum.  Only JMcG will have the full picture around likely impact on Cal's motivation (which I'd never doubt to be fair), or whether even say £50k would make a major difference to the squad now, including to extend contracts, and who would be available, even if it was a decent pot of cash.  The same might go for several other players out of contract this year.