The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Hampden Roar said:

Watching the post match interview, i dunno about the rest but I felt the reason for dropping NH was a bit wishy washy, it smells a bit of contractual obligations and we have to play him.

I get where you're coming from but I think McGlynn views Long as the no 1.  I don't think you bring a keeper up on loan from a L2 side in England to sit on the bench. 

Long started the season in goal then Hogarth took over when Long got injured. Now Long is back in despite Hogarth keeping two clean sheets back to back

Edited by FK1Bairn

15 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

I get where you're coming from but I think McGlynn views Long as the no 1.  I don't think you bring a keeper up on loan from a L2 side in England to sit on the bench. 

Long started the season in goal then Hogarth took over when Long got injured. Now Long is back in despite Hogarth keeping two clean sheets back to back

I’m quite pleased with the change tbh.
Both keepers are less than perfect, but Hogarth's performance at Hamilton was terrifying at times, and his confidence looked shot after the mistake. He could be a good keeper but I think it’s time to give Long another run in the side…..

47 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I’m quite pleased with the change tbh.
Both keepers are less than perfect, but Hogarth's performance at Hamilton was terrifying at times, and his confidence looked shot after the mistake. He could be a good keeper but I think it’s time to give Long another run in the side…..

Was very good against Stirling though, his save from the corner an absolute belter. Strikes me as a contract thing too. 

2 hours ago, Hampden Roar said:

Watching the post match interview, i dunno about the rest but I felt the reason for dropping NH was a bit wishy washy, it smells a bit of contractual obligations and we have to play him.

That would have made sense if it wasn't for the fact that Hogarth isn't on loan. 

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

As posted, fairly certain that it’s a contractual condition that Long starts a number of games, if not it’s a bit of a strange reply about the GK situation.

I am fairly certain you are talking shite. As others have said McGlynn prefers Long. As, I would suggest, do most of the fanbase. 

Don’t think it’s fair on Nicky tbf. Yes he’s had his moments but so has long (Partick away, DU home etc). Both are good keepers but Nicky had the gloves. I prefer Nicky’s height if I’m honest too. Not a great approach to be changing keepers frequently either. 

I genuinely like both goalies. I don't think there's much between the two of them. I'd probably go with Nicky just because he's our goalie. He pulled off two great saves last week.

If the rest of the league turn up and play like Queens did yesterday we can play Brad McKay in goals for the rest of the season. 

8 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Enjoy this season. This is the one we'll be telling our kids about. 

I know it is in League One but some of our attacking play has been very exciting to watch. That is what Falkirk Fans have wanted to see for years. And the defence with Big Tam is pleasant on the eye