The Falkirk FC Thread

A really great performance, professional and ruthless! 4-0 and should have been more. The start was a bit slow, maybe a hangover from the weekend game and I thought maybe big Tam Lang looked a bit tired. Glad Morrison knocked in the first to set us on our way, and the confidence grew from there. 2nd half we were ruthless and wiped the floor with them. Pass marks for every player, and each one of them a threat to their opposition. Hendo pops up for a well deserved goal, Morrison lasers his 2nd from an angle and super sub Oliver drilled a beauty after an excellent reverse from Yeats. Hartley had that coming to him and long overdue. Really buzzing now and the league is surely ours to lose, 11 pts ahead of Accies. I can see some rotation for Edinburgh this weekend to keep things fresh. Happy 25th indeed! 👏🏻

Edited by GunnerBairn

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

Shanley appears to be a good option for rotating maciver for Saturday if he’s even close to being a risk. Great link up play and when he gets a chance I fancy him to grab a few goals.

Hope MacIver’s injury isn’t too bad, he’s been crucial for us up top and a work horse. Shanley should be an able deputy upfront. I can see why McGlynn signed him as cover, since it wouldn’t disrupt our style of play using a like for like striker. Shanley looks physically bigger too and looks useful for sure.

Edited by GunnerBairn

3 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

Hope MacIver’s injury isn’t too bad, he’s been crucial for us up top and a work horse. Shanley should be an able deputy upfront. I can see why McGlynn signed him as cover, since it wouldn’t disrupt our style of play using a like for liked  striker. Shanley looks physically bigger too and looks useful for sure.

Ross never went up the tunnel when we went off and sat in the dugout so can’t imagine it was too bad but here’s hoping it’s just a knock.

It would be a blow to lose McIver for sure but I thought shanly did well when he came on.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him start against Edinburgh and maybe even bonnyrigg if McIver needs a rest now is the time to do it and not risk him.

Sobering thought for anybody getting carried away.

IF we had lost at Hamilton instead of winning we would now have 49 points, Accies would have 44 points and would have a game in hand. And we still have to play each other twice.

Fine margins.

3 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

IF we had lost at Hamilton instead of winning we would now have 49 points, Accies would have 44 points and would have a game in hand. And we still have to play each other twice.

Fine margins.

If yer Auntie had baws…

2 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Fine margins.

Yes very fine margins we still would be top and it still would be in our own hands. 

Thought we controlled the game with ease, and our GK had very little to do. Great overall performances by all, but would give additional praise to McCann Yeats Nisbett & MacIvor. As soon as Shanely was brought on, Allen went down tunnel, maybe nothing but timing was odd. CR we’re a footprint that we’re gonna face till end of season, 11 men behind the ball with absolutely no appetite to have a go. The changes/players we now have across the full squad are the best in five years. Shudder when I think about all the carnage we’ve endured with so many experimental coaches DOFs & players not fit to be anywhere near our club. If we can Keep the majority of players free from any serious injuries, we won’t be far away.

4400 fans on a Baltic early January midweek fixture,…………absolutely first class

3 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Fine margins.

Please refer to my post from yesterday...

I don't think anyone should get carried away but talking about a scenario that didn't happen in the midst of a 25 game unbeaten run just after you've beaten a - distant - rival 4-0 is an odd choice.

3 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Fine margins.

If my granny had wheels she would be a bike. 

10 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Please refer to my post from yesterday...

I don't think anyone should get carried away but talking about a scenario that didn't happen in the midst of a 25 game unbeaten run just after you've beaten a - distant - rival 4-0 is an odd choice.

Yeah, there’s keeping your feet firmly on the ground….then there’s this.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

Enjoyed that, first live game in ages (really need to arrange work trips around fixtures). Great team/squad performance. Heard a few saying not Miller’s best game, if the case wouldn’t mind seeing him when he’s on it. I thought McCann was outstanding. Brought some Motherwell fans, they normally come with me, they couldn’t believe the difference from previous seasons, just good football to watch, with a squad giving it everything. Competition just to get on the bench!!

4 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Fine margins.

Get a grip man!

We didn’t lose at Hamilton we handed them their arses on their own midden.

We would have to have an extended run of unrealistically bad results for Hamilton to have any hope of overtaking us.

Not going to happen and never was.

32 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

f**k this pish.

I’ve been going since 1978 and the last few seasons have been the lowest I’ve probably felt as a Falkirk Bairn.

We just beat Cove and the greasy, little w****r 4-0 and are 11 points clear of a pretty good Hamilton side.

We’ve a very winnable semi final coming up as well as a very winnable Scottish cup tie.

I’m getting carried away and I’m making no apologies for it.

Come off it, this is surely just front. We’re in the third tier for goodness sake, a pretty weak one at that. It’s enjoyable but carried away, time to set your bar a bit higher imo.