The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Who do we play up front on Saturday if McIver isn’t fit. For me it has to be Oliver as Shanley is cup tied and Allan can’t play the lone striker. Enough goals in Morrison, Miller, Nesbitt etc to get us through. Back to our normal formation and get things done.  If anyone is touch and go injury wise then rest them and get our regular 11 fit  for Alloa as that is the more important game for me.

Agreed, Oliver is the most suited to playing that role and has taken his chances to force himself back into the side with his recent performances. Also shows other fringe players if they knuckle down and make an impact in the minutes they do get opportunities will come along to get back into the side. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Just now, Captain Chugwash said:

Did Alloa provide you adequate training? And where did they get the money to do so?

Absolutely not spent years learning how to do it. What they did leave me originally with a camera, a wage and a free reign.

Nowadays I own all my equipment barring the camera body and the headsets that the club provided.

6 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Who do we play up front on Saturday if McIver isn’t fit. For me it has to be Oliver as Shanley is cup tied and Allan can’t play the lone striker. Enough goals in Morrison, Miller, Nesbitt etc to get us through. Back to our normal formation and get things done.  If anyone is touch and go injury wise then rest them and get our regular 11 fit  for Alloa as that is the more important game for me.

I’d agree.  Shanley looks like a more natural McIver replacement but if he’s not about it should be Oliver.

1 minute ago, LeodhasXD said:

Absolutely not spent years learning how to do it. What they did leave me originally with a camera, a wage and a free reign.

Nowadays I own all my equipment barring the camera body and the headsets that the club provided.

Maybe Alloa should offer adequate training in professionalism and people skills. Given that most clubs at this level don’t have the funds to train media staff, I reckon the fact you’re aiming criticism at Falkirk and it’s volunteers is purely because you don’t like them. 

I have some sympathy for @LeodhasXD here. He was asked to comment, did so and folk didn't take too kindly to his view - as they say, don't shoot the messenger just because you don't like the message.

I'll also add that there is a massive variance in what clubs big and small are doing with - seemingly - vast or small resources. We're now back to the age old argument of whether a paid service should solely be staffed by volunteers and any criticism is frowned upon regardless of the perceived quality.

When the topic was mentioned it was obvious it was going to pan out the way it has.

8 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

I have some sympathy for @LeodhasXD here. He was asked to comment, did so and folk didn't take too kindly to his view - as they say, don't shoot the messenger just because you don't like the message.

I'll also add that there is a massive variance in what clubs big and small are doing with - seemingly - vast or small resources. We're now back to the age old argument of whether a paid service should solely be staffed by volunteers and any criticism is frowned upon regardless of the perceived quality.

When the topic was mentioned it was obvious it was going to pan out the way it has.

There was a way to answer the question. He was given the professional respect and asked as an expert if the issue was due to camera or the stream. He could have explained factually without slating the standard of the volunteers, the platform and without being rude all while explaining why he is so much better than everyone else. Arrogance and rudeness is what got him here. It was his choice to not provide that professional courtesy and he has been rightly slated for it. 

13 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

I must be getting old because twice I've typed out responses and turned the page on p&b to see a response and lost what I was typing before... It's fine I'm big enough and ugly enough to live and die on my own opinions. Bit boring to keep it to yourself. 

@Captain ChugwashI've not got anything against your volunteers. You can ask them about our interactions this season if you want. They won't tell you I was unprofessional. I even contributed to helping you get your stream on because your dongle was acting up with my own stuff.  They may have had issues in the past because they set their cameras up in places that blocked others view or were a safety risk in a gangway but it's relatively smooth nowadays as far as I'm aware. We just don't have video facilities from a stand that was built before the real takeoff of broadcasting. It's on my list of things to do when I get a spare million or so.

The real issue I always have had is this shield behind the volunteer made - criticism is immoral. If you want to market the game in Scotland beyond a media that are obsessed with two clubs you need to employ someone to do it and use your money as efficiently as possible to get the best possible product. Apparently the status quo of that line is volunteers. This is not unique to Falkirk and is endemic in Scottish football. St Johnstone were here early on in the season and everyone I spoke to was a volunteer.

Edited by LeodhasXD

1 minute ago, Jimmy1876 said:

There was a way to answer the question. He was given the professional respect and asked as an expert if the issue was due to camera or the stream. He could have explained factually without slating the standard of the volunteers, the platform and without being rude all while explaining why he is so much better than everyone else. Arrogance and rudeness is what got him here. It was his choice to not provide that professional courtesy and he has been rightly slated for it. 

Perhaps it was just I but I honestly didn't expect anything less! I've possibly been on here too long 😮‍💨

Have to say I'm quite happy with Leodhas telling us how we should be doing FalkirkTV, as Alloa's is a superior product. Even Edinburgh City, probably the most tin-pot club in the SPFL have a better picture quality. I think we all appreciate the work the volunteers do, but it's clear things could be improved a lot with a little bit of technical know-how 

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Back to our usual strongest formation and team with Oliver in for MacIver being the only change for me.

Leo absolutely hates the Bairns, but to my mind he's never been anything other than honest and factual in his (excruatingly nerdy) musings re football streaming, and pretty forthcoming and knowledgeable with the technical side. 

It's certainly one of the stranger battlegrounds for a multi club forum.... 

Let's just hope in a couple of weeks time he's on here critiquing the stream quality of a 6 goal hiding for his team 👍

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Leo absolutely hates the Bairns, but to my mind he's never been anything other than honest and factual in his (excruatingly nerdy) musings re football streaming, and pretty forthcoming and knowledgeable with the technical side. 

It's certainly one of the stranger battlegrounds for a multi club forum.... 

Let's just hope in a couple of weeks time he's on here critiquing the stream quality of a 6 goal hiding for his team 👍

Careful now Andy Graham's Alloa 5 unbeaten in the league and 6 in all competitions we'll be on 26 unbeaten any day now 😂

Highlights are not produced by a volunteer, they are produced by one of our paid media officers.

I believe the highlights are so poor as they take the lazy option and edit from a copy of the stream so the repays are already made for them. Other clubs such as Edinburgh and Alloa produce a far higher quality product as they take their footage straight from the camera for highlights and take a bit of pride in it.

Goes without saying rubbish in = rubbish out.