The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I don't think anyone is ITK to what his wages actually are but knowing that c**t Holt they must have been decent enough to chuck a three year deal at him from Inverness to ensure he signed for us. 

Not necessarily. If we couldn't offer big money to tempt someone to join, then the next best option is to offer him a longer deal on the same wages he would get elsewhere. 

41 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Personally I’d just be sticking Mackie at centre half if Lang or Donaldson are out. I certainly wouldn’t be looking to make 3 unnecessary changes to a winning team.

I think this is what McGlynn will do. 

2 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Not necessarily. If we couldn't offer big money to tempt someone to join, then the next best option is to offer him a longer deal on the same wages he would get elsewhere. 

It’s fucking Gary Holt. It would probably have been both. 

20 hours ago, Raybowski89 said:

Always good to get an outside perspective on things. I don't know much about wage structures etc but I'm assuming then that we were able to offer Calvin a better deal than Morton? Or was he not offered a deal?

My Morton-supporting mate also said that Falkirk have an impressive support home and away. He most certainly was not talking pish when he said that! 

Credit to your lot btw. Things were looking incredibly bleak for Imrie earlier in the season but that's one hell of a turnaround. Please kick on from here and pip Dunfermline to the play-offs. 

I think we offered 1 year, you offered 2.

He had apparently agreed to sign for us. I'm sure our local rag reported it but his agent changed goalposts last minute and understandable if he got a better deal with you.

I had no doubts he'd be very good in league 1.

37 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Total change of topic.

In 1983 I was lucky enough to be named mascot for a game v Clydebank. We've just been going through some of my late dad's slides, and found a few from that day (and from a previous visit when I met the players at training).

Ignore young me, but hopefully the shots trigger a few Brockville memories.

The players were all brilliant with me, I've got others with George Watson, Brian Brown etc.

In this shot I think the players are Wilson Hoggan, Alan Oliver, Billy Stevenson, Gary Thompson, Alan Mackin, Ally Love (?) and wee Bobby McCulley.

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-19 at 20.19.02_1f0a0f33.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-19 at 20.19.03_ba2a1a52.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-19 at 20.19.03_d7ab5daa.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-19 at 20.19.02_8e260e51.jpg

Game Aff signs from PP Clyde game in the February (so the team trained on the pitch instead 😄 )

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-19 at 20.19.02_b6cfc7fd.jpg

Brilliant!!

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Total change of topic.

In 1983 I was lucky enough to be named mascot for a game v Clydebank. We've just been going through some of my late dad's slides, and found a few from that day (and from a previous visit when I met the players at training).

The players were all brilliant with me, I've got others with George Watson, Brian Brown etc.

In this shot I think the players are Wilson Hoggan, Alan Oliver, Billy Stevenson, Gary Thompson, Alan Mackin, Ally Love (?) and wee Bobby McCulley.

Game Aff signs from PP Clyde game in the February (so the team trained on the pitch instead 😄 )

Brilliant memories 👏🏻

Edited by RC55 FFC

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Total change of topic.

These are fantastic mate! Thank you.

Definitely Hoggan, Stevenson, Thompson, Mackin and McCulley. I think you're right with Oliver and I recognise the other guy, so could well be Ally Love. Tell you something though, the guy behind Hoggie has some head of hair!!

I think it's big Bomber standing at the tunnel too, and £1.30 to get in? changed days indeed!

31 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

These are fantastic mate! Thank you.

Definitely Hoggan, Stevenson, Thompson, Mackin and McCulley. I think you're right with Oliver and I recognise the other guy, so could well be Ally Love. Tell you something though, the guy behind Hoggie has some head of hair!!

I think it's big Bomber standing at the tunnel too, and £1.30 to get in? changed days indeed!

image.png.1a112cf868017e5d7039ab6737eff72f.png

Definitely Bomber in this one with Geordie Watson!

3 hours ago, Raybowski89 said:

Any spares going for tomorrow? Thought all week I'd be working tomorrow but managed to get the day off. 

Best bet is to get a home ticket and go incognito, I know some who have. That’s if Bonnyrigg are selling any tomorrow, so maybe phone ahead.

11 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

Best bet is to get a home ticket and go incognito, I know some who have. That’s if Bonnyrigg are selling any tomorrow, so maybe phone ahead.

Ach, I don't really fancy that much, tbh. I'd want to be in amongst the other Bairns like. Might just have to watch it on FTV in "France". Bonjour!

1 minute ago, BPM Again said:

Anyone up to tell me the state of the ground? Softened up? Got a train to catch😂

I'm not being funny but you're good enough to sponsor Falkirk TV, do you not have a contact number there that you could call for an update? It's coming up to 7.00am back home, surely somebody is up and about?

7 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I'm not being funny but you're good enough to sponsor Falkirk TV, do you not have a contact number there that you could call for an update? It's coming up to 7.00am back home, surely somebody is up and about?

I have but if it was still concrete I could stop in my bed  😂

Edited by BPM Again

1 hour ago, BPM Again said:

Anyone up to tell me the state of the ground? Softened up? Got a train to catch😂

Been pissing down all night and it’s currently 5degrees. My toilets have all defrosted ( and they are effectively outside given the lack of insulation in that part of the building). My guess is it will be on but it’s a guess. Very high winds expected though.