The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Someone yesterday said it was a cliche that a bad pitch was great leveler - today disproved that. Our wingers couldn't play the ball or use their pace and ball control to get round them and we were forced to play a long ball game (once we wised up after 15 mins). I also think that that pitch suits the hammer throwers that Bonnyrigg are composed of. if that had beern at teh Falkirk Stadium we would hammer them. Oh well.

🤣

I can understand Dunfermline fans laughing at us on here but the minks from Greenock is more of a mystery. It is like they are trying to create a rivalry that doesn't exist as we don't care about their grotty wee club. I suppose they should make most of it before the clubs return to their normal positions in the leagues.

Just now, Higgenarse said:

I can understand Dunfermline fans laughing at us on here but the minks from Greenock is more of a mystery. It is like they are trying to create a rivalry that doesn't exist as we don't care about their grotty wee club. I suppose they should make most of it before the clubs return to their normal positions in the leagues.

They're lucky if they scrape 1,000 attendance most weeks. More interested in watching Celtic.

27 minutes ago, Higgenarse said:

At least you're not bothered though eh? 

28 minutes ago, Higgenarse said:

Don’t know why, but when I think of Morton I always associated them with “The Orphans” gang from The Warriors. Showing my age though. 

35 minutes ago, StuartA said:

Let’s wrap this talk of “pressure.” Pressure was when we were 5pts behind Accies and worried. This is a wobble, it doesn’t yet even constitute a poor run of form. 

We shouldn’t talk pressure onto ourselves, that’s cowardice. We have a team who we know can blast any other in the division, because they have done.  We just need to give ourselves a shake and realise it’s far from won yet. 

Sudden outbreak of common sense amongst the very premature pant wetting.

That said the management need to up their game this week.

34 minutes ago, Higgenarse said:

^^^ sobbing uncontrollably 

Enjoy your night mate.

FPSo5m9XMAgRYFE.jpg.0e233b06bca3e910ff073eb5bcf5c1fa.jpg

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

Enjoy your night mate.

You lot love that picture since it's the only thing remotely interesting or successful about Greenock Morton football club.

Edited by Blame Me

59 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

I spoke with the Bonnyrigg scout during the week quite a bit as I work beside him. He was at our game against Edinburgh and he said that they were going to target Long all game because in his words “he’s not tall enough or commanding enough”. He saw that in one game. He also said they were going to target set pieces and you can’t play on their grass. We knew this would be the case.

Another two goals for set pieces, Long comes for the first and gets no where near it and it’s in. Second one finishes with the boy a yard or so away from Long and he puts it past him. He’s got to be so much braver and sharper and come and punch that ball. It’s confirmed what I said weeks ago, Hogarth is the better keeper by some distance. 

The pitch is as bad as I’ve ever saw. My U18’s team I coach played on a better grass pitch this morning in the middle of a council estate. It totally evens the game up. We aren’t hammer throwers. We don’t play for set pieces. We play football and unfortunately we couldn’t do that today. We can’t make ourselves more physical or whatever have you , you either are or aren’t.

I don’t think any team deserved to win that. Second half they did nothing until the 90 odd minute. We had some decent chances, Donaldson in particular second half. Morrison with his 1v1 miss too was a massive chance.

Pressure is firmly now on us next week because of McGlynn last week IMO. We can’t go three without a win or Hamilton will be licking their lips.  

Hamilton will drop points between now and the end of the season. We just need to match their results and it's done. Easily said ofcourse but Rankin will sabotage them if you believe their support. We have hit a bump in the road that ultimately has left us undefeated in the league and dropped 2 points and out a cup that we now aren't distracted with. f**k Hamilton, that pish they put out about signing our players I hope has been pinned to the dressing room wall for shits n giggles. 

4 minutes ago, Higgenarse said:

Comedy gold

You know I just took a look at who’s reading this thread just now and there are about 5 Morton posters alone.

its really nice to know after all these years we’ve really got under their skin …….😀

32 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

f**k Hamilton, that pish they put out about signing our players I hope has been pinned to the dressing room wall for shits n giggles. 

0 defeats all season, yet you've lost 100% of the games you've played since the story broke.

Just saying...

Edited by Todd_is_God

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

Back to back honking results. Maybe it's not all over just yet...

Thing is, no one on this thread thinks it’s over. We have too much bad recent history. Most of that chat is coming from posters of other teams.

Its definitely not over by a long shot….

Not overly worried by today (or even last week) yet. Both games we’ve lost out on set pieces and there’s reasons for the dip in performance in each. I’d start to panic if it continues in to Alloa and TNS but I expect we’ll be back to our game next week with our regular team and a decent surface. McGlynn probably has a bit of work to do on lifting morale of the bench players though after the past week.

Hamilton’s game being off today was a plus for us as it doesn’t let them put pressure on this week.