The Falkirk FC Thread

That's the 26 game unbeaten league and cup run ended. However we're still 21 unbeaten in the league this season (how many was it end of last season, if any to add to that 21?). Does anyone know what our unbeaten record run in the league is? 

Would be great to keep this going which would obviously have the secondary effect of getting us out of this league for once and for all.

1 hour ago, badgerthewitness said:

I think it would be a good idea to keep McGinn, with his coaching ambitions, on our books for the time being. Just in case February doesn't go so well, it would be a decent insurance policy.

Just saying.

Just saying what? Sorry, but that's utterly wild. I have never been McGlynn's biggest fan - and even now, on the back of last season's finish and some of what has occured over the past week, there are still one or two lingering doubts - but there is not the slightest chance on earth that he won't be in charge for the remainder of this season, and every possibility of beyond. If that is what you are suggesting?

McGinn has been a very, very decent player but injuries have seemingly caught up with him. To have one of your highest earners basically contributing nothing where it ultimately counts - on the pitch - in such a crucial season is not a great situation at all and he's one I'd quite like to now see moving on if feasible.

Edited by AGPar

You lot have a very talented player in Tait, for some reason it’s not worked out for him since he left and most of his loan spells every fanbase seemed to be happy to see the back of him…. But if there’s one person that will get the best of him it’s McGlynn 

Edited by RRFC_Liam

18 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

You lot have a very talented player in Tait, for some reason it’s not worked out for him since he left and most of his loan spells every fanbase seemed to be happy to see the back of him…. But if there’s one person that will get the best of him it’s McGlynn 

👍

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

How the feck can any pro club live off 40 season ticket holders.  Mental.

And coming within seconds of beating the league leaders last weekend. It is indeed mental, and unsustainable. 

I don't suppose anyone has experience of hiring the stadium for a small meeting room and how much it is likely to cost? I'm looking at about 8 people, preferably on a Sunday morning over the next few weeks.

4 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I don't suppose anyone has experience of hiring the stadium for a small meeting room and how much it is likely to cost? I'm looking at about 8 people, preferably on a Sunday morning over the next few weeks.

No experience but this might help:

Falkirk Stadium,Meeting Rooms,Meeting Room Hire,Catering & Hospitality

2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Felt Jamie Macdonald would have been a good fit when available in the Summer.

I thought when he left Raith he was a certainty to join us given McGlynn's penchant for signing former players, and we needed a keeper. Not that I thought he was a world beater first time around but I don't think he'd have conceded some of the goals that the Long/Hogarth combo have. Although Long was good pre injury to be fair to him. 

Just now, ebobsboy said:

I thought when he left Raith he was a certainty to join us given McGlynn's penchant for signing former players, and we needed a keeper. Not that I thought he was a world beater first time around but I don't think he'd have conceded some of the goals that the Long/Hogarth combo have. Although Long was good pre injury to be fair to him. 

Whenever I've seen Morton playing on TV McDonald looked poor. Last I checked he's not even getting a game for Morton

56 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

If McGlynn thought Tait’s attitude was that bad he wouldn’t have signed him considering he’s worked with him. I have no issues with this at all. I would however have liked another CB incase Donaldson or Lang get injured/suspended/ill. 

The only issue with that is we let go someone who wasn't happy sitting on the bench albeit not the greatest centre half. Anyone coming in will need to be better than McKay (not that it would be too difficult) but be happy sitting on the bench. Any experienced defender probably doesn't want to do that so then your looking at a young centre back. Does he play before Mackie? I'll caveat that by saying we do need a centre half but more so if anything happens to McCann as Mackie is deputy there. 

1 hour ago, Tea and Busquets said:

If McGlynn thought Tait’s attitude was that bad he wouldn’t have signed him considering he’s worked with him. I have no issues with this at all. I would however have liked another CB incase Donaldson or Lang get injured/suspended/ill. 

Bear in mind that Hendo can slot in and do a job there, and Tait can play CM in his absence.

Got to disagree about Hendo, having witnessed how bad he was at centre half last season and even Edinburgh last week. He’s just not a centre half, he’s too light and gets knocked about. He’s much better in the middle. Mackie should be sufficient however he looks miles off being fit enough to play 

5 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I can't really remember the type of Tait is. Box to box or neat and tidy? 

Sounds like he’s similar to Nesbit in that he can play both deeper or wide/in behind a striker. McGlynn does seem to like these players that can play in different positions. Not sure where the boys best position actually is however. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.