The Falkirk FC Thread

I'd happily wait until Sunday morning for better quality and that would probably encourage more people to buy the full match replay too. Although I guess it's the same issue, the media staff might prefer to take time out of their Saturday night rather than Sunday morning and have the full day off which I can't criticise.

58 minutes ago, Captain Chugwash said:

The media staff are not paid for matchdays, which can sometimes be 12 hour days for them.

The working practices here are mind boggling 🤯.

Genuinely making no judgement as this might be standard practice everywhere but an observation I'd have is the match day seems to be the bulk of intensive, time-sensitive work and theoretically where the most ROI is - stream, audio and replays - so why wouldn't you A) pay commensurate to recognise that B) put the most time and expertise into that "product".

2 hours ago, SouthStandBairn said:

I was responsible for highlights for many years until the end of 2020/21, the ones below were from the same camera that is still used today (the one that you recommend ahead of the Covid season) and I recorded and edited in 4k. 

The quality is night and day to what they are producing now, the only reason I can presume is that they are editing from a copy of the live stream rather than by taking a recording directly from the camera - presumably to save time as replays will already be made for them.

Personally I would rather they spent an extra hour editing to get that quality or the quality @LeodhasXD produces for Alloa now as they are miles ahead of ours.

I did get my hopes up when I saw  “high quality highlights” mentioned but sadly no change.

I’ve been editing back old clips and have noticed that. 

The biggest concern for me is archive material. I’m hoping that the raw footage for past couple of seasons is still available in 4K. If not then this issue needs addressed asap. If this season ends as we hope it will then it will be a bit galling if all that is available are the poor picture quality highlights on YouTube. 

1 hour ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Editing takes time: a rule of thumb I was taught when doing the edits for the Millennium Dinner films was one minute of image takes an hour to edit if done properly although highlights are slightly different from a full edit with music etc. I am never going to slag off a volunteer but a bit of investment would improve things and less expectation of early uploads. We don't really need 5 replays of the same goal - which shows it's being taken from the camera and the live stream. Paying someone to do a good job would be c. £50 - I know we are strapped for cash but that is surely findable.

As for yesterday that has confirmed in my mind that we may never have to return to some of these awful grounds (Meadowbank is a given now that the points deduction has doomed Edinburgh City) and I am glad for it. I'm sure planning for next year has already started. 

Tait was very good when he came on - it's a shame he will struggle to get a start but how it goes. The kid has confidence and I bet McGlynn can get the very best out of him. Is he out of contract at Hibs this year? 

Finally I would bet Hogarth back in goals next week for the cup game but Long really made some good saves early on when Alloa were trying before we broke their spirit. This year has been some of the very best football I've seen us play in the 50+ years I've been watching us. 

If you have the full match and someone has taken notes for key moments then editing it really shouldn’t take much more than 30 minutes, once the footage has been downloaded. 

Not sure the issue but will contact the club and see if I might be able to help(if required). Maybe @SouthStandBairn could help too?

1 hour ago, Captain Chugwash said:

The media staff are not paid for matchdays, which can sometimes be 12 hour days for them.

If that’s true then I’d be really disappointed. The guys do a lot of work on match days and are critical to the operation. For all the extra money we’re bringing in we should be looking after our own, first and foremost(if true they don’t get paid for matchdays).

Just sobered up! What a difference a performance like that makes in dealing with hangover Sundays! This team and manager just keeps putting the haters back in they’re box, what a statement win that was yesterday after our “wobble” and although I’ve not been wanting to tempt fait this team actually does look like it has the balls to finish the job, love it! 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

54 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

If you have the full match and someone has taken notes for key moments then editing it really shouldn’t take much more than 30 minutes, once the footage has been downloaded. 

Not sure the issue but will contact the club and see if I might be able to help(if required). Maybe @SouthStandBairn could help too?

To be fair I used to spend a couple of hours on them but always took a bit of pride in doing a good job. That said I  still normally had them edited, uploaded and scheduled for publishing by 9pm.

Happy to help, however you’d presume BPM’s review must have highlighted most these issues.

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

The working practices here are mind boggling 🤯.

Genuinely making no judgement as this might be standard practice everywhere but an observation I'd have is the match day seems to be the bulk of intensive, time-sensitive work and theoretically where the most ROI is - stream, audio and replays - so why wouldn't you A) pay commensurate to recognise that B) put the most time and expertise into that "product".

Also finding that extraordinary. Back to the 90s where a group of old fellas used to manage ticket sales for big games themselves we have always treated volunteers appallingly. Even when times were good financially for us.

Nerves, frustration in the team and stadium. The fact that every game is must win is getting to them. They are where we were in the past.

The improved atmosphere in the team and in the stands has made a huge difference to us this season. 

Cheering and singing instead of bawling and shouting, so much better for the fans and players.

https://twitter.com/theacciesfc/status/1751300761164697788?t=VH2hgXXz3EsbxzNV17KtpQ&s=19

31 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Nerves, frustration in the team and stadium. The fact that every game is must win is getting to them. They are where we were in the past.

The improved atmosphere in the team and in the stands has made a huge difference to us this season. 

Cheering and singing instead of bawling and shouting, so much better for the fans and players.

https://twitter.com/theacciesfc/status/1751300761164697788?t=VH2hgXXz3EsbxzNV17KtpQ&s=19

Absolutely, it’s all so familiar

When you watch the last few minutes of the Only Accies podcast, the reaction to the Montrose equaliser and full time is like a carbon copy of us from years gone by. It takes me right back to so many games at the Falkirk stadium over the last 3/4 years.

It’s great to see 😂

52 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Watch Rankin picking the skin off his fingers. He's a bag of nerves!

I agree that the Alloa highlights have a better picture quality and are overall pretty good and well put together, but wtf is with the 'commentary'?! 

Is it even a commentary, is it meant to be there?  Much of the time its just silent (except for crowd noise), sometimes it seems like the camera operator (almost wrote man, don't want to upset any snowflakes) is just talking to someone else (particular enjoyed them talking about their great Internet speed), and occasionally there seems to be some sort of attempt at commentating.  At least be consistent, either commentate or shut tf up!

Much as I appreciate the Falkirk TV highlights package, it is REALLY frustrating that the play is speeded up.

I mean, some weeks it resembles Keystone Cops.
This is accentuated when you can compare the coverage of the same game from the opposition camera close by.

Alloa v Falkirk is Exhibit A for the prosecution.

I do prefer the commentary from our lads though. 

Thinking of recent chat and because I’m at a bit of a loose end, thought I’d list our top league scorers for the past 30 years. 

*23/24(so far) Callumn Morrison 19(0)- 12

*22/23 Callumn Morrison 32(3)- 12

*21/22 Callumn Morrison 15(5)- 8

*20/21 Callumn Morrison 21(1)- 7

*19/20 Declan McManus 26(0)- 19

18/19 Zak Rudden 29(2)- 12 

17/18 Louis Longridge 24(1)- 7

16/17 Craig Sibbald 35(1)- 10

15/16 John Baird 35(1)- 17

14/15 Rory Loy 26(0)- 9

13/14 Rory Loy 34(0)- 20

12/13 Lyle Taylor 34(0)- 24