The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

I reckon we fit in between 8 and 10 somewhere

I'm not so sure at the moment. I reckon we're probably just outside the top ten. Until we get a real good run in the top flight it's hard to put us above the likes of Motherwell and st mirren.

7 minutes ago, Rennieball said:

Motherwell take less to the average home game than us. 

It's not just about average crowds though as the article says They had 4119 against alloa in the cup so pretty similar but they've spent how many seasons in the top flight ( some due to our misfortune)and came second in 2014 plus numerous 3rd place finishes. They've also won the top flight once which we never have.  I've no doubt we could overtake them if we finally get up to the premiership and stay there but that's still a good bit off. 

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

I'm not so sure at the moment. I reckon we're probably just outside the top ten. Until we get a real good run in the top flight it's hard to put us above the likes of Motherwell and st mirren.

I agree with this.  

2 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Not necessarily- a hypothetical non-FSS member could easily contribute more to the club than an FSS over a season.

The point is that every fan is different and has different abilities and desires to contribute to the club. You therefore cannot say that those in the FSS are somehow superior and deserve more rights than others.

Stop putting words into my mouth. You are talking superior not me - at no time did I say that. FSS members as a collective ARE the biggest contributor to the club. It is  the vehicle the club has chosen to allow fans funding to come into the club easily and it can be measured. 
The support either want fan funding or not. The club has a three legged stool model with c910 people bought into that model. 880 or so FSS, 20 odd patrons and a few major shareholders. You can add c700 shareholders who agreed to this plan. That leaves a lump of fans in the can’t afford, don’t agree with the model, don’t know about it, can’t be arsed, give to other things at the club camp. 
There is still a 250k approx funding gap. I will ask you again what is your plan to fill that? 

3 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I don’t see how there is any more certainty of income from the FSS than from other sources. FSS is simply a monthly donation mechanism. People could stop donating at any time- as they might for example if a managerial decision was made that they disagreed with.

The point is FSS should be seen as one income stream amongst many. I also think the idea that someone donating £10 a month to FSS is somehow morally superior to another donating the same via programmes or 50-50 tickets needs to be ditched.

I assume you're not referring to me saying that people making FSS subs are morally superior, because I didn't say that?

Of course there's more certainty of income from FSS subs, because folk aren't going to suddenly stop their contributions en masse, so we know roughly how much is going to be donated each month. Obviously there will be the odd cancellation and odd new member which will change the figure slightly (although, hopefully, that'll be increasing each month), but the club really have no idea how much is going to be raised from the other routes. They will, of course, budget on expected numbers, but they can't really depend on how accurate that may be.

31 minutes ago, BPM said:

Stop putting words into my mouth. You are talking superior not me - at no time did I say that. FSS members as a collective ARE the biggest contributor to the club. It is  the vehicle the club has chosen to allow fans funding to come into the club easily and it can be measured. 
The support either want fan funding or not. The club has a three legged stool model with c910 people bought into that model. 880 or so FSS, 20 odd patrons and a few major shareholders. You can add c700 shareholders who agreed to this plan. That leaves a lump of fans in the can’t afford, don’t agree with the model, don’t know about it, can’t be arsed, give to other things at the club camp. 
There is still a 250k approx funding gap. I will ask you again what is your plan to fill that? 

You did however make out that those in FSS or patrons/shareholders deserve to have more of a say and also suggested that we can be thankful to those select individuals to even have a club.  That sort of thing rubs people up the wrong way.  

Where the club would have been in that or previous years if everyone who 'only' buys a ST hadn't bothered stumping up is anyone's guess... 

My take on the last few pages is that we should be grateful for any funding that fans put into the club through whatever means they can afford or choose to.  It all contributes.  

Of course we should encourage others to join FSS and contribute in any way they can but encourage is the key word, not guilt trip or suggest their ST/shirts/50/50s etc aren't as worthy as those other means.   

Overall, I think FSS and others are getting the messaging right and hope we continue to grow via all avenues.  

9 days to go until we have a game. Lets go through the players who’ve worn the number 9 jersey in League One…

Jordan Allan

Juan Alegria

Leigh Griffiths

Michael Ruth

Aidan Keena

Declan McManus

Have I missed any? Some reputable names, some disasters, some neither here nor there.

McManus obviously the stand out, thought Alegria was coming into a game, and think Keena split the fan base if I remember right? The other 3 didn’t work out, especially ousting Keena for one up front Ruthball….

17 hours ago, BPM said:

I am not sure if their opinion is less valid if they are not a member of FSS or helping fund the club in other ways.

However what seems a bit unfair to me is that about 25% of the fanbase are carrying the bulk of the financial burden of fan ownership and those who are not doing anything thing more than the ST or even PATG are getting the same in return as those who have stepped up financially. It is difficult one because there are various reason for that which a lot can be financial restraints but in any other business people who spend more tend to get better deals/service etc 

26 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

You did however make out that those in FSS or patrons/shareholders deserve to have more of a say and also suggested that we can be thankful to those select individuals to even have a club.  That sort of thing rubs people up the wrong way.  

Where the club would have been in that or previous years if everyone who 'only' buys a ST hadn't bothered stumping up is anyone's guess... 

My take on the last few pages is that we should be grateful for any funding that fans put into the club through whatever means they can afford or choose to.  It all contributes.  

Of course we should encourage others to join FSS and contribute in any way they can but encourage is the key word, not guilt trip or suggest their ST/shirts/50/50s etc aren't as worthy as those other means.   

Overall, I think FSS and others are getting the messaging right and hope we continue to grow via all avenues.  

At the top is what I originally said. At no time did I say they should have more of a say. I said in most businesses if you spend more you get more in return. Did I say that is what Falkirk should be doing? No all I said was that it seems a bit unfair that c75% of our fanbase are not contributing on top of their ST, merchendise, hospitality etc etc. 

I did in a subsequent post point out that the initial 3/400 FSS members and Patrons put cash in that pretty much stopped us going tits up. Can you point out where I said the rest should be thankful. I was merely stating a fact because that was the mess left behind by the previous regime. If pointing out a fact rubs people up the wrong way I am sorry for any offence caused. 

3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Mid - High teens due to the league we are in, the past 5 seasons of mediocrity and inept stewardship and not one physical asset to offer as collateral for the best lending terms should we have to borrow.

12 minutes ago, Anthony Fitzgerald said:

9 days to go until we have a game. Lets go through the players who’ve worn the number 9 jersey in League One…

Jordan Allan

Juan Alegria

Leigh Griffiths

Michael Ruth

Aidan Keena

Declan McManus

Have I missed any? Some reputable names, some disasters, some neither here nor there.

McManus obviously the stand out, thought Alegria was coming into a game, and think Keena split the fan base if I remember right? The other 3 didn’t work out, especially ousting Keena for one up front Ruthball….

Alegria good, Mcmanus great. The rest, awful.

1 minute ago, BPM said:

No all I said was that it seems a bit unfair that c75% of our fanbase are not contributing on top of their ST, merchendise, hospitality etc etc. 

This is where the offence is though and I can't see how you are so far removed you don't see why this rubs people the wrong way? It devalues other contributions while simultaneously saying that anyone who does contribute more is superior and somehow deserves more? Then you said its unfair that non members get the benefit while it was the patrons and FSS who stumped up the cash. Not only does that ignore the non members who absolutely did stump up the cash with season tickets, merchandise and other things, but you are effectively saying they should be thankful because they didn't do enough while others did.

How can you not see that is offensive? It's one thing to say what the patrons and fss did saved our club from part time (fact). It's another to say its unfair that others didn't contribute above and beyond and what they did contribute was not good enough (opinion) which frustrates people.

I said I wouldn't comment anymore but I can't help it when someone who is well known to be involved with people at the club makes comments like this because those comments are given more credence than others. You are alienating a large portion of the fanbase with your comments and certainly not encouraging them to join FSS. Be a bit more respectful. 

33 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

This is where the offence is though and I can't see how you are so far removed you don't see why this rubs people the wrong way? It devalues other contributions while simultaneously saying that anyone who does contribute more is superior and somehow deserves more? Then you said its unfair that non members get the benefit while it was the patrons and FSS who stumped up the cash. Not only does that ignore the non members who absolutely did stump up the cash with season tickets, merchandise and other things, but you are effectively saying they should be thankful because they didn't do enough while others did.

How can you not see that is offensive? It's one thing to say what the patrons and fss did saved our club from part time (fact). It's another to say its unfair that others didn't contribute above and beyond and what they did contribute was not good enough (opinion) which frustrates people.

I said I wouldn't comment anymore but I can't help it when someone who is well known to be involved with people at the club makes comments like this because those comments are given more credence than others. You are alienating a large portion of the fanbase with your comments and certainly not encouraging them to join FSS. Be a bit more respectful. 

I called out bpms comments yesterday on another post but i don't view the unfair comment as offensive, it's a fact that not all fans have bought into the FSS idea. Rather than be offended or frustrated  we should use the energy to look for ways to bring the 75% down every month on month.

1 hour ago, Jimmy1876 said:

This is where the offence is though and I can't see how you are so far removed you don't see why this rubs people the wrong way? 

Maybe it rubs up FSS members that others are not stepping up to the extent they are?

2 minutes ago, BPM said:

Maybe it rubs up FSS members that others are not stepping up to the extent they are?

How is an FSS member paying £10 a month ‘stepping up’ more than an ST holder who buys a programme and some 50-50 tickets every game (£7 x 22 games=£154) and goes to hospitality once a season (£90)?

Why is the fan who contributes £120 via FSS more deserving of special privileges than the one who contributes £244 via other means?

1 hour ago, Anthony Fitzgerald said:

Jordan Allan

Juan Alegria

Leigh Griffiths

Michael Ruth

Aidan Keena

Declan McManus

I liked keena, I know quite lot didn't. Just think he wasnt used enough and brought down to our level in the shite that surrounded him. 

Wasn't a massive fan of alegria at first but really came onto a game, was a shame he left. 

Mikey Ruth....... Is he still employed as a footballer? 

9 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

How is an FSS member paying £10 a month ‘stepping up’ more than an ST holder who buys a programme and some 50-50 tickets every game (£7 x 22 games=£154) and goes to hospitality once a season (£90)?

Why is the fan who contributes £120 via FSS more deserving of special privileges than the one who contributes £244 via other means?

If this a parody account? No? okay i will play along, it's because the FSS members are doing that as well?