The Falkirk FC Thread

Would happily take 4 points from tomorrow and Tuesday, but fingers crossed the boys can do the business tomorrow. A win and a draw in either order gives the same points advantage however I think it’ll kill Hamilton’s spirit completely if we beat them, and beat them well.

1 minute ago, Barr said:

Would happily take 4 points from tomorrow and Tuesday, but fingers crossed the boys can do the business tomorrow. A win and a draw in either order gives the same points advantage however I think it’ll kill Hamilton’s spirit completely if we beat them, and beat them well.

I'm tipping us to comprehensively beat Hamilton tomorrow. They'll have to go for it and that just plays into our strengths. Could see this being a right doing. Gonna go big and say 4-0. I'm backing through boys. I also think they'll win on Tuesday too. They've earned my trust and I have no reason to doubt them.

Edited by Raybowski89

haven't been able to concentrate all week, excited and terrified in equal measure, taking Mrs J to the game tomorrow, please please please let it be 3 points and a convincing performance

2 hours ago, Barr said:

If we beat Hamilton and draw with Montrose that’s a +4 point difference. If we draw with Hamilton and beat Montrose it’s only a +3 point advantage. Therefore, we must be Hamilton IMO.

12 hours ago, MulsonFFC said:

If not already I think the Ultras should consider trying to move to the centre of KM7 behind the goals, even for next season.  Will help the atmosphere/involvement splinter out across more of the stand and smaller Tifo's would maybe work better.

this, a great idea imo 

Come on boys get this done today. Don’t want another season of looking over to the North and seeing three men and a dug. This is the time for those in navy blue to shine and be heroes. Do it for yourself, do it for us, do it for all the poor Bairns fans who have passed away whilst we were still in this cesspit of a league without being given the chance of seeing us promoted, just do it🙏🏻

COME ON YE FUCKING BAIRNS 

Edited by Harry Kinnear

My son was taken to games as a child and had to be bribed with sweets to stay quiet for the 90 mins while his mother and I watched. He never really took to the club or football despite being a Xmas mascot one year (although he did enjoy that). He's now graduated as  a camera man (he says "cinematographer" but he's flexing) and thanks for one great guy on here (you probably  can guess who) he went to shadow the latter doing his job at the Celtic Hibs game a few weeks ago. He found it an amazing experience. To my astonishment he asked if he could come to the match today (and didn't really know its importance). So he's coming and I may for once not have to buy sweets to keep him happy.

Myself I drove back from Genoa in the last 3 days to be here for this match.  I have a repetitive strain injury in my right ankle from the continuous driving but totes worth it. COYB. 

Edited by Kevin James Left Knee

Woke up this morning with butterflies about a match for the first time for ages.

I’m nervous, but excited and confident today.

Also, going with my dad and my lad today so 3 generations of Grangemouth Bairns - love football the best when the 3 of us go together.

And, will be in the Oxgang for a pre-match beer which is where I drank with my mates as a teenager.

Will be a real day of sentiment and emotion.

If anyone is in the Oxgang be sure to say hello.

These games are exactly what football is about.

You just have to see the attendance last night at Starks and our anticipated crowd to see that when there is something to play for then the interest will be there.

As we all know the duopoly in the Premier is holding our game back - not the tiers beneath them in my view.

Can't wait for the game today and partisan atmosphere of 5K+ Bairns! 🔥

Roll on 3pm⏳

Edited by Blame Me
Remove whitespace

55 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Woke up this morning with butterflies about a match for the first time for ages.

I’m nervous, but excited and confident today.

Also, going with my dad and my lad today so 3 generations of Grangemouth Bairns - love football the best when the 3 of us go together.

And, will be in the Oxgang for a pre-match beer which is where I drank with my mates as a teenager.

Will be a real day of sentiment and emotion.

If anyone is in the Oxgang be sure to say hello.

You'll be right at home, since the stadium is still in G'moof apparently 🤣

3 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

Holy shit, I’m not on the forum for a wee while and now I want to charge down a field.  This place is full of emulsion!

braveheart-hold.gif

Good luck Falkirk FC and enjoy the day Bairns, hoping it’s one to remember. 

I second that emulsion.

On 15/02/2024 at 21:05, LatapyBairn. said:

He will have been offered a contract extension IMO, whether he chooses to sign it is another matter. 

Reading the FH sounds like McCann’s hedging his bets on us getting promoted first before deciding whether to stay. Probably wants to see other offers which might come in during the summer.