The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Stood up to the 13 men we were against. That stand side linesman and referee were an absolute disgrace. They gave fair and consistent decisions until we went 3-0 then Hamilton got everything. Their first goal was offside clear as day yet he still missed it. Constantly getting the decisions wrong and missed at least one penalty in the second half. That gave Hamilton the comeback but our boys stood up to it and never crumbled. Spencer really should have sealed the win. I’m frightful how much that has taken out the team ahead of Tuesday though. 

We were sat close to the Falkirk analysis guy. He clearly indicated to our bench after their first goal that the Hamilton player was onside 🤷‍♂️

Something about hard fought wins like that that feels so special. Can't decide who deserves more plaudits, the attacking players who scored 3 in 30 minutes or the defence who gave us the win in the end. 

On another note, Callum Morrison scoring his 50th goal for Falkirk FC today, massive congratulations and will be sad to see him go. I hope we somehow manage to keep him.

What a win.  Thought it was going to be a cricket score after 30mins though.  Very pleasing to see us continue to attack and be positive with the subs too.  Many managers would have gone 5 at the back for the last 15 and inevitably concede the equaliser by inviting them on. Both Nesbitt and Spencer could (should) have finished them off but we got there.  Onto Montrose now, can't afford to let the effort slip.  

Last word for Finn Yeats. Excellent again today and some commitment to stay on after that clash that knocked him for six.  

2 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Singing section are great, but we need to learn one or two different songs, getting a bit samey.

Sorry but this is a wild take and cannot disagree more. There were even new songs today since the weeks before. They have more songs than many many singing sections I've seen. Yes there will be favourites but that's what we want otherwise no one knows the words. 

MacIver deserved MotM but I thought McCann was brilliant today as well.

I thought we were deserved winners although it would have been nice to have done it the easy way. Hamilton did well to get themselves back into the game but after getting the second, they didn’t create a whole lot and we could and should have got another couple of goals ourselves.

A lot of football still to be played so on to the next one.

14 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Singing section are great, but we need to learn one or two different songs, getting a bit samey.

All ideas welcome, I’m sure. 

The whole south stand was great today. The display lifted everyone and I’m sure the team. The main stand joined and was being led by the ultras. 

Edited by StuartA

57 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

What a win.  Thought it was going to be a cricket score after 30mins though.  Very pleasing to see us continue to attack and be positive with the subs too.  Many managers would have gone 5 at the back for the last 15 and inevitably concede the equaliser by inviting them on. Both Nesbitt and Spencer could (should) have finished them off but we got there.  Onto Montrose now, can't afford to let the effort slip.  

Last word for Finn Yeats. Excellent again today and some commitment to stay on after that clash that knocked him for six.  

Finn just seems to bounce back no matter what. Some boy!

A great result and we’re firmly in control at the top of the league. Incredible intensity by the players to go 3-0 up in 27 minutes! At that point I knew it would be natural for the players to drop some gears as there’s no way you can play with that intensity for a full 90. Accies did come back and I’d need to see if their 1st was offside as I missed it. Ref and main stand lino were woeful throughout. 2nd half Accies got the early goal they wanted and it was game on. Our defence came in to its own and we were soaking up everything they had and tried to hit on the counter. Nizzy and/or Spencer could’ve made it a dream ending if they had their shooting boots on, but collectively the entire team done their dirty defending duties and kept them out for an historic win. A massive pivotal moment in our season and the league title is ours to throw away. Rest recover and prepare for Montrose tuesday and we could find we’re 14 points clear. Great stuff. 

Edited by GunnerBairn

1 hour ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Sorry but this is a wild take and cannot disagree more. There were even new songs today since the weeks before. They have more songs than many many singing sections I've seen. Yes there will be favourites but that's what we want otherwise no one knows the words. 

A medley of old time Brockville favourites would be great for dinosaurs like me!