The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

Because I think the pace we play at doesn't suit a 35 yo arfield...I think you'd have to change our formation to shoehorn him in...

He'd walk right into any of the centre midfield positions of our formation right now. 

‘No slacking’ is what McGlynn said post-match. I’d fully expect us to go for the win on tuesday and turn the screw even tighter on Accies. 14 points is a mountain to climb, but for reasons already mentioned, we need to be relentless in winning games until we cross the finish line.

Edited by GunnerBairn

I think Agyeman has more to offer and would keep him.  He's young and did well in the early part of the season until he lost his place.  When he comes on he often battles well and is raw but powerful.  Would have liked to have seen him replace MacIvor up top more often than always seeing him on the wing.  

Oliver, not for me.  Anonymous too many times last season and in his appearances this.  We'll need better for the Championship.  

2 minutes ago, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

Seriously?...you are saying you'd have arfield...who I'm guessing you've not seen play since he left sevco before Spencer or Henderson..wow

Is this a wind up?  Arfield would be an incredible signing and it blows my mind that you think he'd be worse than Spencer or Henderson 

1 minute ago, grumpyoldman said:

Not even sure Arfield is walking into Charlotte’s midfield 

Slightly higher level than the Scottish Championship...  he was playing against Messi as recently as October. 

Talking of Messi.  He's getting on a bit too.  Just s well he's not available. Would probably slow us down and we'd be better sticking with Nesbitt.  

18 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Is this a wind up?  Arfield would be an incredible signing and it blows my mind that you think he'd be worse than Spencer or Henderson 

Spencers passing ability & hendorsons physicality & decent ability...& ahem a few decent results this year with them in the pumphouse tells me we shouldn't be considering an alstonesque cameo for someone who was undoubtedly a great player for us..now it may (if he's interested..he said he was)be a masterstroke... not a gamble worth taking imo...Spencer & Henderson will be our midfield in the championship & they will be good

31 minutes ago, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

Seriously?...you are saying you'd have arfield...who I'm guessing you've not seen play since he left sevco before Spencer or Henderson..wow

Have you?

24 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I think Agyeman has more to offer and would keep him.  He's young and did well in the early part of the season until he lost his place.  When he comes on he often battles well and is raw but powerful.  Would have liked to have seen him replace MacIvor up top more often than always seeing him on the wing.  

Oliver, not for me.  Anonymous too many times last season and in his appearances this.  We'll need better for the Championship.  

Yeah Alfie is a work in progress. First full season of full time football he like Ross has been a bit unlucky in that Morrison and miller have been so good and nesbitt has upped his game. Still raw but I still think he could turn into a top player still.

2 hours ago, GMBairn said:

Very different players in a very different system and style of play.

Latapy was one of those guys with great skill but let's be honest he was hardly a grafter and would slow it down, wouldn't fit with this team or style as he was what people would call a luxury player. 

WHIT

2 hours ago, GMBairn said:

Very different players in a very different system and style of play.

Latapy was one of those guys with great skill but let's be honest he was hardly a grafter and would slow it down, wouldn't fit with this team or style as he was what people would call a luxury player. 

In a thread of wild opinions, this is just…

Latapy is now 55 and I’d still put him in our starting XI, let alone at his peak.