The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Calvin Miller seems to have a wee training ground party piece going on. That's twice he has picked up a ball from a corner, turned away from goals and the defence then turned and sent in a beauty. he scored himself against the Binos then his pass lead to Clubber's goal against Kelty yesterday. Keep it up, Calvin.

I'm sure McGlynn said after the Stirling game that Miller's goal had been practised in training so it wouldn't surprise if yesterday's goal was as well.

9 hours ago, Springfield said:

For the mathematicians who are alcohol free, what game can we officially get the trophy 

Hamilton are projected to finish on 69 points (based on 1.92 points per game). We are currently on 65 points, so given our superior goal difference we'd need just 1 win and 1 draw from our last 11 games to surpass that. The only way I see Hamilton's points per game ratio improving greatly is with a change of manager. 

The way McGlynn seems to be looking at it is that we have a 17 point and significant goal difference advantage so effectively 18 point lead, or as he says a 6 game swing, with only 11 games left.

If we continue to win an average of 2.6 points per game and Hamilton continue at 1.92 (their form is dropping as the season progresses) we'd win the league in approximately 5 games time - so 23rd March against Edinburgh at home. (2.6 points per game equates to 4 wins and 1 draw for us in next 5 games, 1.96 points per game for Accies equates approx to 3 wins and 2 losses, or 3 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss)

It is possible we could win the league on one of the 2 televised games away to Queens on the 16th March or away to Montrose on the 30th March. We have some tricky away fixtures in March (4 of them!) so it might drag into April, but the league could well be done in March!

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

9 hours ago, AGPar said:

Shared nothing. We've put up with years and years and years of obsessed opposition diddies stinking up this thread, crawling over it and revelling in every single defeat and f**k-up, far, far in excess of any other club in Scotland. They're conspicuous by their absence this season though, eh? No doubt they'll come running back the minute we finally we lose a game of football.

Hamilton have more than shown their colours this season - plenty of mouth and talk in the early part of the season, then "Gerry" and his ludicrous mind games and even now a few of the uber-fantasists in their ever-dwindling support refusing to accept that we've absolutely steamrollered them. Small-minded, tinpot wee outfit. F**k them.

100 percent. Absolute zero sympathy for Hamilton after all the utter crap we’ve had to endure, season after dire season. I’ll milk this as appropriate and stick it up the opposition as appropriate. I’m filling my boots, thanks!

38 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Hamilton are projected to finish on 69 points (based on 1.92 points per game). We are currently on 65 points, so given our superior goal difference we'd need just 1 win and 1 draw from our last 11 games to surpass that. The only way I see Hamilton's points per game ratio improving greatly is with a change of manager. 

The way McGlynn seems to be looking at it is that we have a 17 point and significant goal difference advantage so effectively 18 point lead, or as he says a 6 game swing, with only 11 games left.

If we continue to win an average of 2.6 points per game and Hamilton continue at 1.92 (their form is dropping as the season progresses) we'd win the league in approximately 5 games time - so 23rd March against Edinburgh at home. (2.6 points per game equates to 4 wins and 1 draw for us in next 5 games, 1.96 points per game for Accies equates approx to 3 wins and 2 losses, or 3 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss)

It is possible we could win the league on one of the 2 televised games away to Queens on the 16th March or away to Montrose on the 30th March. We have some tricky away fixtures in March (4 of them!) so it might drag into April, but the league could well be done in March!

Pros & cons to winning it home & away. A home game (Edin or Cove) would be great as you’d have a full house. 

But an away game at Montrose sounds like a belter too 😂🍻. I think, even if it were on TV, we’d still take a huge travelling support. 

Following on Bridge of Allan’s arithmetic 

Earliest it can be won is Stirling Away but needs us to win next 3 and Hamilton to loose next 3

If gap remains 17 points after Montrose Away, League is won as only 5 games then remain.

I think it will be either Montrose Away or Cove Home 

Edited by NUMBER 7

4 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Pros & cons to winning it home & away. A home game (Edin or Cove) would be great as you’d have a full house. 

But an away game at Montrose sounds like a belter too 😂🍻. I think, even if it were on TV, we’d still take a huge travelling support. 

It would also allow all those Clydebank and Morten w*nkers who infested this thread in the past and who now seem to have gone into hiding to watch us getting promoted.

7 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Town and Pubs also get a turn with a home title win, as they will get on Trophy Day 5th May, which is also a Bank Holiday Weekend 

Giving away age here. We won 2nd Division at Love Street in 1974/75 on a Wednesday night. We had to avoid a three goal defeat to be Champions and it played out a 0-0 draw. We should have had it done on the previous Saturday which was the proper last day of the season, but we lost 2-0 to Clydebank and had to wait until the re-scheduled match in Paisley was played. 

Won the league by a point from Queen of the South. Was a season when reconstruction was happening and 6 teams went into the New League One.

Edited by NUMBER 7

38 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

As long as it’s not at queens as I’m missing that for a family party after the KO was changed 🤣

24 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

As long as it’s not at queens as I’m missing that for a family party after the KO was changed 🤣

Better not be Queens, unless I can get BBC iplayer access in LA. Otherwise flying back for Edinburgh City, so if the fixture gods can arrange that please.

52 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Giving away age here. We won 2nd Division at Love Street in 1974/75 on a Wednesday night. We had to avoid a three goal defeat to be Champions and it played out a 0-0 draw. We should have had it done on the previous Saturday which was the proper last day of the season, but we lost 2-0 to Clydebank and had to wait until the re-scheduled match in Paisley was played. 

Won the league by a point from Queen of the South. Was a season when reconstruction was happening and 6 teams went into the New League One.

Cheers for that N7 - and a wee coincidence that neither site of those wins, Love St nor Kilbowie, exists nowadays. 

12 hours ago, AGPar said:

Shared nothing. We've put up with years and years and years of obsessed opposition diddies stinking up this thread, crawling over it and revelling in every single defeat and f**k-up, far, far in excess of any other club in Scotland. They're conspicuous by their absence this season though, eh? No doubt they'll come running back the minute we finally we lose a game of football.

At least you weren't bothered...

I've watched the only Accies YouTube video v Alloa three times now, currently it has more views than fans at their last two home games 

Loving the first Alloa goal, the anger n swearing is beautiful, the 2nd Alloa goal the Accies fans obviously have just settled into life in league one.