The Falkirk FC Thread

25 minutes ago, Bairns1994 said:

It’s a decent wee design and it’ll fit their stadium well, but that sort of design will look disproportionate to our 3 massive stands, as it’s only 1 storey IMG_7120.thumb.jpeg.e4849ab640a191a3931f46d340da5a4f.jpeg

Not sure disproportionality is a terrible thing. We don’t need a 4th stand the same size as the other 3, would never get filled apart from whoring it out to the arse cheeks 

27 minutes ago, Bairns1994 said:

It’s a decent wee design and it’ll fit their stadium well, but that sort of design will look disproportionate to our 3 massive stands, as it’s only 1 storey IMG_7120.thumb.jpeg.e4849ab640a191a3931f46d340da5a4f.jpeg

Why is it full of Sellick fans when it's not even been built yet?

48 minutes ago, Bairns1994 said:

That 3D view is a bit misleading as the terrace is about a storey tall as well, it will be not far off the same height as our north and south stands from pitch level to back row.

Their ground slopes up whereas ours is flat so we could probably have a concourse area below and have a 2 storey building at the back 

Obviously you'd want the roof etc in the same style as the other stands so it all reads as one which would take it up to be virtually the same height

Untitled-4.thumb.jpg.5bdf1ebd6a95dcf33b4ed688e6385b03.jpg

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

All this wittering on about the Foundation going to build this or build that and not involving the club seems a bit odd. Surely there should be a joined up strategy to benefit both organisations?

Looks from the outside the Foundation are merrily ploughing their own furrow without any thought of the badge they seem to use to help them be relevant.  

3 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

8k is probably more than adequate for the premiership too, with the exception of the ugly sisters.

For me there are far better things for the club to spend money on than seats that will not be required for 95% of matches.

Wouldn't just be seats though would it? In fact, seats are probably a secondary consideration.

5 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Not sure disproportionality is a terrible thing. We don’t need a 4th stand the same size as the other 3, would never get filled apart from whoring it out to the arse cheeks 

I agree. I think something different there would give the place a bit of character.

22 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

That 3D view is a bit misleading as the terrace is about a storey tall as well, it will be not far off the same height as our north and south stands from pitch level to back row.

Their ground slopes up whereas ours is flat so we could probably have a concourse area below and have a 2 storey building at the back 

Obviously you'd want the roof etc in the same style as the other stands so it all reads as one which would take it up to be virtually the same height

Screenshot2024-02-29at12_59_24.thumb.png.2eaddae1d5c3f1718d8ccdcd781bbbc7.png

Ah you’re right, that 3D View was misleading. It was the height difference that was bothering me but that looks decent! 

Listening to the latest Falkirk Daft podcast w/ Mr McGivern. Could somebody shed some light on the Saltcoats incident? I work in Saltcoats, so it's strange I've never heard this before.

Edited by Raybowski89

At the start of the year me and the Mrs got married abroad but wanted a home party on our return for friends who couldn't make it over. We anticipated somewhere between 200-250 people but there weren't many feasible options in the area (less now that Beancross Farm has closed). In the end we opted for Stirling Rugby Club which was basically a gym hall with a marquee inside but everyone commented how amazing it looked and i reckon all in the venue made well over 5k from the booking and the bar takings. I think this is something that we could look to incorporate into any building we do on the east side/corners and could even be used when the club hold their own events aswell as being an upgrade to the Behind The Goals bar (more people=more money).

There was also talk of Coasters closing its doors (although think this has since changed). If it did there wouldn't be any indoor astro pitches in the area so a potential gap in the market. The pitches wouldn't need to be very high so could possibly be incorporated beneath elevated seating facing the pitch like at Hamiltons. The pitches could also be used by the team for training in foul weather.

Just ideas tho but money makers and could even throw in the possibility of providing our own hospitality/corporate facilities/meeting rooms etc

Edited by Scott

1 hour ago, Raybowski89 said:

Listening to the latest Falkirk Daft podcast w/ Mr McGivern. Could somebody shed some light on the Saltcoats incident? I work in Saltcoats, so it's strange I've never heard this before.

A brawl outside a nightclub which caused Jim Duffy to pack in as manager!

21 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

A brawl outside a nightclub which caused Jim Duffy to pack in as manager!

How on earth was he the gaffer back then? Wouldn't he have still been in his 20s at that point?

2 hours ago, Scott said:

At the start of the year me and the Mrs got married abroad but wanted a home party on our return for friends who couldn't make it over. We anticipated somewhere between 200-250 people but there weren't many feasible options in the area (less now that Beancross Farm has closed). In the end we opted for Stirling Rugby Club which was basically a gym hall with a marquee inside but everyone commented how amazing it looked and i reckon all in the venue made well over 5k from the booking and the bar takings. I think this is something that we could look to incorporate into any building we do on the east side/corners and could even be used when the club hold their own events aswell as being an upgrade to the Behind The Goals bar (more people=more money).

There was also talk of Coasters closing its doors (although think this has since changed). If it did there wouldn't be any indoor astro pitches in the area so a potential gap in the market. The pitches wouldn't need to be very high so could possibly be incorporated beneath elevated seating facing the pitch like at Hamiltons. The pitches could also be used by the team for training in foul weather.

Just ideas tho but money makers and could even throw in the possibility of providing our own hospitality/corporate facilities/meeting rooms etc

I think Coasters will still be closing but just not imminently.

I'm not sure about the 5 a side pitches, when I played a lot we were at the stadium a few nights a week and it was reasonably busy, they must have just let them rot for a reason though, maybe it was just COVID but they might not have been making enough money.

Maybe as part of a larger offering where they aren't the only thing bringing people in they would be ok but on their own I'm not sure they make enough money.

17 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

I think Coasters will still be closing but just not imminently.

I'm not sure about the 5 a side pitches, when I played a lot we were at the stadium a few nights a week and it was reasonably busy, they must have just let them rot for a reason though, maybe it was just COVID but they might not have been making enough money.

Maybe as part of a larger offering where they aren't the only thing bringing people in they would be ok but on their own I'm not sure they make enough money.

Those pitches at the stadium weren't indoor though. There are lots of outdoor astro pitches in the area (schools, Little Kerse, even our own pitch) which all get rented out however there aren't any other indoor pitches in the area which a lot of people prefer especially in winter

Edited by Scott

6 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

🆕🎙️FALKIRK DAFT MEETS….SAMMY MCGIVERN

John & Ross chat over Brockville memories, Goals scored inc a famous hat-trick, Saltcoats 👀, Managers, Stainrod, Legends Stand inclusion & much more with THE Ginger God 👨🏻‍🦰

An extra day, an extra episode! 

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_7749.thumb.jpeg.46306acb3b1e95f661b0910978f80150.jpeg

I remember the bomb scare v Killie, if I mind right they were flying near the top of the league and we pissed all over them that day and they spawned a 1 nil win. I’m sure someone with an Irish accent had phoned and said that there was a bomb in the stand of a Scottish club, I was in the stand that day with my soon to be father in law as he wouldn’t go on the terracing and we all had to get down out the stand onto the pitch.

We were in the Railway Tav after and I thought my father in law was going to lamp a drunken Killie fan who said they were the better team, were they bollocks.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

4 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I agree. I think something different there would give the place a bit of character.

Go Retro Brockvllle covered terracing and have corrugated roofing to entertain other fans when the ball hits the roof resulting in the rust raining down.

Falkirk fans well-used to it had a right laugh at away fans experiencing it for the first time

4 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I remember the bomb scare v Killie, if I mind right they were flying near the top of the league and we pissed all over them that day and they spawned a 1 nil win. I’m sure someone with an Irish accent had phoned and said that there was a bomb in the stand of a Scottish club, I was in the stand that day with my soon to be father in law as he wouldn’t go on the terracing and we all had to get down out the stand onto the pitch.

We were in the Railway Tav after and I thought my father in law was going to lamp a drunken Killie fan who said they were the better team, were they bollocks.

Bomb scares were a common occurrence at the Falkirk College at Friday lunchtimes in the early 70's 

I'd like to see us do something in the interim with the East side that doesn't have to be a full-on build. 

During the pre and early season a standing area akin to this:

image.png.2e32bb0f87f902016da85fecf2d2a17c.png

Since Edinburgh have been allowed theirs then a short-term area to get folk to the stadium earlier and stay later and view the game shouldn't be too difficult to muster.

2 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

I'd like to see us do something in the interim with the East side that doesn't have to be a full-on build. 

During the pre and early season a standing area akin to this:

image.png.2e32bb0f87f902016da85fecf2d2a17c.png

Since Edinburgh have been allowed theirs then a short-term area to get folk to the stadium earlier and stay later and view the game shouldn't be too difficult to muster.

Get the Budvar tent back, that would do the trick.

One for the Falkirk Daft guys, I know you were only hosting but wondering if you have any info-

I take it the latapy ticket money is gone? I may have missed an announcement but this seems to have all been forgotten about. 

Will be a lessons learned from me on regards to not jumping into early to these sort of events organised by a random company. 

6 hours ago, Bairns1994 said:

That should be the Foundation building