The Falkirk FC Thread

On 29/02/2024 at 17:27, HopeStreetWalker said:

Go Retro Brockvllle covered terracing and have corrugated roofing to entertain other fans when the ball hits the roof resulting in the rust raining down.

Falkirk fans well-used to it had a right laugh at away fans experiencing it for the first time

That's what I'd go for - an exact rebuild of the Brockville enclosure - not sure if I'd make it all home support or go for the same split as before with away fans on the other side of the fence - happy days.

Do Stenny still have our old roof btw?

21 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

I didn't listen to the podcast so don't know Sammy's take on events but it was always my opinion that Duffy thought he was a shoe in for the vacant Thistle job so Salcoats became a very convenient way for him to free himself up 

That would fit what Sammy was skirting around.

4 hours ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Watching the tv match, we could do worse than bring Rudden back as he's grown into being a single striker with back to goal and also Gaston the Arbroath keeper would be someone to consider.

After all:

I'm happy to put forward a potentially unpopular opinion here: I think we are currently better than Rudden can offer.

I also don't see how he fits in to how we play and, I honestly don't see him as the gold that others do.  Quite frankly he's a bit of sweetcorn standing out amongst the shite that was there at the time. 

When we go up I hope our aspirations are higher than the players who took us down.  Move on.

33 minutes ago, One off poster said:

I'm happy to put forward a potentially unpopular opinion here: I think we are currently better than Rudden can offer.

I also don't see how he fits in to how we play and, I honestly don't see him as the gold that others do.  Quite frankly he's a bit of sweetcorn standing out amongst the shite that was there at the time. 

When we go up I hope our aspirations are higher than the players who took us down.  Move on.

I totally agree with you sir 👏 

11 hours ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Watching the tv match, we could do worse than bring Rudden back as he's grown into being a single striker with back to goal and also Gaston the Arbroath keeper would be someone to consider.

After all:

The Arbroath keeper is hopeless 

MATCHDAY! 🏡

Annan Athletic visit today with us currently 16pts ahead of Hamilton Accies with a game in hand. Predictions?

2️⃣ episodes for your ears this week…

🎙️EP:73 HELLO DOON THERE & EP:74 FALKIRK DAFT MEETS…SAMMY MCGIVERN 

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

F54BD479-07B4-4886-918D-99C626F1BD85.thumb.jpeg.0728c9226c9ddcbbfe2d5be81b4d0bd9.jpeg

11 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

That's what I'd go for - an exact rebuild of the Brockville enclosure - not sure if I'd make it all home support or go for the same split as before with away fans on the other side of the fence - happy days.

Do Stenny still have our old roof btw?

You could call it the 'Houstie Hardcore Memorial Stand'

2 hours ago, BPM said:

The Arbroath keeper is hopeless 

Also looked to be carrying a bit of timber, but he's no longer a youngster. Tbf to Gaston he was a decent keeper in his day sadly his best days are behind him. Conceding 8 goals in your last couple of games won't help either. Which proves an earlier point about the championship being mental. Queens Park put 6 past Arbroath and then they go and beat the joint leaders after being two down. 

3 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

MATCHDAY! 🏡

Annan Athletic visit today with us currently 16pts ahead of Hamilton Accies with a game in hand. Predictions?

2️⃣ episodes for your ears this week…

🎙️EP:73 HELLO DOON THERE & EP:74 FALKIRK DAFT MEETS…SAMMY MCGIVERN 

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

F54BD479-07B4-4886-918D-99C626F1BD85.thumb.jpeg.0728c9226c9ddcbbfe2d5be81b4d0bd9.jpeg

If Hamilton Accies were a lamppost eh?

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

Also looked to be carrying a bit of timber, but he's no longer a youngster. Tbf to Gaston he was a decent keeper in his day sadly his best days are behind him. Conceding 8 goals in your last couple of games won't help either. Which proves an earlier point about the championship being mental. Queens Park put 6 past Arbroath and then they go and beat the joint leaders after being two down. 

I don't think Gaston was in goals for the 6-0 loss last week. He was very good last night keeping his side in the game with a string of great saves until they eventually turned it around and won it.

That's not to say I'd want him as our goalie, but I'd definitely want some more experience for next season.

32 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I don't think Gaston was in goals for the 6-0 loss last week. He was very good last night keeping his side in the game with a string of great saves until they eventually turned it around and won it.

That's not to say I'd want him as our goalie, but I'd definitely want some more experience for next season.

You’re correct  it was Artur Boruc’s son that was in goal last week. 

9 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Folk booing at the end in the KM stand can f**k right off and when they get there f**k off again, wankers.

Folk have every right to boo that performance. The keeper is dug meat and created very little against them. The last 10 minutes we couldn’t even pass it to each other. As Sir Alex once said “they get plenty praise, so they’ll get the criticism when they deserve it”. 

Made the post a few months ago, but it remains the same - Long is worth around a goal per game to the opposition. Showed promise early season but that’s faded. A terrible weak point in a brilliant team  

McGlynn is really starting to piss me off with this chopping and changing goalkeepers. Hogarth got MOTM last week from the supporters and then he’s dropped today. How many times does it take to see Long is far too small for a keeper? You knew what was happening when that ball was in the air.

Doesn’t make up for the awful performance and I hope it’s a reminder that this league isn’t won yet. If it wasn’t for a huge error by their keeper we’d have lost that.

Edited by Tea and Busquets

14 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Folk have every right to boo that performance. The keeper is dug meat and created very little against them. The last 10 minutes we couldn’t even pass it to each other. As Sir Alex once said “they get plenty praise, so they’ll get the criticism when they deserve it”. 

We created and missed lots of chances, we are still unbeaten and 14 points clear at the top with a game in hand but you crack on and boo all you like. Sometimes our supports gets the team they deserve.