The Falkirk FC Thread

41 minutes ago, BPM said:

Or maybe the manager has sat the two lads down and agreed a plan of month about? Long played all January, Hogarth all February. March starts and Long is back in. Not that I agree with it TBH but McGlynn has already said there was no deal with Lincoln. 

Problem is that it's been obvious that the two young keepers we have taken a few weeks to settle into the role and are prone to mistakes when they first come back in. Hogarth had got better and better culminating in his motm performance last week. In January  Long had just settled in only  to be taken out of the team after a couple of clean sheets. To me it's not doing either any good as they are getting replaced just as they are hitting form. 

Just now, Theaccman said:

Don't deflect from your own problems.

Well you did ask what the "crash" was.  That was the result that pretty much killed the tiny shred of hope you had left eh. Then you had your faces rubbed right in it the week after, and the week after that, and midweek after that.🤣

5 minutes ago, Theaccman said:

Jesus wept. We're unbeaten in 26 this season Hamilton have lost 3 out of your last 6 and we're meant to be bottling it. 

I think it’s right to be absolutely fizzing with showings like that - the players will be and it’s why we’re 14 points clear. Years gone by we’ve accepted it as one of those days, and that’s why we finished 5th and 6th in the Scottish 3rd tier. 

27 minutes ago, Theaccman said:

I'm just saying we have a top squad who are playing for a team steeped in recent top flight history.

Your squad is weaker and is clearly creaking and tiring with the weight of 5 years of league 1 on them.

That's a definite crash today.

By all accounts what I've heard is your crowds were down today too and the young team quiet seems like a club in trouble.

What's the thoughts on Rankin this week? You'll still be wanting him to stay to lead this "best squad" to the title before you sign our three best players in the summer?

22 minutes ago, Theaccman said:

Enough of our problems how are you tonight given your big team lost to your neighbours across the M74 this afternoon 

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

We could/ should have been 4 or 5 up at half time with the amount of clear chances we created!

On another day we could have won by 5 or 6 we were so far ahead as a team . However getting it wide and slinging balls in for Mciver continually to hopefully head home is a bit naive. ( and it seemed like our only plan. )Bottom line is that Annan had us sussed and dealt with our arial threat very well. As good as McIver is , he rarely smashes a ball into the net with his head or feet and is generally a link up man who,s main contribution is lay offs and  excellent flick ons. 
Id love him to kick on and be a real no 9 and I believe he has it in him but too succeed but he will need to get a lot more aggressive and add a nasty edge to his game. Give him a few videos off Ally Mccoist to study as he continually fouled pushed shoved or kicked his way to make space in the box. 

Well there it is McGlynn admitting that if he didn’t put Long back in goals in January he would have been recalled. He came back in when Nicky had recorded back to back clean sheets. Our team selection being dictated by other clubs is not on IMO. We could have had that young boy on the bench we have and just played Hogarth if that was the case. 

Both our goalies are not good enough, they both have the same issue, they are both decent reaction keepers, but any time they have time to make a decision they are both really dodgy.

Hogarth did well last week but the other week he did the same as Long today the ball hangs in the air for ages. On both occasions our goalies panic and become wee boys with weak wrists instead of either punching with confidence or catching the ball.

Need new goalies and if the goalie coach has any say in the signing of goalies he should GTF too, having two goalies with the exact same faults is unforgivable. 

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

We drew at Edinburgh, got a kick up the arse and went on a winning run. That goal at the death today will have hurt the players and hopefully will be what spurs them on to have this all wrapped up in a few weeks.

They looked angry

Players in the lounge after the game confirmed Morrison will be fine. McGlynn was raging with them & kept them in the changing room longer than normal after the game too. 

They said they are determined to get back to a winning run from Tuesday & get this league won asap. 

1 minute ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Well there it is McGlynn admitting that if he didn’t put Long back in goals in January he would have been recalled. He came back in when Nicky had recorded back to back clean sheets. Our team selection being dictated by other clubs is not on IMO. We could have had that young boy on the bench we have and just played Hogarth if that was the case. 

I could understand it if it was a top club and you risk damaging a potential relationship and not getting superb prospects in the future.

But Long comes from Lincoln not fecking Liverpool! 

1 minute ago, RC55 FFC said:

Players in the lounge after the game confirmed Morrison will be fine. McGlynn was raging with them & kept them in the changing room longer than normal after the game too. 

They said they are determined to get back to a winning run from Tuesday & get this league won asap. 

Good stuff. 

1 hour ago, Albert Beale said:

McGlynn has worked wonders, but weird rotations need to stop until the league is done. Gk switch must be due to a loan agreement otherwise it's baffling. Both young and need a run to be at their best, so why constantly change them. Particularly weird to drop Nicky the last twice on the back off 2 clean sheets. 

He must be bealing

9 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

I can see why he played him in January but the windows shut now there's no need to bring him back in.

7 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I can see why he played him in January but the windows shut now there's no need to bring him back in.

To me, it sounds like it was a deal either to Long or to Lincoln to do it month about. McGlynn is a man of his word or so it seems so he won’t back track on the agreement now even if the window is shut. What other team do you know or have known to change keeper every month? There is just no reason for it. Pick one and stick with him until he’s poor/injured/suspended and it was Hogarth at that particular time. 

Edited by Tea and Busquets

27 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

What's the thoughts on Rankin this week? You'll still be wanting him to stay to lead this "best squad" to the title before you sign our three best players in the summer?

As you said the squad pulled through.

Rankin stay in my book.