The Falkirk FC Thread

41 minutes ago, BPM said:

What I am saying is let’s have some perspective on things. We are 14 pts clear (15 including our GD) with a chance to stretch that on Tuesday. Yesterday was disappointing but we didn’t lose and we would all have taken this situation in a heartbeat back in August. You are not normally one of the knicker wetters

I get that however with the run of three away games coming up it would have been nice to win a game that 99.9% of most would have expected us to win just to keep the gap as it is or even better.

52 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

This is like listening to Rangers or Celtic fans at work on a Monday morning, ridiculously reactive and one of their managers needs to get sacked every week.

Are we forgetting Hogarth made the same mistake at Hamilton, or Lang shouting at him as he couldn't hold a simple shot.

These guys are young and the worst thing you can do is knock their confidence.

He didn't make the same mistake at Hamilton though. The issue there was that it was right on the edge of the box and he was concerned he was going to handle it outside. Long didn't have that worry. All he needed to do was catch it and it was 3 points in the bag. Long has made far more errors than Hogarth over the course of the season.

44 minutes ago, BPM said:

We have been rotating all season it has been that stupid an idea we have not lost a game in the league all season 

We lost the chance of a financially beneficial cup run though and have dropped points we didn't need to drop because of it. It's just unnecessary that's the main point. There is really no need for it .

5 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

I get that however with the run of three away games coming up it would have been nice to win a game that 99.9% of most would have expected us to win just to keep the gap as it is or even better.

Exactly why take risks when you don't need to it was the same in the Edinburgh game which shouldve been a 3 point freeby. There are numerous things that pop up during a season that you can't control so why are we adding to them issues that we can control. 

6 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

It is a stupid idea, no need for it.

It is that stupid we have a club record unbeaten run. I am happy to let the manager, manage his squad. It is not for me but I certainly am not going to lose sleep over it like some seem to be. 

52 minutes ago, BPM said:

It is that stupid we have a club record unbeaten run. I am happy to let the manager, manage his squad. It is not for me but I certainly am not going to lose sleep over it like some seem to be. 

Not losing sleep over it but it is just not needed and does not help the team in any way.

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Not losing sleep over it but it is just not needed and does not help the team in any way.

But we are unbeaten? So how has it hindered us? I will repeat - I would rather he stuck with one of them but it has certainly not hindered results. 

4 hours ago, BPM said:

1 hour ago, BPM said:

But we are unbeaten? So how has it hindered us? I will repeat - I would rather he stuck with one of them but it has certainly not hindered results. 

It’s the Third Division, not really worth crowing about unbeaten runs; & more embarrassing that it’s taken a full time club 5 years to achieve it.

On 01/03/2024 at 12:54, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Significant number of tickets already gone for the Stirling game next week

Reckon we'll easily sell out our usual two sides and get the South Terrace as well

#NBP delivers once again

Screenshot2024-03-01at12_51_29.thumb.png.81735a8d4a19b58379d6c40c6093fc94.png

With the amount of supporters you brought through earlier in the season, plus the run to the title, I would be surprised if this wasn't the case. For as much as I would love those stands to be filled with Stirling fans, your support earlier in the season was up there with the best that have visited Forthbank over recent seasons, and when you consider that consists of Rangers, Hearts, Aberdeen and Hibs....that's a complement.

I think everyone is missing the point, what's really important at such a crucial point in the season is not what John McGlynn does in rotating a team he's rotated all season and finds us 14 clear with a game in game and 10 to play, but what fancy dress are you wearing to the Alloa game when we're awarded the league title?

1 hour ago, kiddy said:

It’s the Third Division, not really worth crowing about unbeaten runs; & more embarrassing that it’s taken a full time club 5 years to achieve it.

Why don't you whine about us losing our first game now? It'll save you time later. 

2 hours ago, kiddy said:

Who is crowing about it? One thing - which you as a customer won’t get - is that considering the absolute shambles we, a fans, inherited this will be the most satisfying promotion I have ever seen. We have had better of course but the nature of this will give me plenty satisfaction. 

1 minute ago, BPM said:

Who is crowing about it? One thing - which you as a customer won’t get - is that considering the absolute shambles we, a fans, inherited this will be the most satisfying promotion I have ever seen. We have had better of course but the nature of this will give me plenty satisfaction. 

It's all relative isn't it. Why would you, as a "customer" willingly suffer the shite times week after week, year after year in this league, then when the good times return start whinging like f**k about how it's not as good as something that happened years ago? Absolutely insane attitude. 

Would I rather we were romping the league above? Of course, but we're not in the league above. It deservedly shat us out because our club ate itself from the inside. As you correctly point out, we can all take a small part of this seasons success up till now personally. Maybe thats the difference between fan and customer? 

Not celebrating a title win too much is an attitude I might have been OK with had we annihilated this league at the first time of asking but we didn't, so now we're just a league one team finally putting on a bit of show and assuming we get it over the line, il be tears and snotters of unbridled joy. I have no fucking idea why any fan would try and use "look how clever I am" logic to try and wave that away.

There's been a lot of what we "deserve" over the years. I'd say this season we actually do deserve what's unfolding. 

4 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Exactly. I frankly see little benefit at all from it when it's meaning dropping a  goalkeepers on form whose just had a motm performance to bring in a keeper who then costs us two points. If it's not necessary don't do it simple as that .

The problem McGlynn now has whether intentional or not is Long's overall confidence is shot.

Pretty much every start he's made has seen a mistake at Edinburgh, Bonnyrigg and now against Annan. He's a decent 'keeper but his performances have now introduced an element of doubt that I don't think can be rectified with a run in the team. 

Best stick with Hogarth and let Sam start afresh down at Lincoln or somewhere else next year.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It's all relative isn't it. Why would you, as a "customer" willingly suffer the shite times week after week, year after year in this league, then when the good times return start whinging like f**k about how it's not as good as something that happened years ago? Absolutely insane attitude. 

Would I rather we were romping the league above? Of course, but we're not in the league above. It deservedly shat us out because our club ate itself from the inside. As you correctly point out, we can all take a small part of this seasons success up till now personally. Maybe thats the difference between fan and customer? 

Not celebrating a title win too much is an attitude I might have been OK with had we annihilated this league at the first time of asking but we didn't, so now we're just a league one team finally putting on a bit of show and assuming we get it over the line, il be tears and snotters of unbridled joy. I have no fucking idea why any fan would try and use "look how clever I am" logic to try and wave that away.

There's been a lot of what we "deserve" over the years. I'd say this season we actually do deserve what's unfolding. 

I was explaining this to my missus yesterday. I've watched some utter utter UTTER dross the past 5 years. Travelled up and down the country to be let down by utter charlatans. Personal lowlights have been 

Airdrie 6-2 Falkirk 

Falkirk 0-3 Montrose 

Falkirk 0-3 Cove rangers 

Queens Park 6-0 Falkirk 

Partick 5-0 Falkirk 

Falkirk 0- 1 Clyde

So forgive me for being a bit excited at the thought of winning a title.

You know it’s been a decent season when Kiddy makes an appearance on the back of a 1-1 home draw.  It usually takes a defeat for this voice of misery to appear.

i sometimes long for the days of OneF, as it kept him away from here.

5 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

I was explaining this to my missus yesterday. I've watched some utter utter UTTER dross the past 5 years. Travelled up and down the country to be let down by utter charlatans. Personal lowlights have been 

Airdrie 6-2 Falkirk 

Falkirk 0-3 Montrose 

Falkirk 0-3 Cove rangers 

Queens Park 6-0 Falkirk 

Partick 5-0 Falkirk 

Falkirk 0- 1 Clyde

So forgive me for being a bit excited at the thought of winning a title.

You could add just about any game against Clyde in the last 5 years into that.  That and a board presentation.

20 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

The problem McGlynn now has whether intentional or not is Long's overall confidence is shot.

Pretty much every start he's made has seen a mistake at Edinburgh, Bonnyrigg and now against Annan. He's a decent 'keeper but his performances have now introduced an element of doubt that I don't think can be rectified with a run in the team. 

Best stick with Hogarth and let Sam start afresh down at Lincoln or somewhere else next year.

Plus he knows that even if he plays like Manuel Neuer over the next few games he'll be back on the bench in April. Where is the motivation there?  Complete nonsense the whole situation.