The Falkirk FC Thread

14 hours ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

This is like listening to Rangers or Celtic fans at work on a Monday morning, ridiculously reactive and one of their managers needs to get sacked every week.

Are we forgetting Hogarth made the same mistake at Hamilton, or Lang shouting at him as he couldn't hold a simple shot.

These guys are young and the worst thing you can do is knock their confidence.

Yes so I would think Nicky's confidence has been knocked, being dropped the week after being man of the match ?

14 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

He didn't make the same mistake at Hamilton though. The issue there was that it was right on the edge of the box and he was concerned he was going to handle it outside. Long didn't have that worry. All he needed to do was catch it and it was 3 points in the bag. Long has made far more errors than Hogarth over the course of the season.

“The issue was that it was at the edge of the box?”

He caught it then dropped it, so he dropped it because he was outside the box? 😂

It was an error, as was Long on Saturday who at worst should have caught it.

1 minute ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

“The issue was that it was at the edge of the box?”

He caught it then dropped it, so he dropped it because he was outside the box? 😂

It was an error, as was Long on Saturday who at worst should have caught it.

Quite simple he catches it and ends up out his area he's off so he goes to It too tentatively.   It was a misjudgement but didn't cost us anything. How many points or games has hogarths errors cost us this season?  Longs have so far cost us two cup runs and at least 4 points alone from our last two drawn games.  Hogarth's haven't cost us anything. That's the difference for me along with the fact he was in excellent form so it's ludicrous to drop him and bring in another keeper who then flaps and costs us.

Watched the highlights this morning and it's definitely a howler from Long. Thought it at the time and confirmed on the highlights. Ultimately, keeper mistakes do tend to result in goals being lost, that happens all over the world and there are far better experienced international keepers who concede goals as a result of mistakes they make.

But how many chances to score did we need? 

Other teams will have seen Longs mistake so we can expect long throws and crosses every time he plays. He will know it was his fault which will make him even more nervous. Keeping him as our run in keeper is keeping us vulnerable. 

Long may not have lost us any league games but we've certainly dropped points due to his mistakes and we've also gone out of cups earlier than we should have.  I could just about understand the rotation if they were both our keepers but only 1 is, and he's the one who looks more likely to develop so play him.  

2 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

I was explaining this to my missus yesterday. I've watched some utter utter UTTER dross the past 5 years. Travelled up and down the country to be let down by utter charlatans. Personal lowlights have been 

Airdrie 6-2 Falkirk 

Falkirk 0-3 Montrose 

Falkirk 0-3 Cove rangers 

Queens Park 6-0 Falkirk 

Partick 5-0 Falkirk 

Falkirk 0- 1 Clyde

So forgive me for being a bit excited at the thought of winning a title.

There was also a home defeat to QOS when they had 143 shots (think it ended 3 nil?) 

23 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Quite simple he catches it and ends up out his area he's off so he goes to It too tentatively.   It was a misjudgement but didn't cost us anything. How many points or games has hogarths errors cost us this season?  Longs have so far cost us two cup runs and at least 4 points alone from our last two drawn games.  Hogarth's haven't cost us anything. That's the difference for me along with the fact he was in excellent form so it's ludicrous to drop him and bring in another keeper who then flaps and costs us.

It cost us a goal, and luckily it was earlier in the match and the team were playing superb.

I've already said I would have kept in Hogarth on Saturday, as he was strong at Kelty, however both are error prone with handling.

1 minute ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

It cost us a goal, and luckily it was earlier in the match and the team were playing superb.

I've already said I would have kept in Hogarth on Saturday, as he was strong at Kelty, however both are error prone with handling.

Long has made far more errors over the course of the season though. I'd also rather have the lucky goalie in than the unlucky one whose mistakes cost us.

I missed the game on Saturday but for me Long has made more, and worse errors than Hogarth over the course of the season. Other than at NDP and the home game against Edinburgh I'm struggling to think what Hogarth has really done wrong tbh 

Long has slightly better distribution than Hogarth but that's where the advantages end 

As Hogarth is our keeper it should be an absolute no-brainer who should start in goal between now and the end of the season

ETA: In the league this season Hogarth has conceded 7 in 12 matches and won 10 games out of 12, Long is worse at 9 in 14 and also only winning 10 despite playing 2 games more. 

ETA2: If we have to start Long in some matches between now and the end of the season, why don't we wait until the title is officially wrapped up before doing so? 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

7 hours ago, BPM said:

But we are unbeaten? So how has it hindered us? I will repeat - I would rather he stuck with one of them but it has certainly not hindered results. 

It hindered our result on Saturday!

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

It's funny but you do get players who seem to get away with errors whilst others everything seems to end up in a goal or lost points

Napoleon Bonaparte quote: I would rather have a general who was lucky  than...

🆕🎙️EP:75 SLOPPY & WASTEFUL

🔵 Review the 1-1 draw with Annan with guest pundit Scott Watson 💛
⚪️ Falkirk Daft Meets….Tam McManus 🔜
🔵 14 tickets left for FD Live/End of Season Party 👀
⚪️ Preview Cove Rangers (A) & Stirling (A) 🚌
🔵 Falkirk Supporters Society Monthly Draw 🎟️ 
⚪️ Falkirk Football Club Commercial Team competition winners announced PLUS much more… 

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_7975.thumb.jpeg.a9f387b4193cea65e1b4a423c6dbfc11.jpeg

45 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

It hindered our result on Saturday!

So did McIver missing about 4 sitters, Morrison 3 and Miller 2. FFS we should have been out of sight after 20 minutes 

26 minutes ago, BPM said:

So did McIver missing about 4 sitters, Morrison 3 and Miller 2. FFS we should have been out of sight after 20 minutes 

Got a quick chance to put it right. Hope the way we drew on Saturday makes the team eager to get it right  Cove are better than Annan or Kelty with Fyvie back. Not an easy game.

18 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Does anyone remember experienced keeper Alan Ferguson let the ball go right through his legs in front of the south stand? Think it was against Hibs in the Scottish Cup. The worst error i have ever seen

Yip, shocker

1 hour ago, BPM said:

We should have been out of sight after 5 minutes but that has nothing to do with the ongoing goalkeeping nonsense.

No amount of whataboutery excuses that.