The Falkirk FC Thread

27 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

We should have been out of sight after 5 minutes but that has nothing to do with the ongoing goalkeeping nonsense.

No amount of whataboutery excuses that.

It is not whataboutery at all. These guys all made mistakes, Long makes one and it’s all his fault. I think the players locked in the dressing room till 5.50 says it all 

7 minutes ago, BPM said:

It is not whataboutery at all. These guys all made mistakes, Long makes one and it’s all his fault. I think the players locked in the dressing room till 5.50 says it all 

Whataboutery 

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

We should have been out of sight after 5 minutes but that has nothing to do with the ongoing goalkeeping nonsense.

No amount of whataboutery excuses that.

Its a team game, there were faults all over the shop. Some of the players thought the game was won and were sloppy in possession. 

To blame the draw on Long only is harsh. Yes he f*cked up but he wasn't the only one. 

1 hour ago, BPM said:

This

33 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

If swapping keepers every month was a good thing we wouldn't be the only pro side doing it in the country they all be doing it.

Given that we’re also the only pro side in the country unbeaten maybe it’ll catch on 😂

Having flung away 2 points on Saturday for whatever reason, we now go into three away games and need to get this League sown up. I think it will be at the Montrose game, the tickets for that don’t go on sale until Tuesday 19th March.

1 minute ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Having flung away 2 points on Saturday for whatever reason, we now go into three away games and need to get this League sown up. I think it will be at the Montrose game, the tickets for that don’t go on sale until Tuesday 19th March.

Where did you see that about the Montrose tickets? 

17 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

I phoned them as there’s a group of us going on train

Cheers. Will share that on our socials. I think that will be a busy away game. We are doing the train too

1 minute ago, RC55 FFC said:

Cheers. Will share that on our socials. I think that will be a busy away game. We are doing the train too

That 5:30 ko is dangerous dangerous stuff! 

6 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Cove are better than Annan or Kelty with Fyvie back. Not an easy game.

All you need to do is stop fyvie most things good from us come from him. struggled to beat Annan and Edinburgh wasn't convincing so should be an easy enough game for you.

29 minutes ago, covefan97 said:

All you need to do is stop fyvie most things good from us come from him. struggled to beat Annan and Edinburgh wasn't convincing so should be an easy enough game for you.

Given Fyvie has been out for a while, is he fit enough for two games in 4 days?

11 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Given Fyvie has been out for a while, is he fit enough for two games in 4 days?

He isn't fit for two full 90 minutes he'll start I don't think. Will get subbed off at some point though would be risky playing so much in a few days just coming back from injury.

7 hours ago, BPM said:

These guys all made mistakes, Long makes one and it’s all his fault. 

Having looked through the pics, I'm beginning to wonder if Long should have had a foul. Looks like the boy jumped into him, and from the angle he was at the ref wouldn't have had a clear view. Possibly number 17 and definitely Finn Yeats would have been blocking his line of sight. 

The fact that Long was knocked over while the forward stayed on his feet after the punch suggests to me there was contact. 

Shouldn't make any difference in the long term but maybe someone needs to make the case for Longs defence. 

Sam Long (3) .jpg

22.jpg

Edited by Bainsfordbairn
spelling