The Falkirk FC Thread

Earliest it can be over is at home to Edinburgh.

Wins there, and next week in Dumfries, + Accies dropping points against either the Binos, at home, or Cove, away.🤞

Thought Tait was excellent today Spencer less so but can excuse him for a very rare poor performance.

Said to the lad next to me that we were missing Henderson in the midfield and got the reply that he was the big man’s faither!

Oliver has been a bit of an unsung hero this season worth keeping him next season in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Said to the lad next to me that we were missing Henderson in the midfield and got the reply that he was the big man’s faither!

Big Wullie H!

Bit of a strange game with us not at our best. In saying that, we deserved the win.

Tait looks like a good option in midfield. Shanley didn’t do much wrong but again struggled to really influence the match.

Maybe slightly harsh in some of the fringe players, but I do still think we need to move the likes of Oliver on if we have aspirations of competing at the top end of the championship. He would go with my best wishes though as he has made an important contribution.

Just now, PedroMoutinho said:

Bit of a strange game with us not at our best. In saying that, we deserved the win.

Tait looks like a good option in midfield. Shanley didn’t do much wrong but again struggled to really influence the match.

Maybe slightly harsh in some of the fringe players, but I do still think we need to move the likes of Oliver on if we have aspirations of competing at the top end of the championship. He would go with my best wishes though as he has made an important contribution.

Ultimately we’ll sign another 8 or so players. Maybe it’s post orgasmic glow, but I wouldn’t be unhappy if Oliver was one. He scored again today  

We huffed and puffed a bit today but the 3 points are all that matters. Certainly missed a bit of physicality in the middle of the park where we struggled at times although I thought Tait was excellent today. Spencer was uncharacteristically poor for me and nesbitt didn't have a great game. Thought shanley played well some great hold up play and lovely link ups with Morrison and miller he was unfortunate to get hooked but macivers flick on for the winner was just what we have come to expect from him.  Big hendo was decent years struggled for me and miller failed to make much of an impact. Ross was lovely when he came on.All.in all another 3 points ticked off and Dumfries next .

7 minutes ago, StuartA said:

Ultimately we’ll sign another 8 or so players. Maybe it’s post orgasmic glow, but I wouldn’t be unhappy if Oliver was one. He scored again today  

I like Oliver and think he is a good option at this level. However, imo we will need better quality next season than fringe players who have ultimately not been good enough to start in league 1.

I also would like another option at number 10, which is realistically where Oliver would be playing as I don’t see it being upfront.

We have 19 players in the squad as it stands so I don’t see us signing another 8 players if this season’s fringe players are retained.

4 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I like Oliver and think he is a good option at this level. However, imo we will need better quality next season than fringe players who have ultimately not been good enough to start in league 1.

I also would like another option at number 10, which is realistically where Oliver would be playing as I don’t see it being upfront.

We have 19 players in the squad as it stands so I don’t see us signing another 8 players if this season’s fringe players are retained.

We have about 12 players signed for next season. The most obvious one we want to re-sign is Yeats, but I guess he has offers and there’s negotiations. We won with Cal though.  So yeah it’s about 8 more. 

4 minutes ago, StuartA said:

We have about 12 players signed for next season. The most obvious one we want to re-sign is Yeats, but I guess he has offers and there’s negotiations. We won with Cal though.  So yeah it’s about 8 more. 

I’d presume a loan player or two over and above that as well. Then would also would love to see one or more of the apprentices who have spent this season on loan making in impact for us, guess that comes down to how they perform preseason. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

6 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I’d presume a loan player or two over and above that as well. Then would also would love to see one or more of the apprentices who have spent this season on loan making in impact for us, guess that comes down to how they perform preseason. 

Will be interesting to see what happens with the apprentices. If they weren't ready for league 1 this season I can't see them being ready for the championship next. I expect they will all go out on loan again, maybe to league 1 clubs this time to see how they get on. 

3 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Will be interesting to see what happens with the apprentices. If they weren't ready for league 1 this season I can't see them being ready for the championship next. I expect they will all go out on loan again, maybe to league 1 clubs this time to see how they get on. 

Agreed- there’s no point them sitting in the stand here so I guess they’ll probably go back out on loan (hopefully to a higher level).

20 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

McGlynn singing Oliver's praises here - does anybody else think that it sounds like he is going to be offered a deal?

And apparently over 2,000 Bairns at the game today so maybe beaten our 2,008 at NDP.

A frustrating day, in many ways, topped off by a fantastic release at the end and a good old school jump around. Not our greatest performance obviously but 3 points and UP EH ROAD.

Goaly Oliver struck late to crush the title hopes of both Alloa and Montrose, despite both pulling off great wins today. But sorry boys, if a NAVY BLUE JUGGERNAUT is coming through, you better move aside. Just shows you what shooting first time can do!

Falkirk are now guaranteed at least 2nd place in our tier 3, season 5 cinching.

10th ❌

9th ❌

8th ❌

7th ❌

6th ❌

5th ❌

4th ❌

3rd ❌

2nd ❔

1st ❔

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

He’s making it very hard for Mcglynn not to offer him an extension, fair play to the guy. 

He absolutely must be offered a new contract. He even said in an interview not too long ago that he's happy with his current role and loves being part of this squad. We'd be daft to let him go.