The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

To the Raith fan who had a pop at McGlynn's multi year deals, whilst you were signing one of the most sought after young prospects in Scotland off of an Aberdeen team that wanted him to stay, we were signing Brad Mckay on a three year deal and Gary Holt's son on a two year deal. There's levels to the recruitment game, McGlynn's top tier.

It really wouldn't have been hard to improve on the hot mess you were before.

With ourselves, it wasn't the contract length which was the issue - it was the substantial year on year increases to entice players in the door. Two of these players (Ross and Gullan) ended up being injury prone and failing to really offer value for money. That's not anyone's fault that it ended that way, but when you look at where it left us as a club it's McGlynn who put us in that position. You can also point to the Goodwillie debacle too. 

For me, Ian Murray has his faults but has done really well with John Potter and Allan Halliday to make sure we're identifying targets and getting them in on deals which, contrary to popular belief, aren't breaking the bank.

McGlynn clearly has an eye for talent and some outstanding contacts. I don't think anyone can dispute that - but at the moment I think Murray has done better for us. Even in his first season he'd identified Scott Brown to go with Dylan Easton. Both of them have been exceptional. 

5 hours ago, GMBairn said:

To be fair I don't really know anything about the rules. I just remember us getting a fortune for Mark Stewart. If we only get something like 50k that's obviously shit. 

It is a calculation based on his current salary 

18 hours ago, GMBairn said:

To be honest I wouldn't mind Finn staying but if he's away we should be due a development fee of a few hundred thousand you would think which could be enough to make sure the club is confident in it's finances in our first season up and allow us to recruit fairly freely.

Wouldn't be the end of the world and I'm sure we would be able to pick up a stable championship level right back to fill the slot.

6 hours ago, GMBairn said:

To be fair I don't really know anything about the rules. I just remember us getting a fortune for Mark Stewart. If we only get something like 50k that's obviously shit. 

34 minutes ago, BPM said:

It is a calculation based on his current salary 

The difference between Mark Stewart and Finn Yeats is we had Stewart for 4 or 5 years before we sold him, we've had Finn for 2.  

Mark Stewart scored goals in the Premiership and Championship, played in a Scottish Cup Final. 

We would get about 10k for Yeats

Planning my journey down to Dumfries for Saturday. I've never been to Palmerston and was just wondering if there are any designated pubs for us lot nearby? Preferably one that does a good Guinness! 🤣

Edited by Raybowski89

12 minutes ago, Springfield said:
Showpiece top of the table clash - Partick V Raith 
Attendance: 2,319

That's abysmal for that important a game. Patrick's pitch looks like the one down my local park. 

8 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

That's abysmal for that important a game. Patrick's pitch looks like the one down my local park. 

But grass pitches are the way forward apparently! 

Good news that the KM7 is as good as sold out for the final 4 home games of the season with the Alloa game being sold out. I've had to buy tickets for the main stand for the Alloa game but will there be any chance that the North Stand has to be opened for home fans as well? 

Just now, FK1Bairn said:

Good news that the KM7 is as good as sold out for the final 4 home games of the season with the Alloa game being sold out. I've had to buy tickets for the main stand for the Alloa game but will there be any chance that the North Stand has to be opened for home fans as well? 

Fantastic opportunity for the club to maximise revenue for these four games. I’m sure that the BOD are/have already plans in place to utilise the NS.

48 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Jamie Swinney has confirmed on X tonight that the NS will be open for games where the KM stand has sold out 👏🏻

29 minutes ago, Higgenarse said:

So the only remaining game we can't get tickets for at moment is Annan away. Looks like one last push from league one to extract as much of The Navy Blue Pound 

Annan tickets are available on Fanbase.

Just now, RC55 FFC said:

Got ours a couple of weeks back, definitely there if you scroll down?

IMG_8154.thumb.jpeg.f119b131e520ebb4fde5b190141a6899.jpeg

I meant the Montrose game, but I was being a clown - got them now

🆕🎙️EP:76 NOT COUNTING CHICKENS

John McInally & Lewis Connolly….

🔵 Review the wins over Cove Rangers & Stirling Albion with Bairns fan Andrew Haxton from Parliamo who play Behind The Wall this Friday night 🥁
⚪️ Preview QOS (A) with @EuanMaxwell93 PLUS
🔵 Discuss all the latest FFC news 🗞️

Sponsored by Falkirk FFIT T8’s & Lava Cup Tournament

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_8153.thumb.jpeg.95212b65c5f638383de27d56111b24d4.jpeg