The Falkirk FC Thread

Thought that was a really good game to watch but in the end it was all us. Championees (first time I've said it). 

On another note what a picture this is. Hendo absolutely delighted celebrating with the ultras, the scarf blowing in the wind, the steeple and the Falkirk FC floating next to Hendo. Kudos to whoever took it. 

Screenshot_20240316_215820_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Jimmy1876

Spencer looked a bit jaded last week so I presume that's why mcginn started.  Don't think mcglynn has enough confidence in bislands defensive game to play him and move Finn into the middle. Hopefully big tam will be back soon.

53 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

@Bainsfordbairn - any pics of the Hendo celebration? 

There will be plenty, but I'm just home and have a date with a beer. Might get a chance to look at them tomorrow after I come back from the girls game against St MIrren. 

The club used the one of him waving a scarf at the end and Falkirk Daft might use some when they post early in the week. If they don't I'll get back to you midweek. 

Edited by Bainsfordbairn
More info.

Think it’s been mentioned, great first 25 and should have been out of sight. Credit to QS they had a couple of chances that just needed finishing. Todd’s wonder goal brought a different dimension. Need to see if it got a wicked deflection. Wake up call and some great play to see us comfortably home. Special next few games coming up. 

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Think it’s been mentioned, great first 25 and should have been out of sight. Credit to QS they had a couple of chances that just needed finishing. Todd’s wonder goal brought a different dimension. Need to see if it got a wicked deflection. Wake up call and some great play to see us comfortably home. Special next few games coming up. 

Todd's goal took a big deflection off Hendo, Long was helpless after that

19 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Here we go.

As I thought live the equaliser was pretty clearly offside. It's not even a particularly difficult one to get right. It's right in front of the linesman. Changes the momentum of the game.

As annoying as that is, Falkirk were the better side first half hour and last half hour and whilst the margin was a wee bit flattering maybe, no complaints about the result. The penalty's soft in that Morrison flung himself but he was clipped and McKechnie conceded that afterward. Did think Gibson might have also got one at the other end at 3-1 (I think)? Some hit from Nesbitt.

Enjoy your title celebrations next week.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Do any posters on here use websites / apps such as veed.io, Happy Scribe, Flixier etc. to add subtitles to videos? I would like to add subs to a video as a one-off but don't want to sign up for a monthly subscription. If you can help, please let me know and I'll PM you the details. Thanks.

P.S. Falkirk promotion related.

7 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

Todd's goal took a big deflection off Hendo, Long was helpless after that

Just caught up with the highlights and didn’t realise how much it caught Hendo. Nesbitt’s goal some hit and maybe a special mention to Tait. How on earth he was unable to fit in at Hamilton is quite mind blowing. Great vision and a proper footballer.

5 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

As I thought live the equaliser was pretty clearly offside. It's not even a particularly difficult one to get right. It's right in front of the linesman. Changes the momentum of the game.

As annoying as that is, Falkirk were the better side first half hour and last half hour and whilst the margin was a wee bit flattering maybe, no complaints about the result. The penalty's soft in that Morrison flung himself but he was clipped and McKechnie conceded that afterward. Did think Gibson might have also got one at the other end at 3-1 (I think)? Some hit from Nesbitt.

Enjoy your title celebrations next week.

I thought it was very close on the first one - possibly just off. Need the draw the lines.

Five minutes later Morrison was put through in almost identical circumstances and was flagged despite being a couple of yards on so the assistant evened it up anyway.

17 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

I thought it was very close on the first one - possibly just off. Need the draw the lines.

Five minutes later Morrison was put through in almost identical circumstances and was flagged despite being a couple of yards on so the assistant evened it up anyway.

They tried for some bizarre reason to play that way all night. Even a P&B Pep could see it was going to eventually catch QOS out. Bartley is so far out of his depth it is scary.