The Falkirk FC Thread

If Morrison had any intention of starting next season elsewhere, then he wouldn't have signed. That would be a monumentally stupid thing to do since doing so would directly hit him in the pocket. Everyone knows free agents who are desirable get better deals. Anyone who wants him has to factor in money to pay for him now. 

The only way he leaves is if the club get an absolute wild offer that they can't refuse, and hunt him out. 

24 minutes ago, Springfield said:

For anyone connected to the FSS, has there been a significant number of members now transferred to the new payment(s) ?

For anyone going to Montrose;

https://montrosefc.ticketco.events/uk/en/e/montrosefc_v_falkirkfc

Not significant enough. Still 300 odd members paying through PayPal. 

It's not a massive issue so long as members switch before their 2 years PayPal subs expire. To date I think we have seen approximately 20 members drop off after failing to switch and that will only increase every month until November 2025 when the final PayPal sub expires. 

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

What a shite performance tonight. Yes NI played 11 behind the ball, but looked like we couldn’t give two f….

I was starting to forget what it felt like to have a shite performance and lose. Luckily I missed Friday as I was driving up for the game on Saturday. Hopefully a nice wee title party will cheer us all up on Saturday

4 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

It's not a massive issue so long as members switch before their 2 years PayPal subs expire. To date I think we have seen approximately 20 members drop off after failing to switch and that will only increase every month until November 2025 when the final PayPal sub expires. 

Edited by Springfield

4 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Thanks 

9 hours ago, Springfield said:

What a shite performance tonight. Yes NI played 11 behind the ball, but looked like we couldn’t give two f….

Morrison for Scotland would at least be entertaining! Last night was predictable and boring 🥱

Ach, maybe it's just I've just been spoiled domestically 😁

10 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Said the same when someone mentioned Berra a few years ago, absolutely a no from me.

He's been pish for years, luckily for him as have Hibs.

I’ve not seen Hibs enough to comment, being poor in the top flight, fair enough. What level should he be playing at? Would a drop to the Championship still not be his level? 

11 hours ago, Latapy is god said:

I wonder if Montrose will allow Skysports into the match.  They were there on Saturday.

TV deal might mean sky can't go but use bbc footage and they will just do their interviews with players and mcglynn and their cinematic shots of the stadium and links park with footage of Saturday thrown in the mix and put out on Tuesday on TV and twitter (currently called x)

18 hours ago, Gaz said:

Eddie May is forever tainted by being an abysmal manager who didn't have the guts to admit it after three games.

Not for me. Of course, his time as a manager was bad but he was a very important player for us for a few years, in the Premier League and title winning sides.

One more thing on the legends debate. I think there’s probably only one out and out legend for Falkirk in the last 40 or so years and that’s Crunchie. Stainrod, Latapy, Mackenzie, Nicol and some others were greats but in the purest sense of the word legend - Crunchie.

16 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

If Morrison was going to go in the summer he would t have signed a new deal. He’s given all the power back to the club in regards to deciding his future and will have put off many clubs who may have taken him on a free but won’t/can’t pay a fee for him. He’ll stay so you can chill out on that one 👍🏻

Morrison's and the clubs thinking could well be. He does the same again in the higher division and he and the club cash in on a transfer fee with a year left on his contract with a higher transfer fee so both party's win

Nod and a wink from Falkirk to Morrison we will be reasonable.

2 hours ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Not for me. Of course, his time as a manager was bad but he was a very important player for us for a few years, in the Premier League and title winning sides.

One more thing on the legends debate. I think there’s probably only one out and out legend for Falkirk in the last 40 or so years and that’s Crunchie. Stainrod, Latapy, Mackenzie, Nicol and some others were greats but in the purest sense of the word legend - Crunchie.

If he'd held his hands up after three games and admitted that he wasn't cut out to be a manager and it was time for someone else to come in, then I'd still have my respect to him. But nope, he soldiered on for most of the season and gave ridiculous interviews in which he said he'd need to pray more.

Absolutely tainted.

Have ended up with an extra Train and Match Ticket if any good to anyone  P.M. Me

Larbert ( Any Train )

Stirling 11.09 to Montrose 12.42

Montrose 21.20 to Stirling 22.51

Stirling to Larbert  ( Any Train )

57 minutes ago, Gaz said:

If he'd held his hands up after three games and admitted that he wasn't cut out to be a manager and it was time for someone else to come in, then I'd still have my respect to him. But nope, he soldiered on for most of the season and gave ridiculous interviews in which he said he'd need to pray more.

Absolutely tainted.

eddie confirmed at time he didnt want managers job, he was happy with academy/ u21 team coaching. bod pushed him into accepting the position as a cheap get out. he did his best but he knew from the offset that he was too inexperienced and onto a hiding to nothing. i blame the bod at the time for him leaving club. i was a big fan of his as a player and was a genuine nice guy that got shafted. 

regards eddie may appreciation society.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Morrison's and the clubs thinking could well be. He does the same again in the higher division and he and the club cash in on a transfer fee with a year left on his contract with a higher transfer fee so both party's win

Nod and a wink from Falkirk to Morrison we will be reasonable.

or maybe its what they've said constantly for 3 years we want to be in the premiership by season 2026/27 so why sell our best players