The Falkirk FC Thread

24 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Falkirk attendances at Palmerston this season are 560 the 1st time and 629 the 2nd time (which to be fair was on live tv at 5:30).

In a way this is good news for QoS.

Clubs like Stirling, Alloa and Hamilton (all Central belt) will lose far more away fan revenue/budget from Falkirk next season than yourselves. Montrose was a one off given the significance of the match itself, however, the other 3 teams we would always take a healthy away support.

6 minutes ago, BPM said:

Another Morton fan with Falkirk FC living in his thick skull. 

It was actually your fans talking about Morton which caused me to click on the thread. What I can draw from the last few threads is that Falkirk take 10,000 fans to away games and won the league on a tiny, shoe string budget that would put the riches of Hamilton, Cove and Queen of the South to shame. And on that note, I think I'll leave you to it.

Good day to you. Thank you x

12 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

It was actually your fans talking about Morton which caused me to click on the thread. What I can draw from the last few threads is that Falkirk take 10,000 fans to away games and won the league on a tiny, shoe string budget that would put the riches of Hamilton, Cove and Queen of the South to shame. And on that note, I think I'll leave you to it.

Good day to you. Thank you x

it doesn't surprise me in the least that these are the conclusions that you've drawn TBH.

16 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Whenever we played Inverness in the past the boy Oakley always looked a handful. I see he's now at Cappielow, and given that we can take anything Morten value any time we feel like it..... 

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Yes that's a good shout he always looks a tough player to play against. Not sure what his contract situation at Morton is at the moment.

1 hour ago, Raybowski89 said:

George Oakley would be a great shout. Scored a brilliant hattrick at Tannadice the day we played QotS at TFS. My mate is a Morton fan. I've asked him if he knows what Oakley's situation is. We take what we want from Morton so if he's out of contract, get him signed 🤣

16 hours ago, StuartA said:

Unless I’ve missed a subsequent story, he’s available in the summer too: https://gmfc.net/george-oakley-becomes-our-third-january-signing/

Morton's obsession with Falkirk 👍👍👍

3 hours ago, tirso said:

I agree, getting ahead of myself but we have a great potential to push on.  Falkirk is a growing place in the central belt, can imagine parents moving here want their kids to evade the old firm poison.  the atmosphere has improved no end, helps when you are winning.  would be great to push on and see a real move up the pack,  we can but dream but would love to see the stadium get completed to improve the atmosphere further.  it's the one thing that sticks in the craw, looks tinpot and ruins the atmosphere somewhat.

Filling the missing link to complete the stadium could do a lot worse than the Ayr United hybrid Standing/Seating set up.

It certainly is the cheapest option, faster to build and once and for all end the speculation that goes on season after season with nothing happening.

10 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Filling the missing link to complete the stadium could do a lot worse than the Ayr United hybrid Standing/Seating set up.

It certainly is the cheapest option, faster to build and once and for all end the speculation that goes on season after season with nothing happening.

Falkirk obsessed with Ayr United

33 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

What’s the rules regarding terracing in the premiership these days? 

3 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

What’s the rules regarding terracing in the premiership these days? 

Pretty much allowed now. Think they got rid of the old 6k seat rule in 2013 when the SPL and SFL merged. I personally would like to see a bit of safe standing like Celtic have and what exists in Germany as part of the 4th stand. Would be a great bit to watch the football from

23 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Falkirk obsessed with Ayr United

I never claimed Falkirk have an obsession with Morton*. Just funny that Falkirk fans start talking about Morton, then cry "obsession!!!11!!111!" when a Morton fan turns up.

*Although given that a handful of you Grangemouth tramps turned up at a Morton friendly to sit in the away end last summer, maybe you do have one. 🤔 . (if we are using the same Seville calculator you've been using to calculate your 1k away support, it was actually 719 fans instead of a handful 👍)

14 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

I never claimed Falkirk have an obsession with Morton*. Just funny that Falkirk fans start talking about Morton, then cry "obsession!!!11!!111!" when a Morton fan turns up.

*Although given that a handful of you Grangemouth tramps turned up at a Morton friendly to sit in the away end last summer, maybe you do have one. 🤔 . (if we are using the same Seville calculator you've been using to calculate your 1k away support, it was actually 719 fans instead of a handful 👍)

You're an idiot

We’ve taken some blows from lesser clubs over the last few years for where we’ve been and what we’ve done but that will make it all the sweeter when we end up back in the premiership before them even after all of that 😂

24 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Wow. Are you ok pal? 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

32 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

** go away

I’ve been having a rethink on the type of stand that we should build opposite the main stand. We should build the cheapest, crappiest,  thing possible – you know, something like the Wee Dublin End at Crappielow - and house all the away fans in there and leave the other 3 quality stands for our own top quality fans. So, when it is pishin’ with rain 4,000 bigot brothers’ fans (especially) are sitting there in their cheap, plastic cagoules getting soaked. Or, when it is roasting, they are getting baked.

Wee Dublin End

Morton in the Community celebrate their 10-year anniversary in style

Priestfield Road away end, Gillingham - notoriously known as the worst away end in English football.

My home overlooks my team's football ground but I've shunned club after row  with owner got me arrested & banned for LIFE | The Sun

The Medway Priestfield Stadium | Gillingham FC | Football Ground Guide

Helping Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola settle into Manchester - BBC News

3 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

Falkirk fans thinking they take an average of 1,000 to away games is the funniest things I've read today. I don't think you chumps manage even half of that when you visit Cappielow.

edit: you also think Cove have a bigger budget than you this season? 😂 Wtf am I reading? 

Oakley Dokely senor 🙌

1 hour ago, blatso said:

Pretty much allowed now. Think they got rid of the old 6k seat rule in 2013 when the SPL and SFL merged. I personally would like to see a bit of safe standing like Celtic have and what exists in Germany as part of the 4th stand. Would be a great bit to watch the football from

Suspect the Ultra's would migrate there if it was built.

Opposite the main stand and the spiritual home of Simon Stainrod's Barmy Army and the Houstie Hard Core.