The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Then a business plan has to be put in place to provide the facility the marketplace needs.

Office space? No, plenty of empty office space already in the vicinity.

Hospitality? Stadium has hospitality already so the council would veto

As for free from Council money grabbing regarding the stadium. That's been talked to death, the council have the club tied up tight. We are stuck in the current facilities till the lease ends.

So unless there is a Leaseholder / Market identified then no 4th stand or build a stand to hold fans and thats it.

The latter is the cheaper option.

But anyway - whatever it is thats seasons away but the club could agree the design, how much it costs, building approval then if the funds become available there is a shovel ready plan is on the shelf.

“Council would veto”, “lease”

Utter gibberish.

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Of all the terrible ideas I've read on P&B this is certainly up there. It would look absolutely ridiculous 

If nothing else there is quite simply no demand for new office space in the town and there is already a large unused area in the main stand if we did want to expand the hospitality offering, or stick some in the new stand 

Home working killed the need for office space.

50 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

“Council would veto”, “lease”

Utter gibberish.

Let's not go back to the existing stadium issue with who owns what - it's been flogged to death.

The thread is the 4th Stand.

What is the cheapest option to complete the stadium bearing in mind the existing facilities.

Hardcore base, Paved suitable for hybrid terracing / seating, roofed

Refreshments, Toilets, Turnstiles and the stadium is completed.

I believe it would be rammed every game.

If we aim for another stand like the ones we've got it ain't going to be built anytime soon.

26 minutes ago, Beaver The Bairn said:

Drink it in

Credit to Falkirk TV for the highlights 👍

Best one is clearly Morrison v Montrose to win 3-2, but Nesbitt has scored some crackers.

6 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Why would you think this? There is a frisson about the place at the moment what with the promotion, the exciting brand of football on offer and the welcome addition of the ultras. Personally, if we get off to a good start in the championship, I can't see us having any less than 5,000 home fans each week. 

I don't mean this to be in any way disrespectful, but I see a lot of chat about your Ultras, how good they are, and the chat above about how they could fill the terracing of a new stand. As we speak, I would agree with that view.

Realistically, though, given they have really appeared very quickly out of nowhere, how long do you expect them to hang around in their current form when you aren't winning every week?

21 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Realistically, though, given they have really appeared very quickly out of nowhere, how long do you expect them to hang around in their current form when you aren't winning every week?

Hopefully the rest of their lives, given that they're the supporters of the future who'll spend 40+ years watching the team, just as us oldies have done. 

The buzz of being with your mates, in a gang, and being allowed to make a racket and behave in a way you can't do at school is a draw just now. Some of them have been pulled from the ugly sisters because of the ultra culture. Watching a winning team is certainly a draw for them, but it's not the only one. And I recognise many of them from previous seasons so they haven't just appeared out of nowhere, even if their numbers have swelled now that it's an organised group. A fair number of them are longterm fans who're not schoolkids but adult men in their twenties.  

Edited by Bainsfordbairn

40 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

That’s a season-after-next problem 

43 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I don't mean this to be in any way disrespectful, but I see a lot of chat about your Ultras, how good they are, and the chat above about how they could fill the terracing of a new stand. As we speak, I would agree with that view.

Think those in glasshouses & all that comes to mind here…….somewhat ironic that as a fan of a team who by your own admission has lost nearly half your fanbase whilst winning most weeks is concerned about the Navy Blue. Dare I say it but the imminent exposure of your own off the field issues might soon have you focusing on things closer to home. 

4 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Think those in glasshouses & all that comes to mind here…….somewhat ironic that as a fan of a team who by your own admission has lost nearly half your fanbase whilst winning most weeks is concerned about the Navy Blue. Dare I say it but the imminent exposure of your own off the field issues might soon have you focusing on things closer to home. 

I'm not concerned by Falkirk fans in the slightest. However I've said before in this thread that Scottish football in general would be better off if more supporters actively followed their team on a regular basis, and Falkirk were the best current example of this.

You only have to look, though, at the likes of Stirling Albion to see how quickly those numbers etc can drop off when the success that drew them out in the first place dries up.

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

I'm not concerned by Falkirk fans in the slightest. However I've said before in this thread that Scottish football in general would be better off if more supporters actively followed their team on a regular basis, and Falkirk were the best current example of this.

You only have to look, though, at the likes of Stirling Albion to see how quickly those numbers etc can drop off when the success that drew them out in the first place dries up.

See you are not acknowledging what’s happening with your own club………isn’t that an ostrich mentality being adopted here by your good self sir?

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

We have been in league one for five years, a spell that has been the worst in our history and our attendances at our lowest ever performance were at 2,500 towards the end of the season we finished 6th. We don't need to be told what happens when things aren't going well thanks. 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

We have been in league one for five years, a spell that has been the worst in our history and our attendances at our lowest ever performance were at 2,500 towards the end of the season we finished 6th. We don't need to be told what happens when things aren't going well thanks. 

When i was in my teens the Bairns were crap and went part time. Me and an awful lot of my pals ( Ultras without the name) followed through it and our grand kids are now Ultras. It is what being a fan means taking the good and the bad but still being there.

14 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

and our attendances at our lowest ever performance were at 2,500 towards the end of the season we finished 6th. 

The last three home games of that season saw 3158 at a 3-0 loss to Montrose, 3113 at a 3-0 loss to Cove and 3366 at a 2-1 loss to Alloa, so your numbers are a little low. 

For league games we tend to fluctuate between three and five thousand depending on how the team are doing. I can vaguely recall conversations with George Craig in the top flight maybe 15 years ago when his aim was to get our home support at around five thousand. 

Our support has held up remarkably well considering the performance of the team in recent years.