The Falkirk FC Thread

Longridge and Tumilty are their two defenders with the most minutes. They may try and shoehorn in Euan Henderson (10G, 5A) at LW even though Miller's numbers are better. He had a bit of hype about him earlier on in the season.

I think Burrell is a shoo-in as the top scoring striker in the division.

On 08/04/2024 at 16:50, bridge of allan bairn said:

For the Alloa game, with the Main and South stands now both sold out and the North stand having sold approx 250 tickets already in our 3 allocated sections there, do we think they may release even more than 1,000 tickets for the North stand to Falkirk fans for this game?

There is still about a month to go and those remaining 750 tickets left should sell. Maybe Alloa might only get the very end section (of the 6 sections), leave 1 section as a gap and release another section of 300+ to us? No point in having empty seats as Alloa unlikely to sell more than 1-2 sections.

Every £ helps in the close season war chest.

No reason why we couldn't split the North Stand like this, was done that way against Ross County the last time we won the league 

That would open up another 306 seats for home supporters and still leave more than enough space for the Alloa fans 

Screenshot2024-04-11at13_07_04.thumb.png.268ea6fe51769ceff2de031695fcbed5.png

28 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

No reason why we couldn't split the North Stand like this, was done that way against Ross County the last time we won the league 

That would open up another 306 seats for home supporters and still leave more than enough space for the Alloa fans 

Screenshot2024-04-11at13_07_04.thumb.png.268ea6fe51769ceff2de031695fcbed5.png

Alloa may bring more than that wee section (about 300?) if they need something to reach playoffs. In which case, given we get half their ground whenever we go there, I’d feel a bit poor about. 

Some may argue “look after your own first” but that seems a bit ugly sistersy.

Where is the facilities split on the concourse of the north stand though? Would need segregation but not sure exatly where that happens inside. Would have to have enough toilets etc to facilitate the numbers and don't know if that could be achieved telling 80% of fans in that stand that they all need to go along and use the ones at the main stand side. 

26 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Alloa may bring more than that wee section (about 300?) if they need something to reach playoffs. In which case, given we get half their ground whenever we go there, I’d feel a bit poor about. 

For me there’s nothing wrong with prioritising home fans in the rare event that space is limited. The vast majority of teams would do the same- I’m sure Alloa would be filling more seats at the Recs with their own supporters if they could.

Every Falkirk supporter in the ground is someone who could be attracted back along next season.

3 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Good point re: Burrell. I do think, however, that somebody should tell Callumn Morrison that he isn't a striker because he seems to be under the impression that he is.

Morrison plays as an inside forward. He's effectively a striker that plays out wide and likes to cut in. He's absolutely not a winger in a million years. 

Players from other clubs off the top of my head- 

Fyvie and Burrell. Cove.

Hester and Lyons. Montrose.

Goss. Annan.

Steven and Wales. Alloa.

McPake. Stirling. 

Fulton and Martin. Hamilton. (although both have been out injured, nearly all season in Martin's case) so then maybe Tumilty and O'Hara?

Bavidge and Lyon. Kelty.

Connelly and Reilly. QoS.

Edinburgh I haven't a clue given their financial plight, letting players go and having to play youngsters. 

You'd have to think one or two will be in team of the season mainly because it can't be seen to have it  made up entirely of our players( although it would be nice).As for players from other clubs in league 1 who I'd take at Falkirk I think Martin and Fulton definitely, Fyvie, and the two on loan at Alloa, Wales and Steven. 

Edited by ebobsboy

1 hour ago, Raybowski89 said:

Morrison plays as an inside forward. He's effectively a striker that plays out wide and likes to cut in. He's absolutely not a winger in a million years. 

He also plays centrally and on the left side when he is being denied space out wide right. Intelligent play

2 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Fyvie and Burrell. Cove.

Goss. Annan.

Steven and Wales. Alloa.

McPake. Stirling. 

Fulton and Martin. Hamilton. (although both have been out injured, nearly all season in Martin's case) so then maybe Tumilty and O'Hara?

Bavidge and Lyon. Kelty.

Edinburgh I haven't a clue given their financial plight, letting players go and having to play youngsters. 

You'd have to think one or two will be in team of the season mainly because it can't be seen to have it made up made up entirely of our players( although it would be nice).As for players from other clubs in league 1 who I'd take at Falkirk I think Martin and Fulton definitely, Fyvie, and the two on loan at Alloa, Wales and Steven. 

You missed McKay from Kelty ?

Almost every Falkirk player has performed at a level significantly higher than his peers. Every single one. You can maybe make an argument that Long and Hogarth changed over too much and for Burrell over Maciver if you only use goals, but I know who id pick if I could have only one of them. 

Someone like Fyvie should be nowhere near getting in over Hendo or Spencer who have absolutely bodied all comers. 

GK - ?
LB - Mccann
CB - Lang
CB - Donaldson
RB - Tumilty (Purely for the reason that Accies need at least 1 player)
CM - Hendo
CM - Spencer
CAM - Steven from Alloa (Similar stats to Nesbitt but in a lesser team)
RW - Morrison
ST - Burrell
LW - Miller

4 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

GK - ?
LB - Mccann
CB - Lang
CB - Donaldson
RB - Tumilty (Purely for the reason that Accies need at least 1 player)
CM - Hendo
CM - Spencer
CAM - Steven from Alloa (Similar stats to Nesbitt but in a lesser team)
RW - Morrison
ST - Burrell
LW - Miller

I think this is fair, on the basis that the deserved Bairns 11 won't happen

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

Where is the facilities split on the concourse of the north stand though? Would need segregation but not sure exatly where that happens inside. Would have to have enough toilets etc to facilitate the numbers and don't know if that could be achieved telling 80% of fans in that stand that they all need to go along and use the ones at the main stand side. 

Segregation inside is at the half way mark. I think 4 sections would be our max for using 2 turnstiles & only one set of toilets/catering. 

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

For me there’s nothing wrong with prioritising home fans in the rare event that space is limited. The vast majority of teams would do the same- I’m sure Alloa would be filling more seats at the Recs with their own supporters if they could.

Every Falkirk supporter in the ground is someone who could be attracted back along next season.

I'm all for looking after our fans, but there is not a chance the people buying these seats are back next year unless it's to win a league.

I agree with bairn88, it would not be right to give a fair percentage to Alloa if they need them.

I’ve gone down with benign, positional vertigo which is an absolute b*****d. I can’t drive And even standing up makes me very nauseous. My guess is I won’t make the match on Saturday if anyone wants my ticket PM me please

53 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Fyvie and Burrell. Cove.

Goss. Annan.

Steven and Wales. Alloa.

McPake. Stirling. 

Bavidge and Lyon. Kelty.

You'd have to think one or two will be in team of the season mainly because it can't be seen to have it  made up entirely of our players( although it would be nice).As for players from other clubs in league 1 who I'd take at Falkirk I think Martin and Fulton definitely, Fyvie, and the two on loan at Alloa, Wales and Steven. 

McPake hasn't been with us long enough to be considered and nobody else from our team deserves to even come close.  i think Fyvie/Burrell/Wales/Steven are all worthy of consideration based on what i've seen. i'd expect there to be 5 or 6 Falkirk players in the selection at a minimum.

40 minutes ago, SuperTuesday said:

I'm all for looking after our fans, but there is not a chance the people buying these seats are back next year unless it's to win a league.

I agree with bairn88, it would not be right to give a fair percentage to Alloa if they need them.

They’re unlikely to buy a season ticket right away, but if we could even get them to come to the first game of the season, that would be a start.

Some will be day trippers but others may have stopped attending regularly for whatever reason and could be attracted back.

3 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Dont really see it being an issue tbh. We won't need more than 7,300 tickets and Alloa won't need more than 300 

Hopefully we can put on a good show and get as many of them back for next season as possible. Even if we can convert 1 in 10 out of the roughly 2k day trippers that will make a difference to the club going forward 

52 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

McPake hasn't been with us long enough to be considered and nobody else from our team deserves to even come close.  i think Fyvie/Burrell/Wales/Steven are all worthy of consideration based on what i've seen. i'd expect there to be 5 or 6 Falkirk players in the selection at a minimum.

Whilst I appreciate that Burrell goal scoring justifies his consideration I can’t see the rationale for Fyvie given both his injury record & the times I’ve seen him against us. In my opinion he would struggle to make our bench.