The Falkirk FC Thread

54 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

Is anyone here an experienced fact checker? And a good speller? It requires OCD ideally and a good knowledge of Scottish football. And knowing that Nisbet is spelt Nesbitt. Sorry it’s unpaid but this is for the club’s benefit. Get in touch 

I'm a librarian, will that do?

58 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

That was a sickening read. Won't comment much more as others have covered the main points but unbelievable there are still fans that seem to think that way. We just had 7000 fans at our last game of the season. At least 4000 of them don't have season tickets, but somehow they are less important 

Agreed.  They are just as important and contribute just as much as those who have signed up for the clubs fundraising schemes.

12 hours ago, Blane Fonda said:

Of course.. and all true fans will

Get so far to absolute flying f**k with this shite.

9 minutes ago, Latapy is god said:

Agreed.  They are just as important and contribute just as much as those who have signed up for the clubs fundraising schemes.

So someone who subscribes to the 1876 club, the FSS, Bairns Lotto, bought shares when asked, buys a season ticket and add ons contributes just as much as someone who only goes to “big” games? Really? 

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Blane Fonda said:

So someone who subscribes to the 1876 club, the FSS, Bairns Lotto, bought shares when asked, buys a season ticket and add ons contributes just as much as someone who only goes to “big” games? Really? 

If it makes you feel better to consider yourself a better fan than others then go for it my man/woman/person. 

What others do is neither mine or your business though so don't try to make others feel shite for their actions. 

I do all this and also spunked loads of money pished at the youth team speakers night so that makes me better than u haha x 

Edited by Senor Bairn

Just now, 60`s bairn said:

Disappointed to see both Alloa and Montrose lose out in the play-offs. Hard pushed for a preference now between ICT & Hamilton

Inverness seem gubbed financially and Hamilton's a diddy club so Inverness for me.

5 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Inverness seem gubbed financially and Hamilton's a diddy club so Inverness for me.

Yep, pretty much my thinking, Hamilton (the club not fans) have been irritating this year and Inverness are on a downward spiral so Inverness would be better.

Also it will be interesting to have so many loveable "characters" in the away dug out next season with Big Dunc, Scott Brown, Martindale, McPake and Dougie Imrie.

Don't mind Rhys McCabe, Kris Doolan, Ian Murray so much.

I'm hoping ICT stay up but they look like a side struggling to score goals. I can't see them keeping a clean sheet over two games against Accies who despite being able to score can't keep the back door shut. I wouldn't be surprised if it's level after the first game it goes to penalties in the second. 

15 hours ago, Blane Fonda said:

Of course.. and all true fans will.  If you buy early bird - it’s no skin off your nose.

more importantly…

I would like to think that the FSS is looking to sponsor the home kit (at least) for our 150 anniversary shirt and leave it blank -except for certain games where charities like Strathcarron are represented on the shirt.

We simply cannot have our 150th strip messed up with a sponsor, (unless Ineos or someone else offer funny money)

I know most of our fans are real tightwads or losers who will  happily buy a load of pints in the boozer but will refuse to pay tenner a month to fund the club and realistically make their beer taste a lot better on Saturday night.

….but even these people must realise the importance of our 150th anniversary and pay accordingly to make up a deficit. 

Probably the worst post of all time.

3 hours ago, Big chungus said:

What’s the latest on FSS membership numbers? Does anyone know?

This is just over a week out of date but it was 910 and steadily growing. New members signing up has been strong, but there is still the issue of PayPal members dropping off when their original 2 year subscription expires and that is why we aren't closer to the 1k.