The Falkirk FC Thread

39 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Our squad is decent but we'd miss Tait and lack cover if left with just Hendo and Spencer in there.  

Now we've signed Oliver & Shanley I really hope we don't re-sign Mackie.  We need to leave some spaces for upgrades in the budget.  

Think that’s fair. Would have kept Mackie over the two you mention but for me the focus now should be on retaining Tait and adding starting quality if we can.

Adding Mackie, Ross and Tait to those already signed would leave the squad pretty much done barring a back up GK. I do think we need to add a few pieces of quality to challenge next season- still plenty of time to do so.

38 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

I feel like if Mackie has resigned it would have been announced by now but I may be wrong.

Same the other way. If he was away that would have been announced. My guess is they must still be talking 

I'd have resigned Mackie before Oliver and Shanley so I'd be surprised if we havent offered him a deal.

There could be a number of factors at play though, from agreeing the fine print with his agent (how long did Yeats' deal take to sort out?) to Mackie wanting more regular football. He'll be 26 this season and likely find himself as 4th choice centre back/ 2nd choice left back. That's far from ideal at this stage of his career 

12 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Think that’s fair. Would have kept Mackie over the two you mention but for me the focus now should be on retaining Tait and adding starting quality if we can.

Adding Mackie, Ross and Tait to those already signed would leave the squad pretty much done barring a back up GK. I do think we need to add a few pieces of quality to challenge next season- still plenty of time to do so.

Why will it? Do you know what budget has been spent? Do you know the managers budget? He has said things in the press about the size of the squad but nothing other than that. It is a moving feast every year this and if the fans come in with more cash the Board have already committed that cash to the manager. 

The same suspects, and you are one of them, were the same last summer. Just sit back and see where we end up before jumping to judgement. Your track record isn’t the best after all 

5 minutes ago, BPM said:

Why will it? Do you know what budget has been spent? Do you know the managers budget? He has said things in the press about the size of the squad but nothing other than that. It is a moving feast every year this and if the fans come in with more cash the Board have already committed that cash to the manager. 

The same suspects, and you are one of them, were the same last summer. Just sit back and see where we end up before jumping to judgement. Your track record isn’t the best after all 

Not jumping to judgement at all- as I said there is plenty of time to bring players in.

It is just fact that he has stated publicly he is aiming for a squad of 20 players and we would be at 19 with Mackie, Ross and Tait.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BPM said:

Remember the melt downs on here before the season started because we hadn’t signed a right back!? 🤦 ……..then it turned out we eventually did who we hardly needed to use anyway with Finn Yates stepping up to the plate fantastically in that position just as McGlynn predicted he would!

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Posted (edited)

Did anyone ever figure out why it took over 3 minutes to restart the game after Spencer’s penalty hit the back of the net? There seemed to be something going on with the ball boys.

Testing edit function.

Edited by JS_FFC
Edit.

Also, I’m glad it worked in our favour but questionable from the ref to blow the whistle at 93:38 when that much time was lost for the penalty incident and aftermath alone. 

9 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Did anyone ever figure out why it took over 3 minutes to restart the game after Spencer’s penalty hit the back of the net? There seemed to be something going on with the ball boys.

They knew there was going to be a pitch invasion so in the interests of safety of the ball boys, they pulled the ball boys, the ref wouldn't restart until the ball boys were back pitchside apparently or along those lines.

1 hour ago, BPM said:

Same the other way. If he was away that would have been announced. My guess is they must still be talking 

I'm still waiting on the Brad McKay announcement to be fair.

46 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Ball boys were removed I guess due to the impending pitch invasion but league rules meant they had to stay.

2 hours ago, BPM said:

To be fair here, not saying you're wrong about the past and McGlynn has absolutely earned our trust. But there has been pages and pages of discussion about players coming in or out and opinions of that and discussion about potential numbers as is normal in every close season. But you've chosen only one fairly innocent comment to jump on as if it was some crazed critique of McGlynn as a manger and the board budgeting. Think Pedro has been very positive of late (as everyone should be) so think it's fair that we all get to contribute to the close season discussions as is the function of this forum without immediately jumping to open up old wounds.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Someone here will appreciate it I imagine.

Beautiful, cheers for posting

Will miss these gloriously crisp highlights next season 💔 The higher angle too... 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

Ball boys were removed I guess due to the impending pitch invasion but league rules meant they had to stay.

It apparently was agreed with the ref pre match that they would be withdrawn 5 mins before end of game but dunno why he wanted them back on.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Kai Kennedy released by York City half way through his 2 year contract. A player I would take as back-up if Ethan Ross doesnt happen. 

Possibly if we didn’t manage to keep Ross, I did like Kai Kennedy as a player but I’d say all 4 of our current wide options (including Ross in that) are better than he was. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

We'll just have to trust McGlynn with the resigning of Shanley and Oliver, not sure how they'll change things in the Championship. Things aren't going to go our way far more in the Championship and think we may need better options but McGlynn has earned the right to sign who he thinks is necessary. Will be interesting to see if Allan has a role to play. He doesn't fit the system but could be what we need if we are getting desperate in games we are toiling in. 

Regarding Mackie, he's done great when called upon but its a real hard one to call if we should keep him or not, could we get better back up? Ultimately he may decide he fancies more game time elsewhere.