The Falkirk FC Thread

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Not an unexpected reaction from one of his sycophants. It's an auto response when exposed, bombast and bluster - after all it's all you have left when exposed.

If anybody gave you any thought or were influenced by anything you said, I might have been offended. but since nobody is - I'm not.

I’m no one’s sycophant on here. 

Edited by Rugster

2 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Sorry, have I posted something that wasn’t factual or correct? Could you quote this please? (Presume that’s what you mean by bullshiting) 

My post originated the £30K Tait thread and was no more than a comment from some Hib's fan I know and that was made clear in my post.

You insinuated it was from somebody within Hibernian Football Club. That was untrue - a falsehood - misinformation, oh will just call it again for what it was from you - Bullshit.

Nearly as bad as that profile that had imaginary conversations with directors in supermarkets about the inner goings in the club

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

My post originated the £30K Tait thread and was no more than a comment from some Hib's fan I know and that was made clear in my post.

You insinuated it was from somebody within Hibernian Football Club. That was untrue - a falsehood - misinformation, oh will just call it again for what it was from you - Bullshit.

Nearly as bad as that profile that had imaginary conversations with directors in supermarkets about the inner goings in the club

You’re a mind reader now? Nobody has insinuated anything other than the idea of Hibs getting 30k from us for Tait as being a bit ridiculous (it now appears his contract has been paid up/terminated as most probably suspected would happen leaving him free to sign with a club for free)

Edited by LatapyBairn.

11 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Actually it wasn't imaginary, it was true. There was some confidential information in his posts that later turned out to be accurate. The blame for that lay with the board member who gave out the information rather than the ordinary fan who posted it. 

I know who the poster is / was. Which he's probably unaware of as I never told him. Son of a sponsor. I've met him a few times and he always comes across as a good guy, as does his dad. I know because he once posted something on here that he also put up on his personal social media. His former username on P&B reflected his initials. 

Absolutely nothing wrong with ordinary fans posting any secrets they learn, be it from chance conversations in a supermarket or because they know staff / players through friendships. The club would prefer them to say nothing but it's just human nature that folk like to gossip. 

But there's plenty wrong when directors or staff give out confidential info to big themselves up. We've had some horrendous ones in the past, but the current incumbents seem to be very good in that area. And at most other things as well. 

Posted (edited)

Latest club podcast is worth a listen, transparent as usual and plenty detail in there as to where we are and the work going on behind the scenes. Also reiterating how important it is to keep driving up the FSS membership if we are to put playing budgets together competitive in the top two or three of the championship. Also as has already been posted it sounds like we have been quite proactive in getting ahead of this vote on plastic pitches , it’s great the club aren’t just taking that laying down but I’ve a feeling we might just be pissing against the wind there. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I always get a bit uneasy calling out HSW (even though I did it first!) because he might be unwell.

He does seem to be even more all over the place than usual tonight! 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

22 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I always get a bit uneasy calling out HSW (even though I did it first!) because he might be unwell.

Certainly some strange stuff has been said but surely you can do better than this. Either you're making a joke about mental health which is out of order or you are using mental health to discredit someone's opinion without knowing them or their background and that's equally out of order or you are simply implying that some differing opinions must imply mental disorders. Really thought in this day and age when we have literally just had clubs promoting mental health support last week we would be beyond making statements like this. Might not seem that big a deal but it impacts people whether you mean it to or not and it's something I hold close to my heart so will always call stuff like this out even if you've not had bad intentions there. 

Posted (edited)

Cba commenting on individual posts/posters but there are some proper weird responses on here when someone has the gall to debate squad complexion or say "hmm i dunno if i'd keep that player" or something similar . It often gets interpreted as some kind of personal attack on the manager, the player or the club. I'd say 95% of folk on here are decent posters - we've all had good and terrible takes, often in equal measure. Bringing up things folk may have got wrong like a year ago or holding it against them in a club forum is strange patter. It's not that deep. It's such a positive, uniting time now. Just debate away and we'll see what happens.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

Posted (edited)

Great podcast and very informative. Echo how it is fantastic that the board  is so transparent  with the fans these days. However, I did slightly disagree with Kenny Jamiesons point about how 6 years ago 1100 fans said that they would pledge £10 a month for fan ownership and how we haven’t been able to realise it. Ok yes, this season has been of the best in the clubs history, but the other 5 have been some of the lowest. I’m not surprised we haven’t hit that considering some of the shite that’s been on offer both on and off the park. 911 I think is the number of the Fss right now, and that is bloody great going, each and every member should proud as punch. I do feel, that consistent good quality football, in the championship will see numbers grow beyond the 1k mark. 

Edited by Big chungus

17 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Great podcast and very informative. Echo how it is fantastic that the board  is so transparent  with the fans these days. However, I did slightly disagree with Kenny Jamiesons point about how 6 years ago 1100 fans said that they would pledge £10 a month for fan ownership and how we haven’t been able to realise it. Ok yes, this season has been of the best in the clubs history, but the other 5 have been some of the lowest. I’m not surprised we haven’t hit that considering some of the shite that’s been on offer both on and off the park. 911 I think is the number of the Fss right now, and that is bloody great going, each and every member should proud as punch. I do feel, that consistent good quality football, in the championship will see numbers grow beyond the 1k mark. 

yeah i agree with your point after that we got relegated and end up in the seaside league for 4 years, never mind covid and a financial meltdown. the fss will grow as we get better and people see the benefits and understand it all better.

46 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Certainly some strange stuff has been said but surely you can do better than this. Either you're making a joke about mental health which is out of order or you are using mental health to discredit someone's opinion without knowing them or their background and that's equally out of order or you are simply implying that some differing opinions must imply mental disorders. Really thought in this day and age when we have literally just had clubs promoting mental health support last week we would be beyond making statements like this. Might not seem that big a deal but it impacts people whether you mean it to or not and it's something I hold close to my heart so will always call stuff like this out even if you've not had bad intentions there. 

It was a serious statement.

As a few have posted over the past day or so, there’s a fine line how some on here react to certain posters. I actually couldn’t give two Fcks to a known two or three posters that seem hell bent on belittling some on here, if there’s a question to be asked. 
For anyone that has been involved with a family or friend with mental health issues, am sure you’ll agree there are some very sad individuals that choose to mock this horrific illness,

20 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

It was a serious statement.

If that is the case I really hope you don't believe making comments about it as a stranger on a forum for everyone to see while referring to their opinions in a negative way is a good way to support someone? Either way you've made an error here. If you genuinely are concerned there are a bunch of resources on the NHS website that you could refer them to privately. 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

If that is the case I really hope you don't believe making comments about it as a stranger on a forum for everyone to see while referring to their opinions in a negative way is a good way to support someone? Either way you've made an error here. If you genuinely are concerned there are a bunch of resources on the NHS website that you could refer them to privately. 

In fact here they are. https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/mental-health-services/

Having dedicated 50 years in working with and supporting people with all sorts of mental health concerns or addictions i am really saddened when stigma is still evident. People can at times be slightly unaware of the meanings behind their posts and i feel that in most occasions it may be unintentional. Intentional abuse on the other hand should not be tolerated anywhere. Tomorrow may be the day that your view of mental health changes!

7 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Laura is on annual leave just now. Joanne is very helpful in her absence though. joanne.houghton@falkirkfc.co.uk

I posted a couple pages back regarding U12 ticket issues and see there's a couple others with issues... 

I emailed both Laura and Joanne and both got back to me within the day- In fact, Laura got back to me after 6pm at night and had the issue resolved the next morning. 

I stuck my season ticket through on the 3 instalments option - Laura explained the system does not allow the U12 ticket to be added to reccurring payment as the system is trying to find an amount to charge each month on a the free U12 ticket.

So if your buying your season ticket and using the instalments options you need to have it added seperate by the girls.