The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Cheeringmango said:

I posted a couple pages back regarding U12 ticket issues and see there's a couple others with issues... 

I emailed both Laura and Joanne and both got back to me within the day- In fact, Laura got back to me after 6pm at night and had the issue resolved the next morning. 

I stuck my season ticket through on the 3 instalments option - Laura explained the system does not allow the U12 ticket to be added to reccurring payment as the system is trying to find an amount to charge each month on a the free U12 ticket.

So if your buying your season ticket and using the instalments options you need to have it added seperate by the girls.

I also took my season ticket over the 3 month instalments, i set up my direct debit on the first of May,thinking the next two payments would be first of June then July.but on checking my bank statement the second payment came out 2 day's later In may

Anyone else had this happen to them 

6 hours ago, Cheeringmango said:

I posted a couple pages back regarding U12 ticket issues and see there's a couple others with issues... 

I emailed both Laura and Joanne and both got back to me within the day- In fact, Laura got back to me after 6pm at night and had the issue resolved the next morning. 

I stuck my season ticket through on the 3 instalments option - Laura explained the system does not allow the U12 ticket to be added to reccurring payment as the system is trying to find an amount to charge each month on a the free U12 ticket.

So if your buying your season ticket and using the instalments options you need to have it added seperate by the girls.

Phoned last week, dealt with immediately and experienced the same re recurring payment's being incompatible with the U12 tickets.

Fed back before that a wee FAQ would be helpful but on the whole a relatively painless process to renew.

3 hours ago, kevinffc said:

I also took my season ticket over the 3 month instalments, i set up my direct debit on the first of May,thinking the next two payments would be first of June then July.but on checking my bank statement the second payment came out 2 day's later In may

Anyone else had this happen to them 

Happened to me last season so phoned the club and got it sorted but it's not happened this renewal 

Posted (edited)

Two new modern apprentices join from the Falkirk Academy

The club is delighted to announce that both Calean McCrone and Flynn McCafferty have graduated from the Falkirk Academy and will join the first team as modern apprentices.

The two-year deal will see the midfield duo become the latest academy graduates, joining second year apprentices Owen Hayward, Scott Honeyman, Logan Sinclair and Rhys Walker.

The continued redevelopment of the Falkirk Academy remains a top priority for the club as we continue to improve our youth development capabilities. Also, as always, a special thanks to Street Lighting Supplies, our Official Academy Sponsor.

McCrone plays as the 8, is very energetic, good at carrying the ball and doesn't mind the physical side of the game.

Mccafferty plays as the 10, very intelligent player, plays with both feet and chips in with goals.

In the below Mccrone wins the ball back, drives up the park and Mccafferty plays the 1-2 before tucking it away.

Edited by FFC 1876

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Two new modern apprentices join from the Falkirk Academy

The club is delighted to announce that both Calean McCrone and Flynn McCafferty have graduated from the Falkirk Academy and will join the first team as modern apprentices.

The two-year deal will see the midfield duo become the latest academy graduates, joining second year apprentices Owen Hayward, Scott Honeyman, Logan Sinclair and Rhys Walker.

The continued redevelopment of the Falkirk Academy remains a top priority for the club as we continue to improve our youth development capabilities. Also, as always, a special thanks to Street Lighting Supplies, our Official Academy Sponsor.

McCrone plays as the 8, is very energetic, good at carrying the ball and doesn't mind the physical side of the game.

Mccafferty plays as the 10, very intelligent player, plays with both feet and chips in with goals.

In the below Mccrone wins the ball back, drives up the park and Mccafferty plays the 1-2 before tucking it away.

Cheers for this, great to see some progression happening with the youth teams. 

We had a youth on the bench for the last game McNab, is he part of the u18s?

Anyone know the ins and outs of what the Modern Apprenticeship is? In theory could we command a fee for these players?

13 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Anyone know the ins and outs of what the Modern Apprenticeship is? In theory could we command a fee for these players?

Agree, fantastic seeing the start of  the young lads coming through and hopefully the foundations of having some sort of youth academy in place. 

40 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Yes, Cameron McNab is one the U18s. He's a centrehalf and we needed cover in case of injuries so that's why he was there. 

I assume we could command a fee, as they're registered as Falkirk players and have two year contracts. Albeit it's very unlikely anyone would pay money for someone who's in his first year as an apprentice pro and is out on loan at Penicuik Athletic. 

Eh, happy enough with that. Can cover at left and centre-back and is a physical player which will be useful in the Championship.

Pretty good business so far with the only one I have a bit of dubiety over being Oliver. Get the 2 or 3 new faces in and we’re shaping up quite nicely.

3 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Get the 2 or 3 new faces in and we’re shaping up quite nicely.

I'm beginning to wonder if we'll even have that many. 

Excluding the apprentices, last year we finished with a squad of 19 signed players and 4 loanees. That squad of 23 saw three ending the season on loan so we basically ran with a pool of 20 players after the January window closed. 

I'm sure the podcast the other day said we'll have a squad of 20 this year. 

18 are already signed up. If we're trying to bring in Tait, then that only leaves room for one more permanent signing.

After which we'll bolster with loanees depending on who becomes available and how much of their wages we have to pay to get them. Maybe with a couple of the apprentices retained rather than sent out on loan again. 

2 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

18 are already signed up. If we're trying to bring in Tait, then that only leaves room for one more permanent signing.

After which we'll bolster with loanees depending on who becomes available and how much of their wages we have to pay to get them. Maybe with a couple of the apprentices retained rather than sent out on loan again. 

Tait, a goalkeeper and a striker. The latter a replacement for Jordan Allan, Tait for Ola.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I'm beginning to wonder if we'll even have that many. 

Excluding the apprentices, last year we finished with a squad of 19 signed players and 4 loanees. That squad of 23 saw three ending the season on loan so we basically ran with a pool of 20 players after the January window closed. 

I'm sure the podcast the other day said we'll have a squad of 20 this year. 

If we assume we're trying to re-sign Tait & Ross and Allan moves on, then it would just be a goalkeeper and a striker we'd need to add to the squad imo. Harry Stone obviously already muted as a loan target. I'd be happy enough with the below, the strikers going to be pinnacle to our success next season as games are much finer margins in the championship so we can't afford to miss some of the opportunities we did last season.

For years I complained about our use of the loan market, McGlynn's been phenominal on that front and at this level it really allows you to bring in higher quality players. Alegria, Kennedy, Kucheriavyi, Tait, Ross.

Goalkeeper

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿Nicky Hogarth June 2026

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿Harry Stone*

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿Owen Hayward (A) June 2025

Defenders

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿Keelan Adams June 2026

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿Finn Yeats June 2026

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿Coll Donaldson June 2026

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿Tom Lang June 2025

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿Sean Mackie June 2025

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿Leon Mccann June 2026

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿Logan Sinclair (A) June 2025

Midfielders

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿Brad Spencer June 2026

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿Liam Henderson June 2026

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿Dylan Tait*

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿Ethan Ross*

🇬🇭Alfredo Agyeman June 2025

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿Calvin Miller June 2025

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿Callumn Morrison June 2026

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿Gary Oliver June 2025

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿Aidan Nesbitt June 2025

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿Michael Mckenna June 2025

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿Scott Honeyman (A) June 2025

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿Rhys Walker (A) June 2025

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿Caelan Mccrone (A) June 2026

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿Flynn Mccafferty (A) June 2026

Strikers

Starting ST*

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿Ross MacIver June 2025

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿Ryan Shanley June 2025

Edited by FFC 1876

Pleased with this news. Thought he done very well when he got his chance. He’s got a year so it’s great competition for the LB slot, and as posted can fill in at CB. He’s maybe got a crazy few minutes in a game, but we know exactly what we’re getting. A hundred percenter who gets wired in. 

Theres no reason to think that as much as say, Coll and Finn have shown great development as part of a more solid defence (and the help of Berra coaching, is he still helping?) Mackie hasn't also been improving. Just less visible with less game time but the signs were good when he partnered Hendo towards the end.