The Falkirk FC Thread

36 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Yeah with a £50 fine,note to self when punching someone who spits in your face look behind you first,a policeman may or may not be behind you.

Was he a Morten fan? Worth every penny mate!

9 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I wonder if McGlynn sees Mackie as playing more at left back next season. McCann has deserved the spot but physicality and height will be more important in the Championship. 

I'd mentioned I hoped he didn't sign on. Nothing against Mackie I just think @Bainsfordbairn is right that we'll not be adding many more bodies now and I'd like a few exciting signings. 

I agree MacIvor will deservedly start the season but imagine how many a Farid type would score in this team. 

I expect Tait and Ross will want £1500-£2000 per week so maybe Mackie and Shanley are also deemed 'good enough' reserves to allow us to get Tait.  

Hendo might also be seen as defensive cover if Tait and Spencer are starting in midfield. 

If that is what they want they won’t be signing. 

Goalkeepers - Nicky Hogarth (1)

Defenders - Finn Yeats, Keelan Adams, Coll Donaldson, Tom Lang, Leon McCann, Sean Mackie (6)

Midfielders - Brad Spencer, Liam Henderson, Calvin Miller, Callumn Morrison, Alfie Agyemang, Aidan Nesbitt, Gary Oliver, Michael McKenna (8) 

Forwards - Ross MacIver, Ryan Shanley, (Jordan Allan) (2/3)

So that’s 17 under contract plus a few apprentices now. Not sure whether any of those youngsters are ready to step up. Ideally I’d still be looking for a keeper (Stone?), another CB (Hanlon maybe? But I’d prefer someone right sided), a holding midfielder (Tait?), and a winger (Ross?). Jordan Allan might be away but I don’t think the budget will stretch to another striker with Shanley, Oliver and McKenna already covering Ross MacIver.

I reckon it'll be three max. A keeper on loan, Tait as has been mooted and if we can afford the wages Ethan Ross. I don't see us signing another striker with McKenna joining, and I'd be doubtful of another defender with Mackie staying. Could be wrong.

Just now, ebobsboy said:

No real surprises. McGinn's presence will be a miss in the dressing room. 

Agreed but I would hope McKenna and Hanlon if he signs could maybe take on that role.

Just now, JS_FFC said:

Tait and Ross away :( 

We have to announce that as we can’t do anything until contracts expire or they are released by their clubs. Wouldn’t look too much into that.

Lawal will always be seen as a hero for his celebrations at Cove, that was absolutely magnificent. Don't see he offers enough for the Championship though. 

I just listened to the Falkirk FC podcast with Jamie, Kenny & Tom. There was mention that the budget will probably allow for a squad of 20 to begin, with scope to increase to 21 / 22 in the January window. I suppose that’s just a ball park figure and it’s all dependant on season ticket sales etc. 

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Lawal will always be seen as a hero for his celebrations at Cove, that was absolutely magnificent. Don't see he offers enough for the Championship though. 

With the ball at his feet hes capable. Unfortunately though, hed be a passenger in all other ways which isn't acceptable a level up. 

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

With the ball at his feet hes capable. Unfortunately though, hed be a passenger in all other ways which isn't acceptable a level up. 

Even before celebrating with the Falkirk team he'd lost his place inan underperforming Cove team. I'd be pretty surprised if his next move is full time so i think it's the right choice by the club. Hope he kicks on and gets regular football somewhere.

I wonder if Mackie resigning means that the Hanlon rumour doesn't have any legs.