The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

The whole artificial surface debate stems down to the two ugly sisters losing a couple games on it over the years. Every time Killie or Livingston beat them at their own grounds, the argument comes out. If Celtic and rangers pumped these teams every time they played them it wouldn't even be a debate.

What's better for the teams in the league system as a whole? That they are able to play every week throughout the season, train on the same park, also have others use the park without great detriment to the pitch, or a grass park that can potentially cause disruption  to the season due to being frozen over/waterlogged? 

'But it looks shite on the tele!?'

Neither of the ugly sisters seem to bother that their ladies teams both play their home games on artificial turf in the swpl.

34 minutes ago, Kirkcaldybanjo said:

Rovers have lost 3 goals in their last 6games. Not that chronic.

You are shocking at the back. How Easton is not playing is beyond me. Thank f**k he is away to Motherwell 

4 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Neither of the ugly sisters seem to bother that their ladies teams both play their home games on artificial turf in the swpl.

Even more incredible when you think of the amount of ACL injuries in the womens game.

Of course they don't care. The criticism of the pitches at Livingston and Killie is designed entirely to deflect away from their own managerial failings, nothing more than that. The fact this ban will hugely financially disadvantage championship clubs will unfortunately mean most premiership clubs will be queuing up to vote for it. 

Our own experience of Bonnyrigg and the obvious case of Dundee this season shows what an absolute farce bad grass pitches can be. Maybe we should get rid of those as well as the plastic ones and play on something more durable and consistent like tarmac 

32 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Our own experience of Bonnyrigg and the obvious case of Dundee this season shows what an absolute farce bad grass pitches can be. Maybe we should get rid of those as well as the plastic ones and play on something more durable and consistent like tarmac 

Red blaes, surely? 😋

4 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

mean most premiership clubs will be queuing up to vote for it. 

Nothing would surprise me about this lot, wonder if there’s a sudden change of rules for gaining entry to the promised land, if RR beat RC, that stops them getting up. 

22 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

I heard he works for the council.

Well what is the name of this sage of wisdom? Folk know a lot about the individual, but not the name! Then it's revealed this Deep Throat of all things Falkirk, is not even involved with the club but works for the council. So anything revealed even if the person exists outside the attention seekers imagination is 3rd hand.

Oh Haud Ma Sides

It's fascicle

37 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Well what is the name of this sage of wisdom? Folk know a lot about the individual, but not the name! Then it's revealed this Deep Throat of all things Falkirk, is not even involved with the club but works for the council. So anything revealed even if the person exists outside the attention seekers imagination is 3rd hand.

Oh Haud Ma Sides

It's fascicle

You're the one that keeps bringing it up, it happened years ago and the poster left P&B straight after it. Nobody's going to out someone personally for posting something that was factual but probably not wise to post on a public forum.

My council jibe was meerly due to you continually barking about the council post after post. 

15 hours ago, Hughsie said:

From what I’ve watched of Raith this season I think they’re capable of beating Ross County over two games. They’re a decent side.

I agree, Raith have looked decent in any games I've seen especially midfield to attack.  Keeper has looked good too, entirely plausible they'll beat Ross County.  Hope they don't mind you as others have said, RC will have the finances to go straight back up.  

34 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

SPFl prize money for the season

Screenshot_20240520-121613_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4941db620df62002bd343de840641c90.jpg

Screenshot_20240520-121627_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f5e6d3715e4136f8cb992ae0e2fa3571.jpg

So the entire prize fund for League 1 is £1.142m.

The difference in prize money between Celtic and Rangers is £1.212m

43 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Screenshot_20240520-121613_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4941db620df62002bd343de840641c90.jpg

Screenshot_20240520-121627_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f5e6d3715e4136f8cb992ae0e2fa3571.jpg

This makes the pitch debate even worse, you're already putting the championship club at a financial disadvantage of £1million compared to the bottom end teams but to then insist on them spending a further £1.2million to change to a grass pitch? Not to mention any loss of income from pitch renting.

53 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

When you see the figures laid out like that it shows that even finishing 4th or 5th next season will make a massive difference to the budget for the following season