The Falkirk FC Thread

27 minutes ago, StuartA said:

It would take a very significant investment and the very best of intentions for all that to happen. The Motherwell situation is an education.

My fag-packet calculations suggest that any investor would have to pay nigh on seven figures to get in the door, and well over to get 49%.

Lots of variables could and would change that obviously, including the urgency of need. But then any compromise from fans would need a pretty good quid pro quo in terms of what the investor would bring to the club. 

(ETA: the premise here is new shares and investment as per earlier post, and not transfer of existing shares which is a completely different and more likely scenario)

It must be kept in mind that any new share issue erodes the % of any current shareholding group has in the club if not taken up by them.

I probably prefer Tait overall but wouldnt surprise me if we started the season with Henderson beside Spencer for solidity. 

I think we're pretty well covered all over the park so reckon we'll wait until after the season has started before bringing anyone else in when gaps in quality will become more obvious 

Don’t think we’d have got Tait on board without confirming a starting berth. Also believe that any player getting a chance of a slot and giving consistent good performances shouldn’t necessarily lose out to someone coming in. 

16 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

It must be kept in mind that any new share issue erodes the % of any current shareholding group has in the club if not taken up by them.

Yeah of course. So on the (unlikely) premise that everyone agreed to new shares being issued to allow a new investor to buy enough to gain 25% and the FSS to maintain its 25%, there’d need to be something like 3 million new shares issued. 

At the pre-Invincible share price of 40p, that means the new investor would need to put in at least £800k and the club ultimately valued at something like £3.3m. And that’s before any consideration of other shareholders wishes around dilution, which could be significant and send the numbers further north. To me, that scenario stretches credulity.

Another approach of offering more shares for a cheaper unit price just to get the cash in the door also brings about the Motherwell scenario which could kill the golden goose.

Much more likely is a scenario where existing shares are transferred from larger shareholders which also sees a cash injection into the club alongside the FSS’s and others’ payments. 

ETA: of course, I’d trust the board completely to filter any approaches in the best interests of the club. 

Edited by StuartA

On 18/06/2024 at 13:56, Kircer bairn said:

Notice Hanlon to Fife not in the bag yet so would be interested if say a 2 year deal mooted with coaching responsibilities part of the gig? Surely he knows we are a better prospect than Fife?

He's not a player I'd want to sign and we won't 

He looked done in PL last season and although a drop down will help him I'd rather we continued with players with time not running out in their careers.

A loan will probably be our aim for cover whilst we have Henderson and Mackie to cover

18 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The FSS shareholding % is protected. So if they dropped to 20% the balance of shares would be ring-fenced for them to get back to their current level. 

Missing Falkirk FC so bad…..however that 2nd goal for Germany (v Hungary) was right out of the Aidan Nesbitt playbook!
Now, just when is that first friendly?

18 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

Missing Falkirk FC so bad…..however that 2nd goal for Germany (v Hungary) was right out of the Aidan Nesbitt playbook!
Now, just when is that first friendly?

I think Aiden has had a spray tan and has turned out at number 8 for the ****.

34 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

This is the kind of cutting edge analysis that the Championship forum was missing in Falkirk’s absence.

Do you mean the truth? He was absolutely rag dolled in the semi v Partick and final v Ross County 

On 18/06/2024 at 18:32, Springfield said:

Had time to think over the current defensive issues. McGlynn won’t wait, I’d imagine he’s already got the feelers out for another CB. The risk is far too high considering Toms last couple of seasons. However he may be happy to play Mackie should we require.

Defensive issues? We are 6 weeks+ till the league starts. Plenty time for players to get fit 

6 hours ago, StuartA said:

Yeah of course. So on the (unlikely) premise that everyone agreed to new shares being issued to allow a new investor to buy enough to gain 25% and the FSS to maintain its 25%, there’d need to be something like 3 million new shares issued. 

At the pre-Invincible share price of 40p, that means the new investor would need to put in at least £800k and the club ultimately valued at something like £3.3m. And that’s before any consideration of other shareholders wishes around dilution, which could be significant and send the numbers further north. To me, that scenario stretches credulity.

Another approach of offering more shares for a cheaper unit price just to get the cash in the door also brings about the Motherwell scenario which could kill the golden goose.

Much more likely is a scenario where existing shares are transferred from larger shareholders which also sees a cash injection into the club alongside the FSS’s and others’ payments. 

ETA: of course, I’d trust the board completely to filter any approaches in the best interests of the club. 

Yep! it's more than just issuing shares. It what it does to the many supporters who committed their own personal finances to achieve a % shareholding. The club messes with their goodwill at their pearl. There are good people on the board, and they have my trust to do the right thing regarding any future share issue.

9 hours ago, StuartA said:

Exactly! 

Which is why statements like " we need new investment" and "just issue new shares" are pretty naive.

Not going to happen......unless someone like Uncle Sandy or the Rawlins gift their shares back to the club   

13 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Exactly! 

Which is why statements like " we need new investment" and "just issue new shares" are pretty naive.

Not going to happen......unless someone like Uncle Sandy or the Rawlins gift their shares back to the club   

I agree it’s complex. I’m all for investment btw, just has to be the right kind and the right person. There are too many scheissters out there as we’ve seen in the past few years. 

Fan ownership - especially our form of it - isn’t a blocker to an external investor. If anything, it’s a useful filter so we get a decent one, ie someone who sees the value in working with fans, without whom their investment would be for nought. 

Best way to close the gap is to finish as high up the league as possible this season. The extra prize money makes a huge difference. Our major advantage over some is that we have a pretty tight and  settled team that has played for a season together whilst others are chopping and changing more.