The Falkirk FC Thread

If the quality of the food is far better (it was really poor previously) then that’s at least something. This new company have previous for good feedback going by Thistle and St Mirren comments. 

I don’t usually buy something on match days as standard but appreciate others do, so hopefully some deals are created. 

I read on X someone said it could cause them to think about whether they can afford to go. My argument to that is do they need to have something at the stadium. Have a drink/bite to eat before you go or afterwards if it helps financially. 

Drinks are expensive on the face of it, although similar to cinema prices (which are too expensive too tbh). 

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

The food and drink price hikes are absolutely outrageous, must make us the most expensive in the league by a distance  

Food prices at Hampden for our games are the same as when Scotland play so unlikely!

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

The food and drink price hikes are absolutely outrageous, must make us the most expensive in the league by a distance  

Partick have the same supplier.  In a recent fan survey, it flagged up the kiosk food could be better.  The club have now addressed it.  If fans want better quality then they pay for it.

5 minutes ago, Latapy is god said:

If fans want better quality then they pay for it.

a better quality of hot water to put into a ready made plastic cup of tea or coffee or a better quality of snickers or walkers salt and vinegar crisps.?

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

If the quality of the food is far better (it was really poor previously) then that’s at least something. This new company have previous for good feedback going by Thistle and St Mirren comments. 

I don’t usually buy something on match days as standard but appreciate others do, so hopefully some deals are created. 

I read on X someone said it could cause them to think about whether they can afford to go. My argument to that is do they need to have something at the stadium. Have a drink/bite to eat before you go or afterwards if it helps financially. 

Drinks are expensive on the face of it, although similar to cinema prices (which are too expensive too tbh). 

You can always take your own. When I take the wee man I've always got a backpack with some snacks for him and they barely even check at the gate.

39 minutes ago, Latapy is god said:

Partick have the same supplier.  In a recent fan survey, it flagged up the kiosk food could be better.  The club have now addressed it.  If fans want better quality then they pay for it.

The worst aspect of kiosk performance from the Fans Survey was 'value for money' (top of my head only 36% agreeing it was value). The quality of food will have to be astronomically higher to justify the increase in prices imo. 

Although I will caveat that the only things I use the kiosk for are to warm and sober up. A horsemeat pie and a beefy drink that is warmer than my body temperature are fine. Paying £7 rather than £5 for this is a bit of pain. 

4 hours ago, Enigma said:

Might explain the lack of signings since that vote.

I don’t believe it does in this case, though you’d expect such an awful and unreasonable decision to have a chilling effect on responsibly run clubs.  Suppose that’s what they wanted. 

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Busy day at the open training day today.  Apart from the injured ones we know about no Jordan Allen either. I hope it's not another injury.

Allan walked with Morrison, McCann and Donaldson towards the gym just after we got in. He came back later with Morrison

Regarding the new food and beverage supplier - As they say, fans can show their displeasure by not buying. That will soon prompt a rethink.

They are only charging what they think the fans will pay after all.

I’ve never been one for eating and drinking at the football. My bro-in-law can’t go to a game without having a pie and Bovril and he has missed loads of important goals due to this. It became a standing joke that if we were struggling for a goal, we used to tell him it was about time he pissed off to the kiosk. If folk are complaining that this might stop them going to  the game they should just sit in the house and the money they will save will get them all the pies etc they want.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ChrispPancake said:

a better quality of hot water to put into a ready made plastic cup of tea or coffee or a better quality of snickers or walkers salt and vinegar crisps.?

I think there was something passed in the Scottish parliament last week adding a 25p charge onto a single use cup of tea/coffee (dont quote me on that) that could be an additional reason.

Edited by AL-FFC

26 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’ve never been one for eating and drinking at the football. My bro-in-law can’t go to a game without having a pie and Bovril and he has missed loads of important goals due to this. It became a standing joke that if we were struggling for a goal, we used to tell him it was about time he pissed off to the kiosk. If folk are complaining that this might stop them going to  the game they should just sit in the house and the money they will save will get them all the pies etc they want.

C'mon Harry, be nice.

The forum that you are posting on is called Pie and Bovril for a reason: it is synonymous with Scottish football. Traditionally, Scottish football supporters have treated themselves to this drink and snack for generation’s, it would be awful if one of lives pleasures on a Saturday out with your mates becomes so exorbitantly expensive that fans have to forego this tradition. £7 for a pie and Bovril? F*cking ridiculous!

Please don’t criticize the hard –up fans (who’ve dipped into their pockets for FSS subscriptions, new strips, Invincibles merchandise, new season tickets, including voluntarily paying the extra for the manager’s fund) etc. for complaining about the prices, the board should be castigated for sanctioning these crazy kiosk prices in the first place.

15 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Falkirk turning to fans for money to keep things going as they want? Can't see it. 

Not the Falkirk way. Wait...

As digs go, this is up there with “Grangemouth”. 

I.e. yes, the stadium is in Grangemouth along with a large chunk of the Falkirk support.

And yes, Falkirk fans decided to fund our club when we bought it, as the alternative was to let it die. Suppose we could have just bought the Shire and changed their name instead, but that would have been fucking reprehensible. 

Prices up across the board and from the picture I saw no chicken curry pie which was clearly the best, no burgers and no kids meal, or if there is it will be well up with those shitey roll over hot dogs £5.50 each. The best options replaced by fucking sausage rolls. 

Think I'll be saving my cash rather than going to the kiosk this year. 

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

Regarding the new food and beverage supplier - As they say, fans can show their displeasure by not buying. That will soon prompt a rethink.

They are only charging what they think the fans will pay after all.

Did the club not look at the prices before awarding the contract to these new thieves?

I thought the FSS were there to look after the interest of the supporters.

easy decision………. Don’t Buy.

4 minutes ago, Tamtheman said:

Did the club not look at the prices before awarding the contract to these new thieves?

I thought the FSS were there to look after the interest of the supporters.

easy decision………. Don’t Buy.

Ps.   Buying wholesale a Bovril costs 15 pence, charging £3 ,, = £2.85 for hot water

robbing B———s

5 minutes ago, Tamtheman said:

Ps.   Buying wholesale a Bovril costs 15 pence, charging £3 ,, = £2.85 for hot water

robbing B———s

Hot water which costs electricity to heat, paper cups which costs to buy and then I imagine the profits are split between the company and the club which admittedly I don't know the details of so is just a guess. I am happy to spend £3 on a bovril if £1 is going to the club.

I personally have no issue with the increase in price but at the same time I'm lucky enough that £7 is not out of my reach so I do feel for those that have been priced out of a tradition they have enjoyed for years before. 

But I was one that complained in the survey about the kiosks. Have thought for a long time the quality has been sub-par. The paper cups were verging on dangerous with the number of times I've spilled scalding water trying to open them to get milk in my tea to then realise the tops had deformed to a point it couldn't be put back on the cup. The pies were pretty dire the few times I've had them so was rarely a purchase I made. If these ones are nicer I'm more likely to go and buy them to be quite honest. I do wish there was a bit more variety with the new company though, looks like there is less on offer now even if the quality is better.

I also think we have to be realistic. The season ticket prices have been frozen but with costs constantly rising I think it's reasonable for prices of other things to increase in an attempt to compensate. Frustratingly, the way of the world at the moment.