The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

For me, the jury is very much out on McKenna at the moment. Whether it's the switch to full-time or playing catch-up in pre-season he hasn't impressed me.

Not sure how you can judge that , he’s hardly played! I actually hoped he’d start in front of Oliver today so we’d get a chance to see him. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

5 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

For me, the jury is very much out on McKenna at the moment. Whether it's the switch to full-time or playing catch-up in pre-season he hasn't impressed me.

He’s had about 30 minutes of play. 

Yeah, Adams from Cumbernauld Colts in the 5th tier. By no means a youngster at 22.

He’s made such an immediate impact, you’d wonder if there may be more such players with potential in these lower divisions. I remember being impressed with Walker (left back at Kelty, now playing in League of Ireland) last season. He was signed from Caledonian Braves, so I’d reckon this may be a good scouting zone.

5 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

I keep wanting to see more of him but for me, creative play flows more freely through the centre of the park with him v Oliver. Neither can touch Nizzy tho

9 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

He said the same about Aiden Nesbit, John Mcglynn and Ross McIver in the past in fairness. Hopefully the same trend continues with Shanley! 

I have never said Nesbitt wasn’t good enough- I questioned the wisdom of giving him a 2 year extension.

A large number of fans questioned the signing of Maciver and thought McGlynn should’ve been sacked after Airdrie. More than happy to be proved wrong on those!

2 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I have never said Nesbitt wasn’t good enough- I questioned the wisdom of giving him a 2 year extension.

A large number of fans questioned the signing of Maciver and thought McGlynn should’ve been sacked after Airdrie. More than happy to be proved wrong on those!

I questioned it and was proven badly badly wrong 

McKenna needs to be given a bit of time. It will take him a wee while to adapt to full time football and it isn't easy coming on for ten mins or so here or there . He looks like he's comfortable on the ball and can find a pass certainly. I thought Oliver did okay . My main concern with him though is that he too often drops deep looking for the ball .   But he always contributed. Tait again what a baller some of his passing was utterly sublime. 

No surprise to see Ayr go out after they used up about 4 months of luck in their game against us 

Deservedly through as group winners and a vital bit of extra cash to go along with it 

Thought Stenny looked absolutely rotten. They will struggle in League 1 this season

Tait deserving of his MotM, what a fucking player btw 

27 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Keelan Adams.... What a find. Outstanding performance. He has some speed on him and was outrunning every player on that park at times. Tackles were excellent as well, the number of times he won the ball back potentially outperformed all the other defenders on the park. Very impressed. Right back definitely showcases his speed and attacking threat far more, looking forward to seeing how he develops over the season. 

Sums it brilliantly for me. Guy has absolutely strolled it so far. Yes a couple of minors, but to come in from the fifth tier and perform like he has, won’t be long till there’s a few watching him. 
On the game thought it was just a bruising training session, and wouldn’t have been out of place at    10 -0. Great overall performance but the big man’s body language when he came off didn’t look great. Hopefully just a strain/match fitness.

Hard to single out anyone but capturing Tait and his overall play since signing is exactly what we’ve been missing. Stunning 

Edited by Springfield

2 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Stenny looked like last year's Stirling Albion after they tired themselves out with a cup run. Doomed.

A bit unfair in Albion. Stenny looked out their depth, and the tactics were as brutal as I’ve seen at the TFS. 

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

They will be a distant 10th.

Was thinking the same.  They have only won 1 game since 2nd March, and that was against Buckie.  Today they looked dreadful (as they did when I went to Ochilview a few times last season).

they will really really struggle.

Re Shanley, he gets himself into good positions. Three attempts on target (I think) and was denied a tap-in by a decent block. And while he isn’t Maciver, he does have a bit of physicality. Young player worth giving a bit of latitude. 

Edited by StuartA