The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, Monkey socks said:

Are there any pubs in Falkirk that have a strong Falkirk FC background with memorabilia  on display ? I have something that was gifted to me by a recent former player that  I would like to donate .

Probably BTW but the club has a bar in the KM7 stand which has lots of memorabilia too

23 minutes ago, Monkey socks said:

Are there any pubs in Falkirk that have a strong Falkirk FC background with memorabilia  on display ? I have something that was gifted to me by a recent former player that  I would like to donate .

Try contacting the Falkirk Football Heritage Trust via their website. They have been working with the club over the last 18 months to refurbish the hospitality lounges and are now working on refurbishing the ground floor heritage trail. First section of the refurbished trail should hopefully be installed in time for the upcoming Patrick Thistle game.

51 minutes ago, Brockers61 said:

Try contacting the Falkirk Football Heritage Trust via their website. They have been working with the club over the last 18 months to refurbish the hospitality lounges and are now working on refurbishing the ground floor heritage trail. First section of the refurbished trail should hopefully be installed in time for the upcoming Patrick Thistle game.

That sounds a great route to explore. Many thanks.

1 hour ago, Brockers61 said:

Good shout 

Just listening to Cameron on Falkirk Daft now. I thought his initial wee tirade was just his wee bit then he'd be OK ofter that and have normal chat. f**k me.... I'm just about inside out with cringe. 

Absolutely horrifying patter 

So Cal suspended for Saturday then. Huge blow and as mentioned above an absolute nonsense considering Hearts have a clean slate. Anyway, you’d imagine the only decision McGlynn will make is whether to start with Agyeman or Ross. The rest of the team is picking itself at the moment.

7 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

If Nesbitt isn't fit we could see a flatter midfield 3 of Yeats, Spencer and Tait. 

That crossed my mind but I dont neccesarily think Oliver deserves to miss out. Saying that, big game though it is, it's not the leageu, we're not favourites and McGlynn might scratch an itch or two....

1 hour ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

If Nesbitt isn't fit we could see a flatter midfield 3 of Yeats, Spencer and Tait. 

Nesbitt won't be fit. Think McGlynn mentioned on Saturday he'd be out for 10 days at least as he'd aggravated the original injury.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

That crossed my mind but I dont neccesarily think Oliver deserves to miss out. Saying that, big game though it is, it's not the leageu, we're not favourites and McGlynn might scratch an itch or two....

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

Nesbitt won't be fit. Think McGlynn mentioned on Saturday he'd be out for 10 days at least as he'd aggravated the original injury.

I guess the consideration will be whether he wants guile or energy (Nesbitt gives both obviously). I can see the merits in either tbf. 

23 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I guess the consideration will be whether he wants guile or energy (Nesbitt gives both obviously). I can see the merits in either tbf. 

Also consideration must be given to whats happened with McKenna. Another option

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Also consideration must be given to whats happened with McKenna. Another option

It is an opportunity for players that have not had a start in a league game to stake a place. and will be a good test against a good Premier League team.

Should be a cracking cup tie.

I’m not sure we’ll see too many changes tbh, maybe just Morrisons replacement. If we are to win, we need to be at our best, take our good chances when they come and defend like trojans. Exciting game ahead. 

I don't see many changes for us either I think it'll be as you were with Alfie or Ross in for Morrison. It'll be interesting to see what sort of side Hearts put out after losing at Dundee. 

23 hours ago, Monkey socks said:

Elliots do, supporters club and stuff all on the walls as you go into the beer garden. I'm sure the colonial did as well but I've not been there in years.