The Falkirk FC Thread

I used to bump into Davie Weir quite a lot during his Falkirk days (we were on nodding terms due to a mutual friend) He always seemed to be stuffing his face.

Years went by and I bumped into him once more at Alton Towers, he was stuffing his face, we nodded at each other and carried on.

Nice fella.

17 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

That second half performance was the best I've seen from a Falkirk side in many a year.  Not just the fact that we won , not just the fact we scored twice it was done with a swagger and confidence and in a manner that's just so bloody good to watch.  Calvin miller on the opposite wing as per usual but was fantastic, Tait second half just wow, Adams what a find and it's given us a whole new option in our attacking play with him charging up and down that wing. Looks like he's been playing at that level for years. Nicky at the back I'd actually give him motm as but for him we could've been 3 down and out of it early doors.  Big Mackie was a tad shaky early doors with oda getting in behind him a couple of times but settled down to a great game and two centre backs were rock solid. Ross had a quiet first half but was tremendous second half and deserved his goal. Even Oliver a player that has been given a bit of stick since he came to us put in a great shift and showed he deserves to be getting a runout whilst nesbitt is injured. MacIver  should've had a double but for two good saves from Gordon and that first half run hopefully puts to bed anyone complaining that he doesn't swerve past players.  Another great day from a side that just keep producing better and better performances no matter who they are playing. Spartans at home please.

Great post - spot on 

And to think a lot of our opponents kept telling us we were only beating part time teams last season and we’d struggle against these superiors in the championship, wonder if the penny has dropped with them yet. This side is not here just to make up the numbers that’s for sure. 

What impresses is the ability to adapt (and the style has certainly mixed up a bit now) to different situations. Both yesterday and v DU we struggled early on (more yesterday) but we eventually sussed out to not give it away, drop off 5 yards and get it wide where we caused them all sorts of bother 

Trying not to get too far ahead of ourselves but provided we keep the core fit I can’t see us not being up there all season now. For sure teams are going to be very wary of us. 

Edited by BPM

2 hours ago, BPM said:

spider is back 

The wee lad is great and needs supported.

Not a fan though of his mate who talks about "us" as a Celtic fan. After the game you can hear something along the lines of "get it up you you orange b'stards" which I would severely doubt would have come from one of our own fans...

2 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Not a fan though of his mate who talks about "us" as a Celtic fan. After the game you can hear something along the lines of "get it up you you orange b'stards" which I would severely doubt would have come from one of our own fans...

His mate was also chanting Falkirk songs at FT whilst in the Norrie at EEP last week. Clearly not the brightest & pretty lucky no one has taken issue with him yet 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

McGlynn on BBC Scotland later apparently.

No-one is discussing the foul on MacIver in the box in the first half that was ignored by the ref. I was a long way from it and the highlights don't show it, anyone closer to give an opinion?

OK -  there are about to be two more signed copies of the Untouchables Book about to be put up as prizes (Falkirk Daft already gave one away) to raise funds for the club. The FSS will have one and the other will be the Equity Bairns. Both managers and 14 players have signed it (only 5 copies were signed in this way). So keep an eye out for the competitions.

I understand there are only c. 60 copies left for sale in the shop or online.

IMG_6837.jpeg

IMG_6838.jpeg

IMG_6839.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

No-one is discussing the foul on MacIver in the box in the first half that was ignored by the ref. I was a long way from it and the highlights don't show it, anyone closer to give an opinion?

OK -  there are about to be two more signed copies of the Untouchables Book about to be put up as prizes (Falkirk Daft already gave one away) to raise funds for the club. The FSS will have one and the other will be the Equity Bairns. Both managers and 14 players have signed it (only 5 copies were signed in this way). So keep an eye out for the competitions.

IMG_6837.jpeg

IMG_6838.jpeg

IMG_6839.jpeg

Never a PK 

9 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

IMG_6837.jpeg

IMG_6838.jpeg

IMG_6839.jpeg

I won it, but it hasn't arrived yet! Waiting to pounce at the letterbox every time the postie approaches! 😆

24 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I spoke to him before the game yesterday and seemed a decent wee guy. His big pal seemed a bit more excitable and I did mention he was lucky to get away from EEP without incident!

It’s good exposure for us and targets a different audience who could end up following us

26 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

I thought it a decent shout for a pen; he got flattened at the back post as the ball came over, ref gave a corner.

Though I was a bit further away than you, watching on a tablet in Greece!🇬🇷🍻🕶🌞

8.32 into the wee guys footage. It's a stick on pen.

Edited by kiddy

37 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

They’re both Celtic fans I think. I like the wee vloggers though, gives you a better feel for the atmosphere than just highlights 

16 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I won it, but it hasn't arrived yet! Waiting to pounce at the letterbox every time the postie approaches! 😆

I just got your address this morning from John today. I’m moving house to Cumbria just now but I’ll send it this week as soon as I have 5 minutes ( I only got the signed copies on Sat). So sorry for the wait. 

I like the bloggers as well, this wee lad, Blair McNally and Sam North give us decent exposure and show us to a different audience than an auld codger like me. It gives you a different view of games and fair play to the young lad yesterday who travels on the service buses from the east end of Glasgow, there are far worst things they could be doing with their time.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

3 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

I just got your address this morning from John today. I’m moving house to Cumbria just now but I’ll send it this week as soon as I have 5 minutes ( I only got the signed copies on Sat). So sorry for the wait. 

No need to apologise!

Look forward to getting it and congratulations to you that it is going so well.

32 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

IMG_6837.jpeg

IMG_6838.jpeg

IMG_6839.jpeg

My Aunts  funeral was on Friday and her sons who are both Falkirk fans travelled home from Cambridge and Germany for the funeral. I got them both a book to try and cheer them up a wee bit and they were delighted with them. I know it’s been said countless times but thanks again to all involved for these fantastic keepsakes.

14 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I think another big bonus we have is the versatility of a large number of our squad. Most have the ability to play another position if need be and this will be great when injuries and sispensions hit as they will do. All good. Wonder if Hogarth has ever played striker!

It's impressive, the amount of versatility in the squad. Adams, Yeats, Mackie, Henderson, Miller, McIvor with the resulting ability for McGlynn to change things on the park without subs or bring on one sub and change 2 - 3 positions. With a tight squad number wise, it will be important as the season goes on.

Partick look like they have the biggest and most physical midfield in the league going by the Raith play off so will be interesting to see how we deal with Partick and after yesterday how Partick deal with us. Should be a cracking game.