The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Stenny only do fanbase app now so assume that would be problematic 

So what would they do if they drew say Celtic I wonder ? Just punt it out to public sale. Surely no.

Another good Falkirk daft, glad to see there is at least 1 person John works with that doesn't seem like an insufferable p***k.

Stenny now the only game I'll be at before the 5th October so I'm looking forward to it. 

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

So what would they do if they drew say Celtic I wonder ? Just punt it out to public sale. Surely no.

I think they’d let Celtic sell themselves. You wonder if we’ve declined that option (due to Celtic sales starting this week) or maybe not given it I suppose. 

9 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

🎶 Has anyone else had a certain song in their head all weekend too? 😂

My son had it on repeat all day Sunday, as his wake up alarm this morning and has been playing it on repeat since arriving home from school today 😂

5 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

When will our League Cup semi final be played and will we need to postpone another game?

What the script with the same posters red dotting all your posts Bigbrbairn?

Is this a children’s nursery we have here?😂😂😂

F******* hell

4 hours ago, GMBairn said:

Another good Falkirk daft, glad to see there is at least 1 person John works with that doesn't seem like an insufferable p***k.

Stenny now the only game I'll be at before the 5th October so I'm looking forward to it. 

George Bowie is sound tbh. Spent many a night in the 90s 'with' him and Tom Wilson. 

Great times.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

The club are not at fault for this.
Hands up.. I can see how the club got this wrong. It’s hard to imagine that fans who bought tickets were so low as a percentage of the 1100. 
I was critical of the club but maybe there is a still a lesson to be learned from this particularly if the team coming to the stadium usually has a good travelling support. 
My view is open the 4 turnstiles even if only from 2:30 onwards and maybe everyone will get in to see their team whoever they support. 

Edited by bejazz1

1 hour ago, bejazz1 said:

What the script with the same posters red dotting all your posts Bigbrbairn?

Is this a children’s nursery we have here?😂😂😂

F******* hell

I have asked a few times but no answer! Higgenarse and his alter ego Rennieball/Rabbie Bairn have always done it. It is ignored but in a way it is comforting. Wee soul

1 hour ago, bejazz1 said:

The club are not at fault for this.
... It’s hard to imagine that fans who bought tickets were so low as a percentage of the 1100. 
I was critical of the club but maybe there is a still a lesson to be learned from this ...

Only lesson to be learned is if offering a cash gate, limit it to operating during a set window and close it 30 mins prior to kick off. That will hopefully help away fans with punctuality or make them buy beforehand online at their leisure to avoid missing out.

7 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Be shocked if we don’t sell 1800 though with the distance and the fact it’s our only “local” game until 5th Oct. 

I've a feeling it will sell well. I'm hoping the board are also treating the Challenge Cup ticket sales as 'unbudgeted cash' with McGlynn receiving his share for the player budget.

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I have asked a few times but no answer! Higgenarse and his alter ego Rennieball/Rabbie Bairn have always done it. It is ignored but in a way it is comforting. Wee soul

Kids in a pram would behave better😂😂😂😂 Never mind!!

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

Only lesson to be learned is if offering a cash gate, limit it to operating during a set window and close it 30 mins prior to kick off. That will hopefully help away fans with punctuality or make them buy beforehand online at their leisure to avoid missing out.

Don’t agree, should not be putting barriers in the way of people wanting to come to a game.

Maybe hard to believe nowadays but not everyone is tech savvy.

Difficult one for the club. PT by their own admission had communicated numbers (projected) for attendance, looks like there was a large number of fans that decided to go last minute. Maybe having another one turnstile open could have helped.

Just seen an SPFL post that 41 games is the third longest undefeated run in Scottish League football history.

Mental that there were a number of posters on here trying to belittle it because it was mostly league 1. 

22 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Just seen an SPFL post that 41 games is the third longest undefeated run in Scottish League football history.

Mental that there were a number of posters on here trying to belittle it because it was mostly league 1. 

And one of the Celtic ones was during WWI when most teams sent half their team off to the slaughter and filled the gaps with ringers.