The Falkirk FC Thread

32 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

The allocated seating thing is going to cause chaos tomorrow I fear.

Normally at away matches there’s a general acceptance that folk just sit wherever they want but during the SPL years it was always allocated seating at Celtic and Rangers (maybe due to the smaller allocation and the fact we generally had sold out) and it was always stuck to as well.

I got landed with a RV ticket for the game so I’ve no real skin in the game but if I was supposed to be in a ‘normal’ seat I can understand the frustration at not being able to sit in it.

As earlier Jambos fans had their seats policed as fans complained about the RV tickets. As Hughsie as commented I can only see issues once the Ultras get in.

Fckn hate these stadiums. 

5 hours ago, Springfield said:

Agree, and if we can keep up the form we won’t be far away, however with the reported funding that Livi are receiving, this could be the difference in getting that one or two very decent loans and/or a successful transfer window when it opens. One thing for sure it’s settling into a cracker of a league 

This Falkirk team are reminding me a lot of the Livi side that went up with back to back on promotions. High energy and attacking football, on that occasion we were chasing a strong St Mirren carried by Lewis Morgan. Come end of season it could be interesting to see both of us go up. 

We seem to be playing a more defensive game this season, letting teams tire themselves out and finding the breakthrough in the second half. When we play each other it could be a very interesting game, looking forward to it.

7 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Livi are a weird one. They look tight defensively but will drop points with plenty draws I think 

This might sound a little bit daft but Stevie May at this level is starting to look a cut above, we're suffering a little bit with teams just sitting in against us. We're having to play guys like Shinnie on the wing to just slow the game down and try break them down. 

Also a bit worried how this allocated seating thing is going to work. As others have said, normally people sit where they want but if everyone just sits where they want then some people that didn’t buy a RV ticket might get stuck there. Also, can’t imagine all of the ultras got tickets together, so not sure how that’s gonna work. Would be a shame for the ultras to be spread out as we obviously want them to create a great atmosphere but can’t imagine that’ll go down well when they’re in people’s allocated seats…

40 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Right who do we want in the draw? Sevco for the money or Aberdeen/ Motherwell so we can get to the final ?

Sevco for the money and the win.  They’re not keen on Hampden…

4 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

Not sure exactly how events have transpired in a way that Andrew Irving came off the bench for West Ham against Chelsea in the premier league today but fair play to the lad. He was one of the slightly less honking players in the Hartley season but that’s not saying much at all 

I know he was young when he was with us, but you must have watched someone different to me. He had the heart of a pea and was honking. I think it’s more a mistake in an arrangement between West Ham and Austria Klagenfurt that was meant to be a loan but ended up with him on West Ham’s books and he’s now found his way into their squad. All we need now is Steve Clarke picking him for Scotland.

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

This Falkirk team are reminding me a lot of the Livi side that went up with back to back on promotions. High energy and attacking football, on that occasion we were chasing a strong St Mirren carried by Lewis Morgan. Come end of season it could be interesting to see both of us go up. 

We seem to be playing a more defensive game this season, letting teams tire themselves out and finding the breakthrough in the second half. When we play each other it could be a very interesting game, looking forward to it.

This might sound a little bit daft but Stevie May at this level is starting to look a cut above, we're suffering a little bit with teams just sitting in against us. We're having to play guys like Shinnie on the wing to just slow the game down and try break them down. 

Nothing like the Livi team that kicked and shit fest their way to double promotion. Spoiling tactics rather than football but ultimately effective 

6 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

I know he was young when he was with us, but you must have watched someone different to me. He had the heart of a pea and was honking. I think it’s more a mistake in an arrangement between West Ham and Austria Klagenfurt that was meant to be a loan but ended up with him on West Ham’s books and he’s now found his way into their squad. All we need now is Steve Clarke picking him for Scotland.

I’m not trying to claim Irving was any good (he wasn’t). All I’m saying is the following jobbers were all worse

Leo Fasan

Paul Paton

Dennon Lewis

Scott Harrison

Tom Dallison

Marcus Haber

Ian McShane

Ross MacLean

Aaron Jarvis

Dimitris Froxylias

Tom Owen-Evans

Deimantis Petravicius

Dan Turner

Rees Greenwood

3 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

I’m not trying to claim Irving was any good (he wasn’t). All I’m saying is the following jobbers were all worse

Leo Fasan

Paul Paton

Dennon Lewis

Scott Harrison

Tom Dallison

Marcus Haber

Ian McShane

Ross MacLean

Aaron Jarvis

Dimitris Froxylias

Tom Owen-Evans

Deimantis Petravicius

Dan Turner

Rees Greenwood

I can’t believe I’m doing this but…

Petravicius was a worker, quick and with an eye for goal.  Lacked a bit of skill and physicality, but in a better team would have done ok.

Paton had health issues when with us and I don’t think you can really judge him on his time here.

Harrison tried like a bear, which is more than could be said for his sleeve tattooed colleague.

Otherwise….

4 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

I can’t believe I’m doing this but…

Petravicius was a worker, quick and with an eye for goal.  Lacked a bit of skill and physicality, but in a better team would have done ok.

Paton had health issues when with us and I don’t think you can really judge him on his time here.

Harrison tried like a bear, which is more than could be said for his sleeve tattooed colleague.

Otherwise….

I can’t believe you are doing that either. No ifs, buts or maybes, they were f**king rank. 

I also specifically didn’t mention Patrick Brough who I thought was decent at times, Tommy Robson who was very good in his first season and at least tried, and DKD/Rudden who were the main reasons we weren’t officially relegated until the last day.

13 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Leo Fasan

Paul Paton

Dennon Lewis

Scott Harrison

Tom Dallison

Marcus Haber

Ian McShane

Ross MacLean

Aaron Jarvis

Dimitris Froxylias

Tom Owen-Evans

Deimantis Petravicius

Dan Turner

Rees Greenwood

Hate re-living the Hartley era and it’s probably been said before on the thread, but anyways… I can remember the 6-1 game against Dundee Utd thinking, wow, just wow. We were so good that day, honestly some of the best football we have played in the last 10 years. However, Deary me did we fall off a cliff. Those infamous summer signings were truly terrible. Patrick Brough the only one that’s went on to have a decent career. I can remember the January before hand when Hartley brought in Andrew Nelson, Jakubiak, and Tommy robson. Those players got me really excited for the summer, and we all know how that ended. Some truly terrible times to be a Falkirk fan. 

5 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Hate re-living the Hartley era and it’s probably been said before on the thread, but anyways… I can remember the 6-1 game against Dundee Utd thinking, wow, just wow. We were so good that day, honestly some of the best football we have played in the last 10 years. However, Deary me did we fall off a cliff. Those infamous summer signings were truly terrible. Patrick Brough the only one that’s went on to have a decent career. I can remember the January before hand when Hartley brought in Andrew Nelson, Jakubiak, and Tommy robson. Those players got me really excited for the summer, and we all know how that ended. Some truly terrible times to be a Falkirk fan. 

The great irony is that if Hartley had just kept the team from the second half of the 17-18 season I think we’d have done well. Anyway, that’ll do for the Hartley era chat. Fair play to Irving for going on to make a much better career than any of us expected.

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I'd expect so, but not because of tit for tat. More because their own clubs clear acknowledgement through the fitting of actual protective infrastructure to their stadium let's the rest of us know they are scum who can't mix with normal people. 

They should be treated in that way at every stadium they go to because Celtic FC have made it clear to the world that opposing fans can expect violence and assaults from their supporters. 

100%. I’m being kept back 15 mins tomorrow because their fans are scum.

You couldn’t make it up.

14 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

As soon as Hartley started taking apart Houston’s  team I started getting disengaged.  There were so many of both playoff teams that were real fan favourites - none more than Vaulks, but you could add 5 more at least - that went and were replaced by players that, like the ones you mention might have been good, but were just never Falkirk players to me.  They were just passing through.