The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, Right in the Stanchion said:

Aye he also loves to talk a lot of shite though doesn't he? Especially if it butters up and ex employee. 

What's with all the romanticism here, yous were pumped.

Pumped is harsh, but I do agree with the sentiment. f**k Celtic and f**k rangers. Don’t want any pats on the back from either of them 

29 minutes ago, Right in the Stanchion said:

Aye he also loves to talk a lot of shite though doesn't he? Especially if it butters up and ex employee. 

What's with all the romanticism here, yous were pumped.

20 minutes ago, Right in the Stanchion said:

Deflection - Airdrie have nothing to do with the fact you got a tanning from a team that merely had to shift through the gears yet it's being lauded as a success. It's the old billy-big-time syndrome again. You think a team with Coll Donaldson, Gary Oliver and Michael McKenna is your ticket to the big time. It's why rival fans revel in your downfalls so much.

Ooh, still hurting!#delicious.christian bale smiling GIF

3 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

f**k hope Ross is okay 

Yep my biggest concern 

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

MacIver going off and the quality of their subs has won them this game. Unfortunately with the likes of Morrison and nesbit out we are a bit threadbare for good options when you play a side of Celtics quality.

I said at the time in albufeira's biggest Celtic bar that we are fuked without Ross upfront as soon as he went off.

You need your best 11 or 10 sometimes 9 to get close to teams higher up especially a team that's head n shoulders above anything in Scotland.

I wanted a good performance today, I got that and with a bit of luck we may have got more.

#proud

There was a lot of talk about McGlynn on the radio (BBC) today for the Hearts job. When McGlynn was asked after the match if Hearts showed interest would there be a conversation, he replied he was happy at Falkirk. I appreciate that's a pretty stock answer, but I would have been much happier with a flat NO!

A couple of pundits saying that Hearts will possibly look overseas this time. Inevitably McInnes and Murray were also mentioned.

I still think it's unlikely but I'll feel a lot better when Hearts get someone else in, it's all we need right now with things going so well. Stephen McGinn was also doing a great sales job of bigging McGlynn up throughout the whole programme when I'd wished he'd just keep it on the low.

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

Feck sake Airdrie got pumped by a piss poor Morton side yesterday and yet their on here giving us grief for giving Celtic a real game of it. Mental.

His team are rock bottom of the Championship with a goal difference of -10 after 6 games and averaging less than a point a game. Yet this guy is on here slagging us off for competing with the best team in Scotland by far, at their ground for 70 plus minutes in the quarter finals of the cup.

Salty salty tears indeed.

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

When the dust settles, we need to talk about wee Finn in the role he played today..... 

Finn was class, a particularly good performance considering that's only the second game he's started this season I think.

I wonder if McIver was carrying something cause he went off quick when he went down so Oliver had been saved for the inevitable sub.

That was great fun.  Just brilliant to watch the support, the goals, the limbs, sit next to Sammy, watch us run a team close whose wages on their second half subs will be multiples of our turnover…losing by 3 is harsh but I’d take that score over a miserable 2-0 every day.

only concern is Macivers knock, but he looked ok when he came over to the fans at the end.

1 minute ago, GMBairn said:

Finn was class, a particularly good performance considering that's only the second game he's started this season I think.

I wonder if McIver was carrying something cause he went off quick when he went down so Oliver had been saved for the inevitable sub.

A completely different, but now well in the conversation option for that role. He's had to be patient this season, but nothing has changed for Yeats. There's a star in the making there and to he as versatile as he is at his age is incredible. 

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

When the dust settles, we need to talk about wee Finn in the role he played today..... 

I absolutely love Finn Yeats, it just shows how well the side has been doing that he hasn't been starting. He has a great tenacity and engine for that midfield terrior role.

On another note just realised we are 11/8 hot (ish) favourites to win the league now. Not sure I'm comfortable with that!

7 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Feck sake Airdrie got pumped by a piss poor Morton side yesterday and yet their on here giving us grief for giving Celtic a real game of it. Mental.

Obviously still reeling from last week 

4 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Not the pasting the rest of our division were wanting.

I don’t buy into the idea that a pasting would have much of an impact on league business. 

Everyone needs to remember it’s still the first quarter and the top three haven’t even played each other yet. Having been in this league for a while now, you cannot predict what direction it’s going to go in. I’d be surprised if the league was won before April. 

2 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I absolutely love Finn Yeats, it just shows how well the side has been doing that he hasn't been starting. He has a great tenacity and engine for that midfield terrior role.

On another note just realised we are 11/8 hot (ish) favourites to win the league now. Not sure I'm comfortable with that!

Bookies covering their arses is no concern of ours. I'm still in glad to be here mode. At this point we are very much in "play our game and let them worry about us" territory and there's no reason to change that. 

Luke Graham now, and others in Jan if required should mean we're in the hunt. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t buy into the idea that a pasting would have much of an impact on league business. 

Everyone needs to remember it’s still the first quarter and the top three haven’t even played each other yet. Having been in this league for a while now, you cannot predict what direction it’s going to go in. I’d be surprised if the league was won before April. 

Agree. It's about laying the foundations now. Which, tbf, both our teams are doing.