The Falkirk FC Thread

We had Winters on trial for 2 or 3 weeks two summers ago before he joined Livingston. He did ok and I thought we might actually sign him but nothing special. He did look a wee bit like he was seeing out time on his career then and two years have passed since. What age is he now? :unsure:

36 according to Wikipedia. I'd take him as a third choice despite his age I think.

I was thinking earlier on about what our starting XI could possibly be at the moment given how few players we have, and it actually looks like we should have a very competitive side:

New Keeper

Duffie Dods Scobbie Twaddle

Millar Murdoch

Flynn Higginbotham Compton

New Striker

For argument's sake, let's say we sign Boaby as the keeper and Wardlaw/McManus as the striker. The squad is thin but the first XI is full of experience at both First Division and SPL level, regardless of what you think of their abilities (Twaddle for example is gash). I would doubt that many sides in the league will be able to put out a side which is as good on paper as that. Pressley can bleat on all he wants about having no money, but it's all relative. That side should have a very good chance of competing for the title, although a few injuries could wreck us.

Spot on.

I mentioned a week or so ago, that barring the 'keeper/striker situation, we actually have a good group of players left. Taking your line up as an example, there isn't much change from last season. 3/4 of our first choice back four are still there, and we still have our main creative players in Flynn, Higginbotham & Compton. Murdoch will no doubt take O'Briens place, regardless of formation, which is an improvement. Dods is replacing McLean, unsure about how that'll turn out, but hopefully he can do us a turn and use his experience to tighten the defence a bit.

Like you say though, injuries (or suspensions in Millars case) would hump us. Hopefully the next players to sign on are a striker and 'keeper, then we can build on that and maybe get another 1 or 2 in.

Couple of other rumours doing the rounds:

Paul Mulrooney - Hearts midfielder

Michael O'Halloran - Bolton striker.

Both on loan.

Think we have to play the loan system this year and play it very well.

No gripes with Wardlaw for his time with Saints, he's the type of player the phrase 110% was coined for but Ayr are more his level. I don't reckon any team featuring him as a regular would be able to sustain a challenge for the Division 1 title. Having said that best of luck wherever he goes, unless of course............

So Lee Bullen has taken a "significant" wage cut after taking a wage cut when we got relegated from the Spl.

Good to see that he cares as he could have easily just took the wage, said before about Lee that he is a top guy.

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5382&Itemid=320&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed

So Lee Bullen has taken a "significant" wage cut after taking a wage cut when we got relegated from the Spl.

Good to see that he cares as he could have easily just took the wage, said before about Lee that he is a top guy.

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5382&Itemid=320&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed

Got to laugh at the "Management team takes shape" banner. It's the same crew that led us into mediocrity last season.

Got to laugh at the "Management team takes shape" banner. It's the same crew that led us into mediocrity last season.

Yes, I thought that was brilliant as well. :lol:

Great news!!

Oh and "over the season we probably had more downs than ups" :lol:

Really Lee? Ya think!!!

Edited by H_B

St Johnstone are close to tying up a deal for former Falkirk striker Carl Finnigan after being forced to admit defeat in bids to sign former Bristol Rovers man Darryl Duffy and Falkirk's Mark Stewart. (Daily Express)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Never has a posters name been so appropriate, but hey enjoy the first division AGAIN!!

St Johnstone are close to tying up a deal for former Falkirk striker Carl Finnigan after being forced to admit defeat in bids to sign former Bristol Rovers man Darryl Duffy and Falkirk's Mark Stewart. (Daily Express)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's not that funny, calm yourself.

Pleased he's managed to find himself a new club, although I'm slightly miffed he's managed to find one at a higher level. I actually thought he would be one of those players who would struggle to find a new club, but good on him.

In the SPL I thought he was reasonably decent, not great, but decent back up striker, and I expected far better from him last season, but he failed to deliver, and I now see him as a sort of mid-table/bottom half First Division player. But again, well done him anyway. Really can't see him doing much in the SPL though, as much as I'd like him to.