The Falkirk FC Thread

1348299280[/url]' post='6648730']

By who? Which posts in particular? What are your views on the tactics we should be using?

My point is that people can talk tactics till you are blue in the face but if the players are not good enough then you can be Sir Alex and fail to win games.

SP has lost Miller, Scobbie, Higginbotham, Farid and Wallace. Dods has played two games this season and is nearly 39, Duffie has been rubbish, Weatherston has been rubbish, Murdoch is rubbish, Sibbald is not fit nor is Fulton. You only have one player, McGovern who has played this season out of last years successful 6 months. We have replaced the lost players with cheaper poorer options. The strategy does not and won't work if you are going to build a team that is successful for the longer term.

We are retaining average kids cause they are cheep. Of our signings only Flynn now would get in last years side.

Look at Partick, they have lost only one player in the summer of any significance, brought in three or four and we see the results.

If we had retained most of the squad used the Wallace money wisely do you think we would have won of our first six games. Do I think SP is perfect, far from it, but I would suggest he has not been dealt the greatest of hands either but I also accept he is the manager and is responsible, as will he IMO.

The old adage about paying peanuts is now there for all to see.

We did bring Elton John to TFS, I'll give theme that........unsure.gif

Edited by Back Post Misses

1348383507[/url]' post='6651934']

My point is that people can talk tactics till you are blue in the face but if the players are not good enough then you can be Sir Alex and fail to win games.

SP has lost Miller, Scobbie, Higginbotham, Farid and Wallace. Dods has played two games this season and is nearly 39, Duffie has been rubbish, Weatherston has been rubbish, Murdoch is rubbish, Sibbald is not fit nor is Fulton. You only have one player, McGovern who has played this season out of last years successful 6 months. We have replaced the lost players with cheaper poorer options. The strategy does not and won't work if you are going to build a team that is successful for the longer term.

We are retaining average kids cause they are cheep. Of our signings only Flynn now would get in last years side.

Look at Partick, they have lost only one player in the summer of any significance, brought in three or four and we see the results.

If we had retained most of the squad used the Wallace money wisely do you think we would have won of our first six games. Do I think SP is perfect, far from it, but I would suggest he has not been dealt the greatest of hands either but I also accept he is the manager and is responsible, as will he IMO.

The old adage about paying peanuts is now there for all to see.

We did bring Elton John to TFS, I'll give theme that........unsure.gif

strangely enough apart from duffle who had a mare except for last ten individually the defence played well despite still collectively being all over the shop especially at set pieces. Flynn has been horrible in every game I'd seen him apart from yesterday when he won everything in the air tackled well and looked composed. It's obvious to everyone that we are a midfielder short every game. I know faulds is still young but he done nothing good yesterday misplacing simple passes and letting the game pass him by. Murdoch is no platini either but he needs an experienced midfielder in there to form a partnership with...no one we currently have fits that bill which is all down to the manager. How Higgins got mom yesterday I'll never know. He's either done or unfit & I'm hoping it's the latter ball constantly bouncing off him & Taylor looking as frustrated & isolated as ever

As much as I can agree with your summarise of the players, Im guessing Flynn, Haworth and Leahy

wont be on peanuts. Flynn was offered terms to stay with County and two players coming from England

wont be cheap in the relocate scenario in regard to wages

Tatics are not helping the matter, for me we have confused the players, failed a dangerous

shot on a poor Rangers side at home, tho had Elvis stating we controlled the game. The fact is

like yesterday, we have defence and midfield as one unit, huge gap then forwards, which has got

better as we now have two. My own opinion is that with all the fangled formations and losses have

brought the morale of the players down, we are in a hell of a mess in which only a change at the moment

at the top will change that, Elvis for me has turned into a Yogi clone, his way or your out which is

required but within limits. We seen last season him encouraging the younger players, now he doesnt, they still

need it from the top as well as from us....Im not fully flattered with the coaches either, I must be one

of the few who dont mind Smith but Crawford on match days stands still and watches, McFarlane shouts random

pish which is bad comedy, its a mess but a more experienced manager would do much better with what we have got

Take Jim Jefferies whom I rate as the best manager in the league, he has good contacts and has perhaps

bought wisely to his requirements in which Dunfermline will run Partick close if not win it this season

I hope not as I have my bets on Partick and Falkirk !!! Jefferies will also play to attack and I guess

in most cases 4-4-2. I for one dont think formations will win you the league at this level but formations

on a bad level can cost you your job. Im heading to see Tranmere v Brentford next week, Ronnie Moore old

school manager has always believed in 4-4-2, simple two wingers and two strikers which was similar to Jefferies

when he was with us......joy of joys and Im stealing Farid's coin

Andy Haworth in yesterday's programme -

To be honest, it's taken me a bit of time to get used to how the gaffer wants me to play in the system.

This is a guy who came through the ranks and played in the first team of an English Premiership club alongside Tugay & the likes. Why is Pressley insisting on complex and baffling systems and formations to compete in what is a bloody godawful standard of football in this league?

I honestly believe we have some of the best players in this league, but Pressley clearly isn't getting the best out of them. Duffie, Murdoch, Weatherston and Higgins can all play much better than we've seen so far this season - the question is, why are so many of our players under-performing?

Andy Haworth in yesterday's programme -

Why is Pressley insisting on complex and baffling systems and formations to compete in what is a bloody godawful standard of football in this league?

Because he's a cock.

No more info required

Anybody heading along to the Park Hotel on Thursday? I think I'm going to head through to see what's said.

Yes. I'm not expecting anything positive from the meeting; however, the comedy value of people venting hot air at Pressley will make it worth my while. It will be full of the buzz words like "desire" and "hunger."

Yes. I'm not expecting anything positive from the meeting; however, the comedy value of people venting hot air at Pressley will make it worth my while. It will be full of the buzz words like "desire" and "hunger."

Add in a five year plan.....

I wasnt going to go as these things usually end up nicey nice or are called at a halt when it gets too much, but I am going to go as this one maybe interesting and may get as bitter as it was in those meetings with Fulston many years ago

I was gonna quote in previous post that I wont be surprised if Martin Richie is not there......an heyho he isnt gonna be there...... :rolleyes:

I still feel, I will be coming out of the meeting still wanting to bang my head against a brick wall

I was gonna quote in previous post that I wont be surprised if Martin Richie is not there......an heyho he isnt gonna be there...... :rolleyes:

I still feel, I will be coming out of the meeting still wanting to bang my head against a brick wall

Bound to have known about this wedding for weeks, if not months, when this meeting was arranged.

72 hours notice for this one?

1348597265[/url]' post='6659215']

Surely the meeting could have been rescheduled if it was known weeks ago that he couldn't make it. After all he is the chairman ffs.

I posted on Onef earlier regarding this.

As part of FSS the meeting was arranged 8 weeks or so ago and the main theme was to be the re-launch of BT. When the club saw the changes FSS were proposing it was decided the club would piggy back on this and give the fans club and team info on the same night. At that time we knew MR would not be there but that three or four of the Board would be so we felt that would suffice.

Since then things have not gone well on the pitch so fans are rightly concerned and want to ask questions.

I personally don't think MR's absence will effect it too much however those who attend will make their judgement.

Hope as many as possible attend. We have tried hard to make it a structured and informative night.

If people think it a waste of time I would be disappointed as lots of work by a few guys has gone into it.